KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » Hunter Prey

Hunter Prey
Started by: Patient_Leech

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Hunter Prey

Has anybody seen this? I just watched it. It's view-instantly on Netflix. It's a pretty neat, extremely low budget sci-fi film ($425,000 estimated). It almost has a made-for-the-Sci-fi-Channel feel to it, but it's a little smarter than that and is pretty well done. I'm not gonna post a trailer for it, cuz I think it's better not knowing a damn thing going into it. The trailer definitely reveals too much. DON'T WATCH THE TRAILER BEFORE THE MOVIE!! My only problem with it was that there didn't seem to be a very resolved conclusion. Seemed like it ended abruptly in the middle of a scene, which makes me wonder if there is another film planned... I would love to see this continued (which might require a bit more of a budget)...

Anyway, just check it out if you're into Sci-fi. I'd be interested to hear what other people think.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2011 03:49 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

The same guys who did this made a short film on YouTube based on Batman Vs Predator Vs....

If you haven't seen it, it's worth looking up.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2011 02:16 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I checked out the Batman: Dead End short film. Pretty well done also. Hell of a lot better than the Alien Vs. Predator movies. But I still think all this VS. crap is pretty stupid.

Uh, so do you know if there is another Hunter Prey movie planned? (Shit, if I was a studio, I'd give 'em some money to continue the story..)

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2011 08:03 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

I watched it late one night; it almost fell asleep a few times. It was a terribly boring film, nothing really original about it either.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Sep 24th, 2011 12:21 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Well perhaps you wouldn't fall asleep during it if you didn't watch it late at night. ; ) I'm not claiming it's incredibly original, either. But I found it pretty fun in a simple sci-fi sort of way. It's well done, and the cinematography is quite nice.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2011 04:24 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Nice little interview with the director...

quote:
Here

Sandy Collora: Hunter Prey is my attempt to bring back the aesthetic of the science fiction movies of the 70s and early 80s that inspired me to become a filmmaker. I think most modern genre films have lost a lot of the handmade, organic qualities that made them so gritty and realistic. It's very much a straightforward, old school, science fiction story that's told without any over the top, CG effects, shaky camera work, flashy editing or explosions. It has no hook or gimmick. It simply is what is -- a story about two beings on different sides of a conflict, that provides an opportunity for a unique perspective by using science fiction as a guise for presenting the views on politics, religion, and war that each of these characters have. In the end, they both realize that they have more in common than either of them had initially thought.

I really like this movie and would love to see it continued. : (

Old Post Dec 13th, 2011 04:00 AM