KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Terminator Movies » Which is the date of Judgement Day in all of the 3 movies?

Which is the date of Judgement Day in all of the 3 movies?
Started by: zsolt_tuser

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
zsolt_tuser

Which is the date of Judgement Day in all of the 3 movies?

In the first Terminator movie there is no reference to the date of Judgement Day. In the second movie there are two references: both references are August 29, 1997. First Sarah Connor told to Dr. Silberman in the beginning of the movie that the date is August 29, 1997. Where did she know from? I suppose that Reese told her in the first Terminator. That should be the date of the unaltered timeline. The second reference is when the Terminator told to Sarah in the car also the same date. But at this time the original timeline has already been modified. And it has been clearly modified because in the original timeline Cyberdine didn't have the chip from the first Terminator, because he hasn’t been there. But now in this timeline they have the chip from the Terminator. As Dyson said, the chip gave him ideas that he would never think of. So Skynet should have been developed earlier than in the original timeline. Now either in the original timeline Judgement Day is not August 29, 1997, either Judgement Day from the second timeline is not August 29, 1997. I assume that August 29, 1997 is for the second timeline and there was a mistake in the movie when Sarah told to Dr. Silberman the same date, because she should have told him the date from the first timeline as Reese told her. The original Judgement Day should be a few years later than 1997. The Judgement day from the third timeline is July 24, 2004. With this date the Terminator synchronizes his internal clock in Terminator 3. Please tell me what do you think about this subject and what are your opinions.

Last edited by zsolt_tuser on Oct 14th, 2003 at 11:37 PM

Old Post Oct 14th, 2003 10:46 PM
zsolt_tuser is currently offline Click here to Send zsolt_tuser a Private Message Find more posts by zsolt_tuser Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carnage713

ya ive thut of this b 4 it drives me crazy to think of it. but i hear wut ur sayin. also in t3 arnie is sent back from the same timeline as he was in t2 and t1. so were the hell did the rsistance find out that judgement day wud b on july 24th 2004. it is confusin

great sig made by hegemon

Old Post Oct 17th, 2003 05:39 PM
carnage713 is currently offline Click here to Send carnage713 a Private Message Find more posts by carnage713 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alic88
Barzakh

i was just bout 2 say. the judgment day in t3 is july 25,04 coz of the cyberdyne blowup. no date in t1, aug29,97 in t2

Old Post Oct 18th, 2003 04:30 PM
alic88 is currently offline Click here to Send alic88 a Private Message Find more posts by alic88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zsolt_tuser

There are 3 timelines in the 3 movies (plus the original one). So it must also be 3 Judgement days. Infact there must be 4 but the events from T3 have not modified the Judgement day because "there is insuficient time" as the Terminator told to John. If there is no Judgement day in T1 then where did the Terminator come from? If he came from the future where there is a war between humans and machines it must be a Judgment day also in T1.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2003 07:35 PM
zsolt_tuser is currently offline Click here to Send zsolt_tuser a Private Message Find more posts by zsolt_tuser Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carnage713

good questions wish we had sum answers

Old Post Oct 19th, 2003 10:17 PM
carnage713 is currently offline Click here to Send carnage713 a Private Message Find more posts by carnage713 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crAZRick
I'm God here!

Worried

Assume that August 29, 1997 was the date of Judgement Day in the Original Time-Line... Reese was born when, 2008 or 2009? so learned the past history, and dates and all growing up fighting to survive for 20 years until 2029, got sent back from 2029 to 1984, and shared the history of things to come with Sarah, and saved her from the Terminator... the future was changed, but Sarah was stuck in the new timeline, with the old data, and date in her head, so she always ranted about Judgement day August 29, 1997, including to Silberman on the taped interview at Pescadero in T2...

Now, since we know Sarah was impregnated by Reese in 1984, and somewhere it was listed that John Connor's b-day is February 1985, plus other facts mentioned in the movies which make it appear as though T2 took place in or around 1997 (John was about 12 ( or 13, according to T3) the T-850 was sent back 35 years from 2032 (again 1997, because if he was sent back 35 years from 2029, as some think, then John would only have been 9 or 10 in T2, and he just wasn't that young!!) so T2 takes place in 1997, which is why Sarah is freaking out, because either the date is drawing near, or because August 29, 1997 already passed, and what she was told was inaccurate, so maybe she thinks the future was changed, but she's not sure by how much or what... any way, the taped interview was obviously made BEFORE August 29, 1997, because Sarah talks about the date as though it hasn't happened yet... but, when we see that tape being viewed, some time has passed, Sarah is calmer while still trying to get out of maximum security to get to John, but we don't know the exact date we're at, or what the new date for Judgement Day is... whatever the new date would have been becomes irrelevant by the end of T2, when Dyson and Cyberdine are destroyed, setting back SkyNet's completion, activation, and postponing Judgement Day until T3.

Again, no 'clear' date is listed or mentioned, that I know of, in T3, though there are some references hinting at a possible date, it's never actually stated as 'fact' that it is X,XX, 200X... we can assume it's 2007, because of all the references back to T2 being 10 years ago, or a decade ago etc etc, and if we agree that T2 should be set in 1997, then T3 occurs in 2007.. but no clearer date is set, that I can see... T1 spans 4 nights and 3 days, T2 also spans 3 nights and 2 days, while T3 starts one night and ends before nightfall the very next day, so no real time passes in any of the films enough to justify too wide a variance from these dates, I think... and, at the end of the day depicted in T3, whatever the date may be, it becomes Judgement Day, so we will know for sure what date Judgement Day falls on if T4 ever kits the big screen...

'I'm back!'
'Come with me if you want to live!'
'You're terminated!'

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2003 10:43 PM
crAZRick is currently offline Click here to Send crAZRick a Private Message Find more posts by crAZRick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zsolt_tuser

T2 is not happening in 1997 because when T-1000 looks in the computer we clearly see that John Connor is 10 years old. I don't know why he is 13 in T3. T2 is probably happening in the early 1995.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2003 11:02 PM
carnage713

i like to think of it as cameron screwed up the timeline so dont try to figure it out

Old Post Dec 5th, 2003 11:23 PM
crAZRick
I'm God here!

That's right... if the easiest way to get around the whole screw-up is to consider that police car computer screen in T2 to be the error, then so be it... John was concieved in mid 84, born in early 85, grew up to 12-13 so it was 97ish in T2... 10 years later, T3... 2007...

Kyle was in the 132nd under Perry from 2021-27, and under John Connor from 27-29, when he left the timeline to go save Sarah...

T-800 from T2 was sent back 35 years, so sent back from 2032...

still all makes sense

'I'm back!'
'You're terminated!'

Old Post Dec 6th, 2003 01:01 AM
crAZRick is currently offline Click here to Send crAZRick a Private Message Find more posts by crAZRick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carnage713

ya thats probly one of the most resonable explenations

Old Post Dec 6th, 2003 04:44 AM
crAZRick
I'm God here!

I know... I am a genius! big grin

'I'm back!'
'You're terminated!'

Old Post Dec 6th, 2003 02:52 PM
Praylu
Exit Prophet Enter Praylu

I would assume that the events in all three films took place in and around or close to the month of August just they did in T2. If you notice in T1 and T3 there is never any snow indicating it is Winter and there is also never any leaves on the ground or something similar indicating it is Fall. One would naturally assume that all three films too place sometime in the Summer, which month? I guess we will never know.

SPIDER-MAN 3 DIRECTOR'S CUT PETITION HERE

Old Post Jan 28th, 2005 04:52 PM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

I'm surprised a lot of thought went into this.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...&forumid=55

Old Post Jan 29th, 2005 12:45 AM
vvvrulz is currently offline Click here to Send vvvrulz a Private Message Find more posts by vvvrulz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu

Its always the case with the Terminator films.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2005 01:34 AM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

Thats true.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2005 11:24 PM
vvvrulz is currently offline Click here to Send vvvrulz a Private Message Find more posts by vvvrulz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkAge
Stronger than fear

quote:
Originally posted by SlickRick69
Assume that August 29, 1997 was the date of Judgement Day in the Original Time-Line... Reese was born when, 2008 or 2009? so learned the past history, and dates and all growing up fighting to survive for 20 years until 2029

When Reese is being chased by the cops the police radio says 'In search of a white male, 6 feet, 25 years'. He was born in 2004.

"Be yourself. Those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."

Old Post Feb 5th, 2005 05:57 AM
DarkAge is currently offline Click here to Send DarkAge a Private Message Find more posts by DarkAge Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shaber
schizoid

It varies - the most credible explanation gives seven different timelines and the first two may not even have had a Judgement Day.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2005 08:02 AM
shaber is currently offline Click here to Send shaber a Private Message Find more posts by shaber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

Seven !

Old Post Feb 7th, 2005 05:10 AM
Praylu

Its pretty confusing at times.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2005 02:08 AM
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

Indeed !

Old Post Feb 10th, 2005 04:58 AM