KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » Appreciation and Anti Threads » I Hate the Harry Potter movies

I Hate the Harry Potter movies
Started by: Strangelove

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

I Hate the Harry Potter movies

Why? Because they suck. The acting by the children is godawful (although better...lately). The storylines compared to the books (which are brilliant) are butchered beyond recognition. Then they add things that mean nothing and actually detract from the plot (biggest offenders: PoA and GoF). I go to see them once in the theatres, and then I never watch them again.

Quite simply, they are an abomination unto Harry Potter fans compared to the books, and I hate them, Hate them, HATE THEM!

Old Post Aug 11th, 2006 02:59 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Diamonds
I'm Special.

There is already a thread on this: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f91/t385051.html

http://sweetaslemons.deviantart.com/

Old Post Aug 11th, 2006 02:15 PM
Diamonds is currently offline Click here to Send Diamonds a Private Message Find more posts by Diamonds Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

ah. my bad

Old Post Aug 25th, 2006 08:56 PM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
aniron

i agree.not just about the movies harry potter sucks. thats all there is to it. and one day the world will see.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2006 06:53 PM
aniron is currently offline Click here to Send aniron a Private Message Find more posts by aniron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
midnightshadow
death before dishonor

if you really hate harry potter why are you loking at the hp threads?
are you one of those people who just join a thread to ***** about it?
you also said movies plural as in more than one. if you hate it so much why watch more than one?
it really irritates me when people post just to insult.
i go by what my gran says, "if you havnt got anything nice or constructive to say keep your trap shut!"

i happen to agree with strangelove, the movies do leave alot to be desired, and can never compare to the books. i also very strongly agree that they absolutly butchered POA! miffed that is my fav book and i was so pissed at the film that i ranted about it for the following 2 weeks to anyone who would listen, and alot of people who wouldnt an dcouldnt care less lol.
it still winds me up now, they spent more time giving the damn tree screen time than actually explaining thing key to the plot! mad

[B]in the real world as in dreams
nothing is quite what it seems![B]

Old Post Dec 8th, 2006 11:44 AM
midnightshadow is currently offline Click here to Send midnightshadow a Private Message Find more posts by midnightshadow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Tyrant
The Matrix Network

quote: (post)
Originally posted by aniron
i agree.not just about the movies harry potter sucks. thats all there is to it. and one day the world will see.

Eat Shit.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2006 06:26 PM
Lord Tyrant is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Tyrant a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Tyrant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Originally posted by midnightshadow
if you really hate harry potter why are you loking at the hp threads?
are you one of those people who just join a thread to ***** about it?
you also said movies plural as in more than one. if you hate it so much why watch more than one?
it really irritates me when people post just to insult.
i go by what my gran says, "if you havnt got anything nice or constructive to say keep your trap shut!"

i happen to agree with strangelove, the movies do leave alot to be desired, and can never compare to the books. i also very strongly agree that they absolutly butchered POA! miffed that is my fav book and i was so pissed at the film that i ranted about it for the following 2 weeks to anyone who would listen, and alot of people who wouldnt an dcouldnt care less lol.
it still winds me up now, they spent more time giving the damn tree screen time than actually explaining thing key to the plot! mad
So, you criticize me for complaining, and then you agree with me? Hypocrite erm

Old Post Jan 1st, 2007 10:25 AM
~KoK!~
Sock Hunter

Strangelove, you made this thread..

You're my hero.

W:5|L:2|T:0|

Nothing is true...everything is permitted.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2007 10:51 PM
~KoK!~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~KoK!~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~KoK!~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Originally posted by ~Pielover~
Strangelove, you made this thread..

You're my hero.
I did make this thread, and thank you smile

Old Post Jan 8th, 2007 04:59 AM
Diamonds
I'm Special.

Originally posted by Strangelove
So, you criticize me for complaining, and then you agree with me? Hypocrite erm
She was criticizing aniron, Strangelove, not you.
However I must agree with you, SL. The movie I hated the most was GoF. I liked some of it (scene with Fred and George with the aging potion - perfect - and the scene with Voldemort, f'rinstance), and it was good to watch just as a fan, but when as a hardcore fan, don't get me started. Where did the house elves go?! Since when was Dobby called Neville?! Where was the thing about Ludo Bagman stealing Fred and George's gold?! What about Percy, and his passion for Mr Crouch?!
And Emma said they had to be lethal on what gets cut! The added extra bloody scenes!
And that's not even mentioning Harry's eyes, which are crucial! What gets me is that Harry's eyes are going to spring to green (unless Lily does not have green eyes, which will really p*ss me off) in the penseive scene, and in some scene in Deathly Hallows when we find out how crucial Harry's eyes are to the plot!
It makes me want to scream.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2007 09:41 PM
Diamonds is currently offline Click here to Send Diamonds a Private Message Find more posts by Diamonds Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rampant ox

I agree. The novels are brilliant, the movies simply are not. Some of the scenes are performed really well in the films I must admit, but then again some scenes are left out altogether. I am just hoping that the Directors have decided to leave something out of the movies that is going to be crucial to the 7th book. Then they will be screwed and I will sit back and laugh. no expression

Old Post Jan 12th, 2007 10:39 PM
Rampant ox is currently offline Click here to Send Rampant ox a Private Message Find more posts by Rampant ox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

1 and 2 are good, the rest suck.

Bored? Amuse yourself with Tower Defense!

Old Post Jan 13th, 2007 01:33 AM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
danielle marie.
Bel Fan Club President

I agree completely. In all of the movies, they've left out scenes that I was particularly looking forward to.

I agree with Diamonds. They're good if you're a fan, but if you're a BIG fan, than they suck.
And Harry's eyes?? That made me so mad, I couldn't believe they would change something as big as that.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2007 01:44 AM
danielle marie. is currently offline Click here to Send danielle marie. a Private Message Find more posts by danielle marie. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Diamonds
I'm Special.

His eyes are pointed out like, what, once every 20 pages or something (Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating, but whatever, they're still important).

Old Post Jan 13th, 2007 11:47 AM
SouthernGirl814
Why Can't He Be Mine

Dude honestly if u hate the movies don't watch em I love em bhut the one thing I agree with u on is that POA sucked they ruined it and it was too short and they cut alot out but anyone who says harry potter sucks u need 2 go **** urself and stay outta this damn forum

Old Post Jan 13th, 2007 04:51 PM
SouthernGirl814 is currently offline Click here to Send SouthernGirl814 a Private Message Find more posts by SouthernGirl814 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Phantom
Angel of Music

Originally posted by SouthernGirl814
Dude honestly if u hate the movies don't watch em I love em bhut the one thing I agree with u on is that POA sucked they ruined it and it was too short and they cut alot out but anyone who says harry potter sucks u need 2 go **** urself and stay outta this damn forum
Wow... He wasn't talking about Harry Potter.... he was talking about the movies. Watch you language. And people have their opinions.

Thank you Neha for the sig!
This years Musical: Little Shop of Horrors (sig for it hopefully coming soon)

Old Post Jan 13th, 2007 08:57 PM
The Phantom is currently offline Click here to Send The Phantom a Private Message Find more posts by The Phantom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Originally posted by Diamonds
She was criticizing aniron, Strangelove, not you.
Oh...sorry embarrasment

Old Post Jan 14th, 2007 07:18 PM
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Originally posted by DarkC
1 and 2 are good, the rest suck.
Neg. They're all terrible.

I've liked the previews for OotP so far, but I'm sure I'm going to hate it erm

Old Post Jan 14th, 2007 07:19 PM
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

I like them all. Maybe because I'm able to watch them as a casual movie-goer, and not as an over-obsessed, hardcore Harry Potter fan.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2007 11:33 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Diamonds
I'm Special.

Probably.
I'm probably going to explode in the cinema watching HBP (major geekish Harry/Ginny overload stick out tongue) then hate it afterwards.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2007 04:44 PM