KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » Harry Potter Movie Mistakes

Harry Potter Movie Mistakes
Started by: The Phantom

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Phantom
Angel of Music

Harry Potter Movie Mistakes

First off, I will like to say didn't come up with idea originally, I found it in the X-Men Forum and thought it was an interesting thread so I decided to make one here. Now, this is a forum where we all get to have fun and point out mistakes made in the movie. Such as in Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets where I believe it is the second time Harry sees Dobby, you can see the orange ball that is suppose to be Dobby in Harry's glasses or some of the things between book and movies that were mistaked that happened.

P.S. I have used the search thread and found no similar forums to this. If there is one, I'm deeply sorry but I didn't see it. Now, let the discussions of mistakes, begin!

Thank you Neha for the sig!
This years Musical: Little Shop of Horrors (sig for it hopefully coming soon)

Old Post May 29th, 2006 04:46 PM
The Phantom is currently offline Click here to Send The Phantom a Private Message Find more posts by The Phantom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Denniz234
Maybe someday...

in the philosophers stone movie harry swaps the side he is sittin on after the sorting ceremony

Old Post May 29th, 2006 06:57 PM
Denniz234 is currently offline Click here to Send Denniz234 a Private Message Find more posts by Denniz234 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zac_j
Hogsmeade RP by Zac J!!!

in sorceror's stone harry is not supposed to see quirrell die, so he shouldn't be seeing the flying horses in ootp. he would have seen them in the second book.

Thanks for the sig, KillTheLight!!!

Old Post May 30th, 2006 07:51 PM
zac_j is currently offline Click here to Send zac_j a Private Message Find more posts by zac_j Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xEsaulx
Bringer of Life

In the Goblet of Fire with the he said she said stuff

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2006 03:25 PM
xEsaulx is currently offline Click here to Send xEsaulx a Private Message Find more posts by xEsaulx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prince Nauj
Bebop

Books that are made into movies are never going to be the same. get it into your thick heads people stick out tongue

lo lo Bromios lo lo Dendrites lo lo Eleutherios lo lo Enorches...

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2006 03:51 PM
Prince Nauj is currently offline Click here to Send Prince Nauj a Private Message Find more posts by Prince Nauj Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xEsaulx
Bringer of Life

True. Like with LOTR's, they possibly can't have EVERY single detail.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2006 03:55 PM
xEsaulx is currently offline Click here to Send xEsaulx a Private Message Find more posts by xEsaulx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
scurran

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Prince Nauj
Books that are made into movies are never going to be the same. get it into your thick heads people stick out tongue

this thread isnt about what they left out, its about mistakes in the film, like:
quote:
in the philosophers stone movie harry swaps the side he is sittin on after the sorting ceremony
that kind of stuff

Old Post Jul 4th, 2006 06:56 PM
scurran is currently offline Click here to Send scurran a Private Message Find more posts by scurran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Weeping Fairy

huh, i never noticed some of that stuff, cool! I don't pay that close attention to movies, i just stare at the screen, eat popcorn, and hope i remember to pick up more popcorn, and not bite my own hand off! I'll have to watch the movies again! laughing

Old Post Jul 4th, 2006 08:22 PM
Weeping Fairy is currently offline Click here to Send Weeping Fairy a Private Message Find more posts by Weeping Fairy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

Originally posted by Esaul

messed

please respond to my PM Thorin

Old Post Jul 6th, 2006 02:43 AM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
maham

Originally posted by Esaul

It had no mistakes.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2006 10:29 AM
maham is currently offline Click here to Send maham a Private Message Find more posts by maham Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

Originally posted by zac_j
in sorceror's stone harry is not supposed to see quirrell die, so he shouldn't be seeing the flying horses in ootp. he would have seen them in the second book.
I think it's if you see someone you care about die, hence Cedric.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2006 10:31 PM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

Originally posted by zac_j

That's movie Crap. Harry doesn't see him die in the books.

Blame Columbus.

please respond to my PM Thorin

Old Post Jul 7th, 2006 10:36 PM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

Originally posted by Barker
That's movie Crap. Harry doesn't see him die in the books.

Blame Columbus.

Whether Harry saw Quirrel die or not, it wouldn't make him see the flying horse thingies. I'm pretty sure it has to be that you see someone you care about die. That's why Neville could see them, cuz he saw his parents die, I think. Luna could see them because she saw her mom die, I think. And Harry could see them since he saw Cedric die in book four.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2006 10:39 PM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Phantom
Angel of Music

Someone check the book!

Thank you Neha for the sig!
This years Musical: Little Shop of Horrors (sig for it hopefully coming soon)

Old Post Jul 8th, 2006 03:29 AM
The Phantom is currently offline Click here to Send The Phantom a Private Message Find more posts by The Phantom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Running Mascara
Keeping My Distance

I think Neville saw his grandpa die. Not his parents, his parents are in St. Mungo's Blah, Blah, Blah.

Yes, I just checked the book, it was his grandad. But it doesn't say that you have to care about the person that you see die. All it says is that you have to see someone die to see the thestrals.

Thnx Disturbed Angel!! love

Old Post Jul 8th, 2006 01:32 PM
Running Mascara is currently offline Click here to Send Running Mascara a Private Message Find more posts by Running Mascara Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

Originally posted by x_hp_fan
I think Neville saw his grandpa die. Not his parents, his parents are in St. Mungo's Blah, Blah, Blah.

Yes, I just checked the book, it was his grandad. But it doesn't say that you have to care about the person that you see die. All it says is that you have to see someone die to see the thestrals.

I must have hallucentated it . . . my bad. embarrasment

Old Post Jul 9th, 2006 06:49 AM
Running Mascara
Keeping My Distance

Originally posted by -Tired Hiker-
I must have hallucentated it . . . my bad. embarrasment

Wasn't it your first time reading the book? You can't memorize everything it says.

I've read it 2 times already and I'm on my 3rd (although I think I'ma stop) that's the only reason I know what it says. I've read it more than once. (it's one of my favies)

Thnx Disturbed Angel!! love

Old Post Jul 9th, 2006 08:15 AM
Running Mascara is currently offline Click here to Send Running Mascara a Private Message Find more posts by Running Mascara Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
goddess_susu
half elf half witch

In The Chamber of Secrets
during the quidditch game with the crazy bludger
*Harry brakes right arm (if I remember correctly)
*ketchs snitch wit left and falls to the floor
*when bludger comes back for him he rolls
and sits up USING BOTH HANDS
*after hermione distroys bludger and camera goes back to Harry
the broken hand (which was just holding him up)
is laying on Harry's lap

Is there a dragon nearby? because I'm on FIRE!

Old Post Jul 10th, 2006 03:03 AM
goddess_susu is currently offline Click here to Send goddess_susu a Private Message Find more posts by goddess_susu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
thething91

IN THE SORCERERS STONE HARRY DOES SEE QUIRREL DIE BUT IT'S NOT ENTIRELY QUIRREL IT'S ACTUALLY VODLEMORT TOO, AND AFTER PART FOUR GOBLET OF FIRE HARRY SAW CEDRIC DIGGORY DIE AND FURTHER MORE CAN NOW SEE THE HORSES, U GOT TO READ THE BOOKS A FEW TIMES TO PICK THIS INFORMATION UP, I AT LEAST READ ALL FIVE 5 TIMES, AND READ 6 TWICE.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2006 06:53 PM
thething91 is currently offline Click here to Send thething91 a Private Message Find more posts by thething91 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sweet Sacrifice
=^_^=

Originally posted by Denniz234

I noticed that too and pointed it out to my family laughing out loud

Old Post Jul 12th, 2006 01:49 AM
Sweet Sacrifice is currently offline Click here to Send Sweet Sacrifice a Private Message Find more posts by Sweet Sacrifice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote