KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Animations / CGI » Splinter

Splinter
Started by: Freaky Zeeky

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
k00L kiD
life is a dream

Warning Splinter

Who is he really?

Old Post Aug 8th, 2005 09:27 PM
k00L kiD is currently offline Click here to Send k00L kiD a Private Message Find more posts by k00L kiD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

in the movies he was a rat of a ninja master
in the old cartoons he was a ninja master that got mutated

and I dunno about the comics
but I take that I might have gone wrong with the movies or old cartoons too, it's been a long time

Old Post Aug 8th, 2005 11:13 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

I've heard him say both were true, but weren't true...

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Aug 8th, 2005 11:44 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mådness
Teenage Ninja Pirate

This is Splinter's original origin (from the first comic book)

Splinter was a simple pet rat to a ninja master by the name of Hamato Yoshi. He mimicked his master's movements from his cage. Yoshi was in love with a woman (fogot her name >< ). There was also another character - Oroku Saki (who would soon become the Shredder) was also in love with the woman, but she only loved Yoshi. Soon the two fled the their town and Japan, settling down for afew years in New York. Saki was plotting his revenge and managed to track the couple down. He killed the woman he once loved and then waited for Yoshi to come home. When he did, he was killed by Saki. In the process, Splinter's cage was knocked about and he was free and was somehow flung outside the window, that his life would never be the same again

And then comes in the part of the mutation and (of coarse) the Turtles big grin

Insanity triumps over sanity...Mådness over reality...

Old Post Aug 9th, 2005 02:55 AM
Mådness is currently offline Click here to Send Mådness a Private Message Find more posts by Mådness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

The origin plot of the movie is also the origin plot of the comics.

The 80's cartoon changed a few things. Instead of Splinter being a pet rat, he was actually Homato Yoshi.

Yoshi was a master of the foot clan, Shredder wanted it, so he framed Yoshi for murder. Disgraced, Yoshi flet to America, where he was poor and forced to live in the sewers. Around that same time, a kid dropped his pet turtles down the drain and Yoshi found them.

Then one day, the mutagen was also flushed into the sewers. The mutagen was different in the older cartoon. Instead of making things simply bigger, it mutated things according to whatever animal they had most recently been in contact with. The turtles, because they hung around Yoshi a lot, turned human. Yoshi turned into a rat because he had mostly been in contact with rats.

Shredder mutated Bebop and Rocksteady by getting a pair of punks and exposing them to a Warthog and a Rhino along with the mutagen.

I personally think this explanation was far better. Yoshi WAS Splinter. It made the fights way more interesting between Shredder and Splinter.

Originally Splinter was Yoshi's ninja kicking pet rat. I always thought that was stupid. I much prefer the way the old cartoon redesigned it and made it a bit more more morbid and believable (sure the whole idea is far fetched, but at least the old cartoon stuck to its genetic alteration sci-fi feel as opposed to having a ninja kicking tiny rat in a cage which isn't believable even in sci-fi). It's part of the reason why I don't find the new series particularly exciting.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2005 12:57 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BENITO
Perfect Rolemodel 4 N00bs

quote: (post)
Originally posted by yerssot

but I take that I might have gone wrong with the movies or old cartoons too, it's been a long time

archie he was a master who got turned into a rat
Mirage and Image Pet Rat With a slaughtered family

Old Post Aug 9th, 2005 01:16 PM
BENITO is currently offline Click here to Send BENITO a Private Message Find more posts by BENITO Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

hey, close enough for not having seen them in years wink

Old Post Aug 9th, 2005 06:50 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
k00L kiD
life is a dream

Originally posted by yerssot

In the recent cartoon it's basically the same.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2005 10:13 PM
k00L kiD is currently offline Click here to Send k00L kiD a Private Message Find more posts by k00L kiD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Originally posted by Red Superfly
The origin plot of the movie is also the origin plot of the comics.

The 80's cartoon changed a few things. Instead of Splinter being a pet rat, he was actually Homato Yoshi.

Yoshi was a master of the foot clan, Shredder wanted it, so he framed Yoshi for murder. Disgraced, Yoshi flet to America, where he was poor and forced to live in the sewers. Around that same time, a kid dropped his pet turtles down the drain and Yoshi found them.

Then one day, the mutagen was also flushed into the sewers. The mutagen was different in the older cartoon. Instead of making things simply bigger, it mutated things according to whatever animal they had most recently been in contact with. The turtles, because they hung around Yoshi a lot, turned human. Yoshi turned into a rat because he had mostly been in contact with rats.

Shredder mutated Bebop and Rocksteady by getting a pair of punks and exposing them to a Warthog and a Rhino along with the mutagen.

I personally think this explanation was far better. Yoshi WAS Splinter. It made the fights way more interesting between Shredder and Splinter.

Originally Splinter was Yoshi's ninja kicking pet rat. I always thought that was stupid. I much prefer the way the old cartoon redesigned it and made it a bit more more morbid and believable (sure the whole idea is far fetched, but at least the old cartoon stuck to its genetic alteration sci-fi feel as opposed to having a ninja kicking tiny rat in a cage which isn't believable even in sci-fi). It's part of the reason why I don't find the new series particularly exciting.

Its been both, both true but not true, wierd as it is.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Aug 9th, 2005 11:36 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DenKi

i would LOVE to see the firt episode again or even ever it was of how it all happened

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 05:56 PM
DenKi is currently offline Click here to Send DenKi a Private Message Find more posts by DenKi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
k00L kiD
life is a dream

Me too

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 09:42 PM
Starpower

He's my fave secondary character along with Casey.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2011 06:14 PM
Starpower is currently offline Click here to Send Starpower a Private Message Find more posts by Starpower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
moggo09
Restricted

Account Restricted

i don't know also

lose man boobs

Old Post Aug 26th, 2011 11:25 AM
moggo09 is currently offline Click here to Send moggo09 a Private Message Find more posts by moggo09 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vrempire

I really sad watching Splinter being tortured by Shredder in the first Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. The movie is really awesome to me during that time smile

Old Post Oct 12th, 2011 06:07 PM
vrempire is currently offline Click here to Send vrempire a Private Message Find more posts by vrempire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote