KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Daniel Day-Lewis Will Be Steven Spielberg's Abraham Lincoln

Daniel Day-Lewis Will Be Steven Spielberg's Abraham Lincoln
Started by: FistOfThe North

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
FistOfThe North

Daniel Day-Lewis Will Be Steven Spielberg's Abraham Lincoln

Day-Lewis is going to play Lincoln.

For what seems like forever, director Steven Spielberg has talked about wanting to do a biopic on Abraham Lincoln from a script by "Angels in America" playwright Tony Kushner.

http://blog.movies.yahoo.com/blog/1...abraham-lincoln

An excellent choice. 2 time best actor oscar winner. this role may win him his 3rd.

can't wait for the film.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Nov 21st, 2010 07:27 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Shadow Z

It will probably go some way to restore his reputation a bit after the Electric Six "Gay Bar" music video. That was bad...

Old Post Nov 21st, 2010 07:31 PM
Lord Shadow Z is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Shadow Z a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Shadow Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Day-Lewis is a damn good actor, so this could very well be good

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Nov 21st, 2010 08:08 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lord Shadow Z
It will probably go some way to restore his reputation a bit after the Electric Six "Gay Bar" music video. That was bad...

who's reputation...,Lincolns? laughing out loud

Old Post Nov 21st, 2010 10:12 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
siriuswriter

For me, he'd be making up is "why the hell did you take this role???" mistake of "Nine."

Day-Lewis is a good actor, but he's an especially good actor when he gets to stretch his character actor chops. I hope that everything works together perfectly.

Ah yes, Angels in America writer, so we've got the script and lead down. Obviously, Spielberg has "Schindler's List," "Saving Private Ryan," and "Munich" under his belt. I wonder if he can direct peace time as well as he could ultimate drama history.

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2010 01:19 AM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

I wanted Day-Lewis to be Sinestro. Great actor. Good pick for Ab.

http://flashyourstache.files.wordpr...l-day-lewis.jpg

Last edited by Squirrel Fart on Nov 22nd, 2010 at 04:35 PM

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2010 04:32 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Liam Neeson was forever connected with this project, before he finally dropped out. I didn't anyone could be a better Lincoln than him...
But Daniel Day-Lewis is one of the few who could be. This should be great.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2010 04:49 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Besides America, will the rest of the world really be interested?

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2010 04:40 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

That's a good question, one that I don't really know the answer too. I'm assuming that the rest of the world would have as much of an interest in it as the United States had in Munich.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2010 04:43 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

anything thing america does is interesting to the world. besides most of the greatest movies are made here, of course. and that's been true since the beginning of filmmaking.

besides, isn't daniel day english, which is a bit odd for that role, but he's a good actor, which matters more. so he'll capture alot of overseas appeal.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2010 04:45 AM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Shadow Z

Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
who's reputation...,Lincolns? laughing out loud

Yes! big grin

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2010 07:14 PM
Lord Shadow Z is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Shadow Z a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Shadow Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Why in the blue f*ck would anyone want to watch a film about Abraham Lincoln?

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2010 09:37 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
T.M
Welcome to The Suck

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2010 10:58 PM
T.M is currently offline Click here to Send T.M a Private Message Find more posts by T.M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Originally posted by Impediment
Why in the blue f*ck would anyone want to watch a film about Abraham Lincoln?

The same could be said about Bush.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2010 12:38 AM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Originally posted by FistOfThe North
anything thing america does is interesting to the world. besides most of the greatest movies are made here, of course. and that's been true since the beginning of filmmaking.

3 words.

Big Momma's House

Old Post Nov 24th, 2010 02:08 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

Originally posted by Esau Cairn
3 words.

Big Momma's House

1 word.

most.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Nov 24th, 2010 03:13 PM
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by Esau Cairn
Besides America, will the rest of the world really be interested?

Yes

Old Post Nov 26th, 2010 09:11 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Day-Lewis is a damn good actor, so this could very well be good

agreed.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2010 05:59 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by FistOfThe North

besides, isn't daniel day english, which is a bit odd for that role, but he's a good actor, which matters more. so he'll capture alot of overseas appeal.

Liam Neeson was forver connected with the project, and he's Irish.
Doesn't make any difference, as long as they can do the role.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Nov 27th, 2010 07:25 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Daniel Day-Lewis is one of those actors that I could watch pick his nose. He's amazing. Some images...

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/52273

Old Post Dec 15th, 2011 05:28 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote