KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Outlaws

STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Outlaws
Started by: REXXXX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
REXXXX
Networking

STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Outlaws

Tatooine

The room is crowded today as every being from every walk of life ducks into the cooled room of the underground speak-easy to get out of the heat of the twin suns. You catch pieces of conversation about the bar, but people are careful with their topics around you.

The seats beside you are clear; they know to give you space when you walk into the cantina. They know what you can do, and what you are. And you are not shy about it.

Someone sidles up to the bar and takes the seat next to you. Anyone that does so either has a purpose or nothing to fear from you. You judge its the first.

"You're Rio Rast," says the man after he's ordered a drink.

"I am," you say.

"They say you're a Jedi."

"I am."

"You're a long way from Coruscant."

"Your point?"

"The Republic isn't out here on Tatooine."

"I know."

The man regards you for a moment, then downs his drink in one-go.

"They also say you want to help people."

You nod.

"Then I've got a job for you."

---

Welcome to an episode of the Retrospection games. As an episode of this series, “Outlaws” will be a very personal plotline, exploring events involving the player’s character. Going off of Ushgarak’s ever-popular Star Wars roleplaying game, these mini-episodes occur in game-play’s past. This episode will examine a day in the life of a Jedi gone bounty hunter who brings the worst criminals to justice- a bounty hunter named Rio Rast.

You left the Order at some point after you completed your Jedi training, for reasons you've shared with the Council or kept private. You obviously felt that you owed the entire Galaxy your gun and saber, not just the Republic. So you have drifted the fringes of society, rooting out evil where it can be found.

It is somewhere in the years after the Battle for Naboo. Rast has been approached with a job, one that suits his particular talents- especially the violent ones.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2012 06:11 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Mandas Alef

On the Rim, you rarely expect to find worlds that are civilized and advanced. Worlds like Alura- with its planetary shield, established nations, and standing armies- are hard to come by out here.

So Mandas Alef does nothing to defeat your expectations. It is not dissimilar to Tatooine in that it is a dry ball of sand floating in space. Except it has a lavender hue to its planet-wide deserts, and the poles look to be iced over, with greenery on the fringes.

"Welcome to Mandas Alef," Moryse says from the pilot's chair of the space dingy you are riding in.

Moryse has come to you from the Free Town of Eret-zo, the only urban center on the planet that is NOT dominated by slavers and warlords. You are not surprised that Eret-zo needs your help, if that is the case.

Wiry Moryse is guiding the old tired ship down to the planet, to land in Eret-zo.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2012 06:30 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rio Rio

Rio Rast just watches this Moryse character pilot the ship, and glances out the window to the lavender sand planet outside.

Does Rast know anything about Mandas Alef already or did Moryse have to tell him about it?

Old Post Oct 7th, 2012 07:09 PM
Rio Rio is currently offline Click here to Send Rio Rio a Private Message Find more posts by Rio Rio Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

You know very little about Mandas Alef aside from it being an unruly, backwater world dominated by warlords and slavers. Except, of course, the Free Town.

"You might want to strap in better," Moryse warns you as the ship descends. It immediately starts blaring out proximity alarms, and you see flashes from the surface below.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2012 04:15 AM
Rio Rio

"What's that?" Rio asks when he sees flashes.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2012 03:58 PM
Rio Rio is currently offline Click here to Send Rio Rio a Private Message Find more posts by Rio Rio Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

"Our welcoming committee," Moryse says.

You can make out the shape of missiles flying up from the surface.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2012 06:58 AM
Rio Rio

"They're shooting at us?!" Rio shouts. "What are we doing about it? Is there a gun on this thing? Maybe I can shoot them down before they hit us."

Old Post Oct 18th, 2012 02:03 AM
REXXXX
Networking

"Relax," Moryse says. "This isn't my first rodeo, Jedi. Watch."

You notice that some of the missiles and blasts coming up from below are streaming into the path of the others... and destroying them well before they reach you.

Moryse steers the craft toward the area that the counter-blasts are coming from, to the left. You see a city there.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2012 03:55 PM
Rio Rio

"You're used to this then," Rio Rast says. "Is that the Free Town I see? Where you came from."

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2012 02:52 AM
REXXXX
Networking

"It's a tradition at this point," Moryse says. "And yeah, that's it. Home, sweet home."

The space dingy descends through a series of fiery clouds left behind by colliding missiles and flak cannons before steering fully clear of the enemy artillery and descending to Eret-zo.

The city consists of a small cluster of squat towers, surrounded by a high wall. A variety of smaller buildings squeeze in around the towers, between them and the walls.

At the center is an empty space. Your instincts draw your attention to it.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2012 07:26 PM
Rio Rio

"Why is that spot empty?" Rast asks Moryse. "I feel like it shouldn't be."

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2012 07:49 PM
REXXXX
Networking

"That's why you're here," Moryse says. "To refill that empty space. You'll find out more when we get down there. It's not going to be easy but I figure a Jedi can handle it."

It is a short ride down to Eret-zo, and Moryse lands atop one of the squat towers.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2012 09:12 PM
Rio Rio

Rio Rast will jump out as soon as the ship lands. More walk slowly than jump, though. He is not super springy when he isn't in a fight, he doesn't want people to know how he is.

"So what now?"

Old Post Nov 9th, 2012 06:00 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Moryse guides you to a stairwell that descends into the tower, which has a very rustic feel to it. The towers were built long ago, you are sure of that. Moryse confirms it.

"Mandas Alef has known war for centuries," Moryse says. "These towers were designed as fortresses when men fought with swords and arrows. They don't stand up well to lasers and bombs."

Old Post Nov 13th, 2012 04:56 PM
Rio Rio

"How are you still fighting a war from here then?" Rast asks. "Wouldn't they be destroyed in a modern battle with lasers and bombs?"

Old Post Nov 20th, 2012 08:55 PM
REXXXX
Networking

"There WAS something in place to keep them from just melting at the first blast," Moryse says. "I'm sure you can figure out what that was."

Old Post Nov 21st, 2012 08:33 AM
Rio Rio

"Shields?" Rast says. "Or bigger guns?"

Old Post Nov 21st, 2012 06:43 PM
REXXXX
Networking

"Well, both," Moryse says. "But I was talking about the shields. You'll hear more when we get inside..."

Moryse brings you to what can only be a war room. Tables with holographic displays of the desert around Eret-zo and of the planet Mandas Alef dot the room, and men and women and aliens are crowded around them, talking heatedly.

You are then brought before Commander Akkert, the leader of the Eret-zo militias. He is a grizzled old man in a heavily decorated, worn-out uniform. He is stroking his beard and looking over charts and datapads when you walk up with Moryse.

"This is him?" asks Commander Akkert.

"Yes, Commander," Moryse says. "This is the Jedi."

The Commander studies you briefly. "You don't look like a Jedi," Akkert decides.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2012 09:46 PM
Rio Rio

"I'm not a Jedi in the strictest sense," Rio says. "I trained with them to Knighthood then left to do my own thing. Is that a problem? Do I not fit your bill?"

Old Post Dec 9th, 2012 02:46 AM
REXXXX
Networking

"If you can walk the walk, I'm fine," Akkert says. "Worst case scenario, you get killed and we find an actual Jedi."

"Hey now..." Moryse says.

Akkert shrugs. "Like I said. If he can, we're good."

Old Post Dec 10th, 2012 02:46 AM