KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » JLA Adventures: Trapped in time

JLA Adventures: Trapped in time
Started by: JayDaDon

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BruhMan
World Champion

Worried JLA Adventures: Trapped in time

Uhh....what the hell? Just found out about this today for the first time. It released this year with zero buzz

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?...le&id=50459

Old Post Jan 27th, 2014 08:20 AM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ Ah it's just a kiddy's show. Sounds like something akin to Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon or the Superhero squad.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2014 12:14 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

People have been saying its very good. Much better than jla war.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2014 04:52 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I enjoyed this quite a bit. You have to keep in mind that it is geared for a younger audience, so the art, voices, and dialogue are going to suffer a bit as a result. That being said, it was still a FAR cry from purely infantile crap like The Superhero Squad and USM. Anywho, I watched it with an open mind(I didn't get fixated on the little BS), and all in all the character interactions/battle scenes were very well done(they did a good job showcasing Karate Kid's badassery), and the general plot was intriguing... Not to mention that I loved seeing Time Trapper used as one of the main antagonists.

Was it my favorite DCAU film? No. Things like Wonder Woman, JL: Doom, and Under The Red Hood take the cake for me. However, it was still very enjoyable. Tbh, I probably did enjoy it more than War overall, which is saying something given that this film was released completely under the radar for the sole purpose of not overshadowing War.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Jan 27th, 2014 at 08:40 PM

Old Post Jan 27th, 2014 08:32 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ Oh right, sounds like it's worth watching then. I think Ultimate Spider-Man just put me off watching anything geared towards kids. But if this is nothing like that then I'll check it out.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2014 09:39 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Like I said: it's definitely geared moreso for kids/teens than adults, but it doesn't have the overly ridiculous cheese-factor that some of those kiddy cartoons have.

As long as you go into it with an open mind, realizing that it isn't going to have the same adult-themed overtones that most of DC's mainstream animated films have, you'll probably enjoy it.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2014 09:43 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Its worth it just for making Val punch out an iceberg.

(please log in to view the image)

That was ****ing awesome.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2014 04:26 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

thumb up

Old Post Jan 28th, 2014 04:34 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Just watched it. Not bad at all. A really solid piece. Nothing that I would rave about to ridiculous levels, but nothing to complain about either.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 29th, 2014 12:30 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote