KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » Starship Troopers Remake

Starship Troopers Remake
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Starship Troopers Remake

quote:
Vulture has the news, saying that Thor and X-Men: First Class screenwriters Ashley Edward Miller and Zack Stentz have come on board to write the script. The duo also worked on episodes of "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles" and "Fringe."

http://www.superherohype.com/news/a...ke-in-the-works

So ummmmm is Hollywood gonna remake all of Paul Verhoevans movies??

Last edited by Kazenji on Dec 3rd, 2011 at 01:39 AM

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2011 01:26 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

From what my friend tells me, the original source material for Starship Troopers is quite a bit different from the movie, and quite good. I actually kind of enjoy the film.. it's fun and satirical, but I think Paul Verhoven in general is mediocre at best. So hopefully this will be more of a re-envisioning rather than a remake of Verhoven's film.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2011 03:08 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
From what my friend tells me, the original source material for Starship Troopers is quite a bit different from the movie, and quite good. I actually kind of enjoy the film.. it's fun and satirical, but I think Paul Verhoven in general is mediocre at best. So hopefully this will be more of a re-envisioning rather than a remake of Verhoven's film.

Also i remember reading Paul started reading the book and then gave up

i enjoyed the movie he made even if its "loosly" based on it from what i hear.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2011 03:18 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

No one can remake the yumminess of Denise Richards.

NO ONE!!!

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2011 04:43 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

The book's tone is different. It makes a sincere case for fascism as a stable government!

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2011 03:23 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

I'm okay with a re-imagining remake, but if they try for the same kind of movie as the '97 film, it will blow by default. No one can replace Casper Van Dien.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2011 09:36 PM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

I enjoyed the 97 version, the only thing i found totally stupid were the asteroids with the bug stuff in it, flying ALL the way across the galaxy to hit earth. the bugs must be a very good shot and the asteroids must be traveling at a hell of a rate. that was just stupid.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2011 11:15 PM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

What I found unbelievable was that Brenda Strong's character came back to life as someone else.

Last edited by Lord Lucien on Dec 8th, 2011 at 12:55 AM

Old Post Dec 8th, 2011 12:53 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
What I found unbelievable was that Brenda Strong's character came back to life as someone else.

??

Old Post Dec 8th, 2011 01:10 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

In the second movie.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2011 08:09 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Well you know plenty of people have established the sequels are terrible.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2011 08:11 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Blasphemy. The second movie is better than the first because there are more titties. The third movie is better still because there's a not-so-subtle overtone of religious commentary. With titties.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2011 10:51 AM
roughrider
Thunderer

We can't forget the first film was a major box office disappointment in 1997 - no matter how much better it's reputation has gotten over time - and the sequels all went direct to DVD. No surprise they want to try again as a franchise. Too bad much of it's tech was borrowed & used by James Cameron for Avatar.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Dec 8th, 2011 04:11 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ThorinWoofer
Static Stance

I remember NPH was in that movie, and he stuck a big metal dildo in that bugs vag.

Please Respond To My PM Barker

Old Post Dec 8th, 2011 07:18 PM
ThorinWoofer is currently offline Click here to Send ThorinWoofer a Private Message Find more posts by ThorinWoofer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Originally posted by Thoren
I remember NPH was in that movie, and he stuck a big metal dildo in that bugs vag.

Symbolic of "fu#king over the enemy," I'm sure. Actually, I guess at that point it's literal.. heh.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2011 09:54 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by roughrider
We can't forget the first film was a major box office disappointment in 1997 -

Does'nt mean it was a bad movie.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2011 05:35 AM
Lord Shadow Z

Originally posted by Thoren

Not to mention casually incapacitating a soldier bug with a rifle for a home audience. He also played a serious weirdo in L&O Criminal Intent and was very convincing too.

I don't honestly think you can beat or improve what the first movie did, it was large scale in terms of the story, but told in a very compact and satisfying way. It had a cast with great chemistry and didn't pull its punches which is what you'd expect with Verhoeven. Its just a shame he never got to expand on the characters with proper backing like the first, because the ending certainly alluded to more possible adventures.

I'm not familiar with the second film that was made but the third was completely awful; I tried to give it time but it was too much torture.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2011 07:15 PM
Lord Shadow Z is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Shadow Z a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Shadow Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

The Third Movie loved to execute people for some reason.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2011 08:00 PM
darthmaul1

The 2nd movie was directed by Phil tippet, the puppet maker on star wars. Just goes to show if you are a fx person it does not mean you will be a good director just like the brothers Strauss (avp requiem and skyline)

Old Post Dec 10th, 2011 07:24 PM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Originally posted by darthmaul1
The 2nd movie was directed by Phil tippet, the puppet maker on star wars. Just goes to show if you are a fx person it does not mean you will be a good director just like the brothers Strauss (avp requiem and skyline)

Oddly enough I actually kind of liked the 2nd film. It was unoriginal, yes, but I thought it was entertaining. But yeah, the brothers Strauss, they suck beyond belief.. they really should not be allowed to direct.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2011 09:03 PM