KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Marvel's Newest Event - Fear Itself

Marvel's Newest Event - Fear Itself
Started by: Rage.Of.Olympus

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (17): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rage.Of.Olympus

Marvel's Newest Event - Fear Itself

So this event (Seven Issues) is being written by Fraction and drawn by Immonen.

Fear Itself press conference:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4nIDfHA1Y4

Breevort and Alonso talk about the event:
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?...le&id=29994

Some info about the event (All the Fear Teaser Posters included at the bottom):
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?...le&id=29984

Fraction's youtube video about the event:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBhfmylPlJ4

Fraction's blog about the event:
http://wordballoon.blogspot.com/

So [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Thor and Captain America will play a major role in this event. The main baddy is the Asgardian God of fear. Long ago, Odin cast him out, killed his followers, and destroyed his temples. Red Skrull's bastard of a daughter finds and sets him free I guess in modern marvel. So now the God of Fear wants Odin's throne.

I'm interested in where this goes. Hopefully [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Asgard isn't destroyed, again and Odin, Thor etc. kick ass.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: The God of fear: http://www.comicbookresources.com/p...;pid=1292962498

Last edited by Rage.Of.Olympus on Dec 22nd, 2010 at 07:16 AM

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2010 07:09 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

Lame.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2010 08:41 AM
Martian_mind is currently offline Click here to Send Martian_mind a Private Message Find more posts by Martian_mind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

So my thread gets locked and this one stays open erm

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2010 11:32 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2010 11:44 AM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black bolt z
Mindsets Master

Marvel can just stop with the events.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2010 02:08 PM
Black bolt z is currently offline Click here to Send Black bolt z a Private Message Find more posts by Black bolt z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Warlord
Yes, I am...

no!
events are nice and promote creativity.

stick out tongue

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2010 02:33 PM
Warlord is currently offline Click here to Send Warlord a Private Message Find more posts by Warlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Wow, this could sound better. Hopefully the Fantastic Four will have a nice run next year

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2010 05:19 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Colossus-Big C
Restricted

Account Restricted

how would he do against phobos?

I have returned

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2010 11:56 PM
Colossus-Big C is currently offline Click here to Send Colossus-Big C a Private Message Find more posts by Colossus-Big C Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Marvel is just spamming Cosmic events now. It's getting sad.

Uninspiring villains are uninspiring.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2010 12:14 AM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trackz

Marvel hasn't had a real event since siege, I'm looking forward to this. Apparently it's going to be a springboard for Dracula, I have no idea what he has to do with the God of Fear though.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2010 12:32 AM
Trackz is currently offline Click here to Send Trackz a Private Message Find more posts by Trackz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Trackz
Marvel hasn't had a real event since siege, I'm looking forward to this. Apparently it's going to be a springboard for Dracula, I have no idea what he has to do with the God of Fear though.

Didn't Marvel swear that Dracula had been killed off for good a few years ago?

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2010 12:46 AM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trackz

Originally posted by Omega Vision
Dunno...apparently not since he was killed then resurrected then killed then resurrected again in the past year. He's in the main teaser for the event, I posted it in the other thread.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2010 12:50 AM
Trackz is currently offline Click here to Send Trackz a Private Message Find more posts by Trackz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

I think I might be the only person on the planet who isn't a fan of Fraction's work. None of this looks appealing. The last couple of years have really steered me away from Marvel and towards DC which, as a Marvel zombie, is painful to admit.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2010 11:53 PM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cartesian Doubt
Cognito il Sum

Originally posted by willRules
I think I might be the only person on the planet who isn't a fan of Fraction's work. None of this looks appealing. The last couple of years have really steered me away from Marvel and towards DC which, as a Marvel zombie, is painful to admit.

IMO - they're both aweful at the moment. Long since gone are the mid naughties, when there were 5 - 6 runs from each company that were great.

When Infinite Crisis strated and Bendis was writing the "new avengers" for the first time, there were a lot of great books around. Now there is virtually nothing that keeps my attention. The only things that I get slightly excited about these days is Morisson on Batman, and Hickman on FF4. The rest is just ... well ... meh. sad

Old Post Dec 25th, 2010 10:43 PM
Cartesian Doubt is currently offline Click here to Send Cartesian Doubt a Private Message Find more posts by Cartesian Doubt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Originally posted by Cartesian Doubt
IMO - they're both aweful at the moment. Long since gone are the mid naughties, when there were 5 - 6 runs from each company that were great.

When Infinite Crisis strated and Bendis was writing the "new avengers" for the first time, there were a lot of great books around. Now there is virtually nothing that keeps my attention. The only things that I get slightly excited about these days is Morisson on Batman, and Hickman on FF4. The rest is just ... well ... meh. sad

Did you come back from the alternate universe with Olivia or something because the mid 90s was when comics were collectively so bad (particularly at Marvel) that they almost destroyed to comic industry.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Dec 26th, 2010 12:41 AM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black bolt z
Mindsets Master

Originally posted by Omega Vision
So was bucky and Jason todd.

My dad looked it up and the only comic character that has been in like more then 20 comics that has stayed dead forever is uncle ben...

Old Post Dec 26th, 2010 02:17 AM
Black bolt z is currently offline Click here to Send Black bolt z a Private Message Find more posts by Black bolt z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by willRules

-raises hand- right there with you after what that **** did with x-men. i don't even read their books anymore, as they'd only make me mad.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Dec 26th, 2010 03:50 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Same thing with his work on The Punisher good thing Rick Remender came along to work on the 616 Punisher.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2010 07:15 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

I used to love Bendis but post-Siege, not so much.

I could never see the hype behind Fraction's Iron-man, despite winning an Eisner. I didn't like his X-men stuff (although the Messiah trilogy was fun but a lot of that wasn't Fraction anyway!) Plus he was always off putting in every interview I've seen. He acts like such a douche.

This is the first time for a long time where I simply don't have the enthusiasm for a Marvel event. I hope I'm wrong and it turns out to be awesome. At least Stuart Immomen's art is great.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2010 11:36 AM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

I found this thread looking for some other thread so I'll add my comment here:

This event will feature Red Skull and that makes it cooler by default.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Jan 16th, 2011 03:38 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote