KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Smallville Forum » Get Freaking Ready For A 2hour Series Finale And..........

Get Freaking Ready For A 2hour Series Finale And..........
Started by: ~JP~

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
~JP~
yeah baby

Get Freaking Ready For A 2hour Series Finale And..........

The return of Rosenbaum as Lex. eek!

From TVLine

quote:

FEBRUARY 11, 2011 07:45 PM PST
Smallville Exclusive! Michael Rosenbaum Back for Series Finale: 'I'm Doing It For the Fans'
BY MATT WEBB MITOVICH AND MICHAEL AUSIELLO

The small-screen Superman mythos just breathed an enormous sigh of relief.
After nearly a year of will-he-or-won’t-he speculation, Michael Rosenbaum has inked a deal to reprise his role as Smallville‘s Lex Luthor in the two-hour season finale airing May 13, TVLine has learned.
“I’m delighted to return for the series finale,” Rosenbaum tells TVLine exclusively. “I’m simply doing it for all of the fans out there who made Smallville the great success it is. I appreciate all of their passion, their relentlessness, and even their threats. Ha ha.”
The actor continues, “I can’t wait to hug the old crew back in Vancouver one last time and see all of my old friends once again. Oh, and for Lex to become the bad-ass he’s destined to be.”
Executive producers Kelly Souders and Brian Peterson say of Rosenbaum’s encore, “It feels like the stars are aligning, literally. We couldn’t be more excited. And as far as the way he returns… there’ll be no doubt about how Lex becomes the great rival in Clark Kent’s life. He is the villain of the story.”
Smallville Final Season Preview: Waiting for Superman
Rosenbaum’s return was considered by many to be the missing piece of the show’s 10th final run, which has welcomed back alums such as John Schneider and Annette O’Toole (as Jonathan and Martha Kent) and John Glover (Lionel Luthor), and later this season Laura Vandervoort (Kara/Supergirl) and Callum Blue (Zod).
Smallville Scoop: Supergirl Returns!
But having Lex back in the flesh — given the series’ wrap-up and a season-long storyline strongly hinting at the supervillain’s return — seemed almost imperative. At the time that Smallville‘s final season was announced, series star/exec producer Tom Welling expressed that he would “definitely” like to have Rosenbaum back, saying, “With Clark propelled into being Superman, how do you do it without a Lex Luthor? That just doesn’t make sense to me.”
Indeed.
Rosenbaum last appeared on Smallville in May 2008, for the Season 7 finale. Prior to his encore as Lex, he next can be seen in a recurring role on the Fox comedy Breaking In, which premieres April 6.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2011 04:27 AM
~JP~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

SERIOUSLY? None of you have a comment on this?

Old Post Feb 13th, 2011 05:26 PM
~JP~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Pict
Defender Of The Faith

Re: Get Freaking Ready For A 2hour Series Finale And..........

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ~JP~
The return of Rosenbaum as Lex. eek!

From TVLine

Cannot wait to see Lex back!

However that also means the end of Smallville sad

Hot sig by Scottie

Old Post Feb 14th, 2011 01:46 AM
The Pict is currently offline Click here to Send The Pict a Private Message Find more posts by The Pict Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

Well I know but Im glad they are going to go out with a bang. Wouldnt have been the same without the real Lex.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2011 07:04 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Lex AND Darkseid?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2011 11:53 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ringtones
Restricted

Account Restricted

lex rocks

Old Post Mar 4th, 2011 08:09 PM
ringtones is currently offline Click here to Send ringtones a Private Message Find more posts by ringtones Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StephenJondrew

I have to say that the show wasn't the same without him. He was such a good character and it sucks they lost him. I'm super excited to see him back.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2011 02:35 PM
StephenJondrew is currently offline Click here to Send StephenJondrew a Private Message Find more posts by StephenJondrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barron-Ghidorah
Probably in bed

God i can't wait for this.

They have a Lex Luthor promo, with clips of him from the season finale. I don't know if i'm allowed to post it but just search Lex promo on YouTube if you haven't seen it.

Old Post May 2nd, 2011 06:52 AM
Barron-Ghidorah is currently offline Click here to Send Barron-Ghidorah a Private Message Find more posts by Barron-Ghidorah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

Pics from the finale eek!

(please log in to view the image)
[/spoiler]

Old Post May 5th, 2011 05:39 PM
~JP~
yeah baby

Old Post May 5th, 2011 05:40 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Seems like we're not going to see Darkseid actually manifest without a host... Unless they have something big planned on that account...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 5th, 2011 08:33 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

Im still trying to figure out just how it is that Johnathan Kent is at the wedding? blink

Old Post May 5th, 2011 10:01 PM
FistOfThe North

2hrs!

holy smackaroos! holy smakarinos!

and clark's to marry lois finally. they're such a mismatch. they're the complete opposites of each other. but that's the way the story goes.

i'll be there front and center..in front of my tv to watch it all unfold and hopefully see clark in a superman outfit sometime during the last half minute of the the show.

and jonathan's there in spirit. 2+2=4

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post May 8th, 2011 05:08 AM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

BEST ENDING EVER!

Old Post May 14th, 2011 02:03 AM
ThorinWoofer
Static Stance

Omg Smallville was AWESOME!!!

Please Respond To My PM Barker

Old Post May 14th, 2011 02:16 AM
ThorinWoofer is currently offline Click here to Send ThorinWoofer a Private Message Find more posts by ThorinWoofer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

This was a pretty awesome ending!!!!!!

Old Post May 14th, 2011 02:24 AM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barron-Ghidorah
Probably in bed

God i've been watching it for 10 years now and i can't believe its over. I'm really depressed right now lol

Amazing series finale.

Old Post May 14th, 2011 05:03 AM
Barron-Ghidorah is currently offline Click here to Send Barron-Ghidorah a Private Message Find more posts by Barron-Ghidorah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

And so it ends...

All in all, while I enjoyed it, I found it somewhat disappointing. I thought that story elements were more kind of thrown together than really woven; I thought some of the writing/dialogue was a bit cliche or hokey; and given the great threat Darkseid was supposed to be, I felt we got the short end of the stick (visually) in how Clark dealt with him and Apokolyps.

And while I understood the reason for not really, fully ever showing Clark in his Roth suit close up, it would've been nice, once.

Plus, while it began to hit me that Welling really bears a good, solid resemblance to Superman (now that he's in his 30s and not his 20s like Roth)...I'm sorry to say, I never thought he was all that great of an actor, especially in his voice. It just never sounded Supermanish.

I did think Durance did a good job though: best eyes-welling-with-tears since Kreuk. And Rosenbaum...one of the best Lex's ever, IMO.

And my prediction (posted in a thread somewhere during the Doomsday season) regarding the last shot we'd see of Clark was fulfilled: him running toward the camera, pulling open his shirt to reveal, well, you know.

Overall, though at times the series was formulaic and soap-opera-ish, very often the writing/plot and characterization were very good. "Smallville" is going to be a tough act to follow for the next Superman series (and you know there will be one eventually).

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post May 14th, 2011 11:33 AM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Originally posted by TheMagicPillow
God i've been watching it for 10 years now and i can't believe its over. I'm really depressed right now lol

Amazing series finale.

sad

Thats how I feel about many of the shows I like when they end. This wasn't all that different. I can't believe its been 10 years... another thing to get depressed about lol.

Old Post May 14th, 2011 02:51 PM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsscls

Originally posted by Mindship
And so it ends...

All in all, while I enjoyed it, I found it somewhat disappointing. I thought that story elements were more kind of thrown together than really woven; I thought some of the writing/dialogue was a bit cliche or hokey; and given the great threat Darkseid was supposed to be, I felt we got the short end of the stick (visually) in how Clark dealt with him and Apokolyps.

And while I understood the reason for not really, fully ever showing Clark in his Roth suit close up, it would've been nice, once.

Plus, while it began to hit me that Welling really bears a good, solid resemblance to Superman (now that he's in his 30s and not his 20s like Roth)...I'm sorry to say, I never thought he was all that great of an actor, especially in his voice. It just never sounded Supermanish.

I did think Durance did a good job though: best eyes-welling-with-tears since Kreuk. And Rosenbaum...one of the best Lex's ever, IMO.

And my prediction (posted in a thread somewhere during the Doomsday season) regarding the last shot we'd see of Clark was fulfilled: him running toward the camera, pulling open his shirt to reveal, well, you know.

Overall, though at times the series was formulaic and soap-opera-ish, very often the writing/plot and characterization were very good. "Smallville" is going to be a tough act to follow for the next Superman series (and you know there will be one eventually).

Agree.
Also, did they reuse FX from the Singer Movie for the apokolips in space scene?

Old Post May 14th, 2011 04:21 PM
tsscls is currently offline Click here to Send tsscls a Private Message Find more posts by tsscls Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote