KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » Who agrees's with this girl?

Who agrees's with this girl?
Started by: Supra

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Supra
Restricted

Account Restricted

Who agrees's with this girl?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaL6guA82p4

Skip to the review. She does not understand anything about what they are trying to do with this movie.

Dumb

Old Post Mar 9th, 2013 02:29 AM
Supra is currently offline Click here to Send Supra a Private Message Find more posts by Supra Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

What about it didn't you like?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Mar 9th, 2013 02:42 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supra
Restricted

Account Restricted

Her BS about Henry Cavil not being able to play Clark Kent or Superman and that Kevin Coster could have played Superman when he was younger.

Also stating the movie is to dark and its not what a superman movie should be like!!
Shes so stupid

Old Post Mar 9th, 2013 04:22 AM
Supra is currently offline Click here to Send Supra a Private Message Find more posts by Supra Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

She has valid points, imo.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Mar 9th, 2013 12:49 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supra
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think the movie is going to prove everyone wrong. This isn't a normal superman movie.

You think Kevin Costner could have played Superman when he was younger?

Old Post Mar 9th, 2013 06:45 PM
Supra
Restricted

Account Restricted

Its Hans Zimmer music not Enya too, she is so dumb.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2013 12:48 AM
KillaKassara
Restricted

Account Restricted

I would date her.

"Compounding these trickster aspects, the Joker ethos is verbally explicated as such by his psychiatrist, who describes his madness as "super-sanity." Where "sanity" previously suggested acquiescence with cultural codes, the addition of "super" implies that this common "sanity" has been replaced by a superior form, in which perception and processing are completely ungoverned and unconstrained"

Old Post Mar 10th, 2013 01:00 AM
KillaKassara is currently offline Click here to Send KillaKassara a Private Message Find more posts by KillaKassara Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Supra
She does not understand anything about what they are trying to do with this movie.
She seems to be more of a traditionalist when it comes to the mythos.

A younger Costner playing Superman? Maybe.

Cavill being wrong for Superman? He's a bit young (I always think of Superman as early to mid 30s), but I like his visual image way better than Roth's, and so far even better than Reeve's (keeping in mind the different "tones" of each film).

Ultimately, it's the writing and characters which will make/break this. If it works, Movie Superman will come across less "comic booky."

Rendering primary-color, over-the-top characters in live action is tricky. At worst, the result is silly; at best, it's awe-inspiring

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2013 01:14 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KillaKassara
Restricted

Account Restricted

"Awe inspiring" and every other argument to be made is such a cliche.

She's absolutely right, the original Superman, and even Returns at least was colorful, imgainative, and mystifying. I just don't know about this.

And there is nothing I can see more eye to eye with her about than that ****ing annoying ass score they put together.

The movie has Superman no where in the title, which is gay. Just like the previous TWO Batman films.

Other than Begins, every single Nolan film has given me a ****ing migrane, whereas Zack Snyder's Watchmen was kinda neat with Manhattan, yet other than Watchman 300 gave me an IQ killing migrane as well.

But Manhattan was such a flipping awesome character, and Ethereal quantum mechanic who could make the fantastic and impossible possible. I was also in a Chemistry course at the time Watchmen came out, and that's another reason Watchmen's Doctor Manhattan was so ****ing awesome to me.

However, Watchmen was not Zack Snyder's invention, it was Moore's, and so far we have two Directors that give me migranes. So I sympathise with her arguments actually.

"Compounding these trickster aspects, the Joker ethos is verbally explicated as such by his psychiatrist, who describes his madness as "super-sanity." Where "sanity" previously suggested acquiescence with cultural codes, the addition of "super" implies that this common "sanity" has been replaced by a superior form, in which perception and processing are completely ungoverned and unconstrained"

Old Post Mar 10th, 2013 04:03 PM
KillaKassara is currently offline Click here to Send KillaKassara a Private Message Find more posts by KillaKassara Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Originally posted by Dolos
The movie has Superman no where in the title, which is gay...
To call something 'gay' when you don't like it is worse than cliche: it's an insult to the demographic.

Manhattan was such a flipping awesome character...
Agreed. I especially liked the live-action, movie rendering, as opposed to his typical, comic-book depiction.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Last edited by Mindship on Mar 10th, 2013 at 04:42 PM

Old Post Mar 10th, 2013 04:39 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KillaKassara
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Mindship
To call something 'gay' when you don't like it is worse than cliche: it's an insult to the demographic.

I honestly did not mean to sound like that. I ****ing hate that other's use of langauge rubs off on me so.

But it happens.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2013 04:53 PM
Supra
Restricted

Account Restricted

What was mystifying about Superman Returns?

Old Post Mar 10th, 2013 10:45 PM
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Didn't like her face. Got to agree with Supra.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2013 10:48 PM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supra
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Placidity
Didn't like her face. Got to agree with Supra.

Thank you!

Old Post Mar 11th, 2013 12:44 AM
Supra
Restricted

Account Restricted

"Awe inspiring" and every other argument to be made is such a cliche.

She's absolutely right, the original Superman, and even Returns at least was colorful, imgainative, and mystifying. I just don't know about this.

And there is nothing I can see more eye to eye with her about than that ****ing annoying ass score they put together.

The movie has Superman no where in the title, which is gay. Just like the previous TWO Batman films.

Other than Begins, every single Nolan film has given me a ****ing migrane, whereas Zack Snyder's Watchmen was kinda neat with Manhattan, yet other than Watchman 300 gave me an IQ killing migrane as well.

But Manhattan was such a flipping awesome character, and Ethereal quantum mechanic who could make the fantastic and impossible possible. I was also in a Chemistry course at the time Watchmen came out, and that's another reason Watchmen's Doctor Manhattan was so ****ing awesome to me.

However, Watchmen was not Zack Snyder's invention, it was Moore's, and so far we have two Directors that give me migranes. So I sympathise with her arguments actually.

Bro you way off base.. The only good point you made was about Manhattan being awesome.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2013 12:47 AM
Supra
Restricted

Account Restricted

The point of this movie is to different, not the same flat out old boring superman stuff.

This shows a young boy and young man not sure about who he is or where he comes from.."I have so many questions..Where do I come from."

Clark is being shown as a boy trying to save people, even as a young man he still does not know who or what he is but he has that inante purpose to help people and wants to know about his past.

Is this a darker Superman, maybe only in the colors of the movie, but you have to look past the colors of the movie and see the will behind it.

It shows a vulnerable, perhaps afraid and unsure man, even with all his power. He allows himself to be subject to the law, taken into custody by the military.

A great force comes again the earth and he is the only force on the planet capable of defending earth.

In the begining he is underwater, looks like his ship he was working on was blown up or damaged. Or perhaps he is just resting underwater. I dont really know. But then he opens his eyes as the back narrative of his mother tells his mother to "make it small" because the world is to big.

Then it takes us straight to him rescuing a bus that was underwater, but he has a scared/unsure look on his face as to what he is doing and possibly what his father might say. He is afraid to be found out.

Then it skips to his father telling him he has to keep that side of himself a secret for the very reason of him not being found out who he really is or what he is capable of.

These are all the reasons why this is a Superman movie and its back to the roots of who Clark kent really is.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2013 01:15 AM
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Originally posted by Supra
Also stating the movie is to dark and its not what a superman movie should be like!!

She's right about that. In the comics the Superman stories aren't dark, they're not like Batman's. And the bright color scheme and design of his suit makes it difficult to incorporate deep emotional realism needed to make the most off of a dark setting.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2013 07:31 AM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Don't know anything about the video or this topic, but Astner is spot on.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Mar 11th, 2013 02:10 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Astner
She's right about that. In the comics the Superman stories aren't dark, they're not like Batman's. And the bright color scheme and design of his suit makes it difficult to incorporate deep emotional realism needed to make the most off of a dark setting.

Superman can (and has) had deep emotional realism without having a dark setting.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Mar 11th, 2013 02:29 PM
super pr*xy

she does have valid points.. but it think it's just the newness of the movie.. the different take on superman kinda scares a lot of the older fans.. it's a change, and people are afraid of changes.. but i say give the man of steel an unbiased shot.. MOS should not be compared to anything before it's shown in the theaters.. either ways, i'm watching this..

Old Post Mar 11th, 2013 04:45 PM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote