KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » "Dr. Death" Kevorkian dies

"Dr. Death" Kevorkian dies
Started by: Liberator

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Liberator
Mums Gardener

"Dr. Death" Kevorkian dies

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011...E7523JP20110603

Just happened recently.
So, right-to-die the right way to do things in the realm of medical practice, or is it just a poor excuse on the behalf of western medicines focus on treating symptoms rather than a search for cures?

- Emma Goldman

Last edited by Liberator on Jun 3rd, 2011 at 05:09 PM

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2011 05:03 PM
Liberator is currently offline Click here to Send Liberator a Private Message Find more posts by Liberator Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Wonder why he didn't just kill himself.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2011 05:10 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Probably didn't feel like his suffering outweighed the joy he derived from life.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2011 05:13 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: "Dr. Death" Kevorkian dies

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Liberator
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011...E7523JP20110603

Just happened recently.
So, right-to-die the right way to do things in the realm of medical practice, or is it just a poor excuse on the behalf of western medicines focus on treating symptoms rather than a search for cures?

I think it depends on the disease... Some people simply aren't going to recover.

When a pet is on its last days, we put them down for their own sake.. Let them die with some dignity. Yet, we insist on letting humans die of natural causes, no matter how much they suffer...

Personally, I think this is nothing more then imposing your moral values on someone else.. It's the height of selfishness. Just because you cherish life, no matter what, doesn't give you the right to insist someone can't choose the way they wish leave this world.

It's a small consolation that there IS, in fact, a loophole here in the US that allows doctors to dope someone up with so much morphine, that it ends up killing them, which is seen as incidental to taking away their agony..

But that's only at the very end, after they've been through god knows how much torturous pain...

Last edited by cdtm on Jun 3rd, 2011 at 05:31 PM

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2011 05:25 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

sad Awful news

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2011 06:07 PM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2011 06:11 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Archaeopteryx

Dr Kervorkian was a true visionary. May he rest in peace.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2011 07:14 PM
Archaeopteryx is currently offline Click here to Send Archaeopteryx a Private Message Find more posts by Archaeopteryx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

This sucks. I liked him.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2011 07:25 PM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Liberator
Mums Gardener

Originally posted by Dr. Leg Kick

sad Awful news

sad I was actually thinking of you when I read it!

It'll be alright mate, it'll be alright.

- Emma Goldman

Old Post Jun 5th, 2011 07:22 PM
Liberator is currently offline Click here to Send Liberator a Private Message Find more posts by Liberator Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

Originally posted by Liberator
sad I was actually thinking of you when I read it!

It'll be alright mate, it'll be alright.
Such is life.

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2011 08:32 PM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deja~vu
Dreamer

He was a hero here. He died in Royal Oak Beaumont Hospital only 15 mins away. Nice place, great food! I've been there myself when I broke my leg.

What a name to be stuck with, "Dr. Death."

Last edited by Deja~vu on Jun 6th, 2011 at 11:55 AM

Old Post Jun 6th, 2011 11:53 AM
Deja~vu is currently offline Click here to Send Deja~vu a Private Message Find more posts by Deja~vu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

An awesome name!

Old Post Jun 6th, 2011 06:23 PM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Originally posted by Deja~vu
He was a hero here. He died in Royal Oak Beaumont Hospital only 15 mins away. Nice place, great food! I've been there myself when I broke my leg.

What a name to be stuck with, "Dr. Death."

I doubt he would have minded. Besides, now if we resurrect him he has the perfect name for a zombie overlord.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2011 06:53 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grate the Vraya
Disciple of Inglip

Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
I doubt he would have minded. Besides, now if we resurrect him he has the perfect name for a zombie overlord.
`Meh...Not perfect. Sounds a bit too comic bookish to be taken seriously, sort of like Baron Samedi from Live and Let Die.

I got everything!

Old Post Jun 6th, 2011 06:57 PM
Grate the Vraya is currently offline Click here to Send Grate the Vraya a Private Message Find more posts by Grate the Vraya Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deja~vu
Dreamer

Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
I hope I see him on Halloween. laughing out loud

That hospital he was in had GREEAAAT Porkchops.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2011 07:00 PM
Deja~vu is currently offline Click here to Send Deja~vu a Private Message Find more posts by Deja~vu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Originally posted by Grate the Vraya
`Meh...Not perfect. Sounds a bit too comic bookish to be taken seriously, sort of like Baron Samedi from Live and Let Die.

I assume that once you become zombie overlord things have already become too comicbookish for anyone to notice.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2011 07:07 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quiero Mota

Originally posted by King Kandy
An awesome name!

But not as awesome as George Tiller "The Baby Killer".

(To foreigners and others who don't know who he is: George Tiller was an abortion doctor in Kansas who got murdered by a Bible Thumper, and it made national headlines.)

Old Post Jun 6th, 2011 11:39 PM
Quiero Mota is currently offline Click here to Send Quiero Mota a Private Message Find more posts by Quiero Mota Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote