KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Was Catwoman any guy's first comic crush?

Was Catwoman any guy's first comic crush?
Started by: HarryCanyon

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
HarryCanyon

Was Catwoman any guy's first comic crush?

Definitely when i was 8 reading the comics of Batman and Catwoman, i fell in love with her right away and even with Julie Newmar and Lee Meriwether's versions of Catwoman.

Then when i saw her on Batman Returns (Saw that movie 4 times in theaters) and on TAS when i was 11, she was hot as hell as a blonde but brunette still wins.

Although i didn't like Year One's version from the comics for she had the Sinead O'Conner look and since she was a hooker she was probably swarming with diseases.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2012 04:59 PM
HarryCanyon is currently offline Click here to Send HarryCanyon a Private Message Find more posts by HarryCanyon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

I liked Julie Newmar and Michelle Pfeiffer as Catwoman when I was young.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Feb 4th, 2012 02:03 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Julie Newmar was a freakin babe! definitely my fav Catwoman.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2012 08:04 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

It was seeing Julie Newmar on Batman reruns that got me into the character. They didn't start to draw her any good until 1986, post Dark Knight Returns.
And I liked the tough version of her as a hooker turned burglar in Frank Miller's Batman: Year One. So she wasn't glammed up - no big deal.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Feb 8th, 2012 08:56 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HarryCanyon

Well she looked too much like Sinead O'Conner if you ask me on Year One, remember Sinead?

I adore Catwoman/Selina Kyle in any version over the years such as comic versions (sans Year One), blonde/brunette TAS versions, The Batman version, Brave and The Bold version, Michelle Pfefier version, Julie Newmar version, Lee Meriwether version. Hell, i even thought the mutated version of Selina Kyle from that cool Batman TAS episode "Tyger Tyger" (Remember that episode where she got turned into a literal cat-woman?) was strangely sexy when i was 11, still do think so, in a way like Cheetara, Cleo on Heathcliff, Felicia on Darkstalkers or Aishia Clan Clan on Outlaw Star if you know what i mean right, LOL.

I hope Anne Hathaway's version takes my breath away like all those did.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2012 08:43 AM
HarryCanyon is currently offline Click here to Send HarryCanyon a Private Message Find more posts by HarryCanyon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

She wasn't bald in Year One; just had a closely cropped 'do. No resemblance to Sinead occurred to me.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Feb 16th, 2012 11:15 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Shadow Z

I've always preferred Huntress myself and also Black Canary.

I haven't really liked the short haired look of Catwoman, the long hair was better by far.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2012 02:26 PM
Lord Shadow Z is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Shadow Z a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Shadow Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sindahouse

Comic crush??? lol.. Too funny.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2012 03:01 PM
sindahouse is currently offline Click here to Send sindahouse a Private Message Find more posts by sindahouse Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote