KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Animations / CGI » Young Justice

Young Justice
Started by: Nephthys

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (15): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Young Justice

Because I think there should be a thread for this in the actual Animations forum.

And since today marked the start of season 2, it seemed right to start it now if ever.

Thoughts on the new season so far?

Old Post Apr 28th, 2012 11:48 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

It was okay. Same problem I had with the later Justice League though: Too many heroes.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2012 12:26 AM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Re: Young Justice

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nephthys
Because I think there should be a thread for this in the actual Animations forum.

And since today marked the start of season 2, it seemed right to start it now if ever.

Thoughts on the new season so far?

Haven't watched the last episode (season 2), but I've been in love with the series since the start. It's been such a great journey and they ended season 1 (admittedly only just last week - for the English speaking countries at least) with a bang. Can't wait to see this episode.

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Apr 29th, 2012 12:45 AM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by TheAuraAngel
It was okay. Same problem I had with the later Justice League though: Too many heroes.

We'll see who the core characters are now but from the looks of it I'll probably agree. There were too many at the end of the last season imo, and theres more now. But its still a great show imo. And JLU was an amazing show despite the huge cast. If they can balance all the characters like that one did its A-OK in my books.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2012 03:39 AM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

haven't watched the season 2 premier yet, but i will completely disagree with the premise that there were too many heroes in the JLU toon; that show was amazing. They integrated the cast in fine fashion and it was very well balanced. Dunno what the problem is unless you just didn't like or care about some of the secondary characters.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2012 03:53 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

I didn't bother watching it lol.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2012 04:34 AM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

You didn't watch JLU? Damn you missed out. Its far superior to the regular JL cartoon by a country mile. Its not even a competition.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2012 04:43 AM
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

I didn't bother watching it lol.
impressive feat, talking out of your ass.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2012 04:51 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

If you have a shit ton of heroes, what's the point? The villains can't feasibly handle every single person. It just kills all the tension for me. Good guys don't lose of course but if you have a ton of heroes, the idea of the villains winning comes off as more laughable than anything.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2012 05:10 AM
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

no expression

you read naruto and bleach, yet this is your logic? both of those series have large rosters of good guys... who are challenged by large rosters of bad guys; why do you find the setup more believable in manga than in the western cartoons?

Old Post Apr 29th, 2012 05:31 AM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

It is a problem in Bleach. But you underestimate how much I like Rukia. I watched the early Justice League but it was mostly for the action. I didn't like anyone in that show lol.

In Naruto, the threat is more complex than a random supervillain. Granted, having never watched JLU, I can't say they never faced any complex threat. I don't know if they did. But the boring characters didn't make me want to stick around and see...well more boring characters.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2012 05:45 AM
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

oh ok, so it's pretty much that you simply aren't into the characters. fair enough.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2012 05:54 AM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

That and I like letting good things die. Comics don't know how to die.

Neither does Bleach but eh, Rukia. :T

Old Post Apr 29th, 2012 06:05 AM
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

(please log in to view the image)

Whoa! Had no idea they were doing a timeskip. I don't mind (in fact, i like) the new additions, but the timeskip is shocking; I thought it would eventually happen, but no this soon. I'm going to miss Grayson and Wally's chemistry.

Last edited by marwash22 on Apr 29th, 2012 at 09:13 AM

Old Post Apr 29th, 2012 09:09 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

It is a problem in Bleach. But you underestimate how much I like Rukia. I watched the early Justice League but it was mostly for the action. I didn't like anyone in that show lol.

In Naruto, the threat is more complex than a random supervillain. Granted, having never watched JLU, I can't say they never faced any complex threat. I don't know if they did. But the boring characters didn't make me want to stick around and see...well more boring characters.

They face a complex threat. Its not something they can just punch away or beat through force of numbers.

And there are great characters in JLU. The Question is a certified BAMF.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2012 01:45 PM
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Originally posted by marwash22
(please log in to view the image)

Whoa! Had no idea they were doing a timeskip. I don't mind (in fact, i like) the new additions, but the timeskip is shocking; I thought it would eventually happen, but no this soon. I'm going to miss Grayson and Wally's chemistry.

I didn't expect it at all either. I'm torn between my initial like for the concept (seeing Nightwing and Blue Beetle was awesome) and my unanswered questions - where are Aqualad, Flash, and Artemis? Did Red Arrow ever find his "father" Speedy?

I guess it just means I'll be even more hooked.

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Apr 29th, 2012 02:31 PM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Big O
The Original O

So who's the new lineup?

In the mean time, I never DID see that anime where I unintentionally got my name from. Is it any good

Old Post Apr 29th, 2012 11:27 PM
The Big O is currently offline Click here to Send The Big O a Private Message Find more posts by The Big O Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Zatanna and Rocket have officially joined the Justice League.

Young Justice is the team who didn't join the JL yet. Comprises of - Nightwing(Dick Grayson), Robin(Tim Drake), Lagoon Boy, Miss Martian, Wonder Girl, Batgirl, Blue Beetle, Beast Boy, Bumblebee, Superboy and Mal Duncan as mission control.

Kid Flash, Aqualad and Red Arrow are unaccounted for so far, but will more than likely be revealed a few episodes in.

Also, M'Gann is now in a relationship with Lagoon Boy instead of Conner, and he still seems pretty pissed about it.

Last edited by KingD19 on Apr 29th, 2012 at 11:48 PM

Old Post Apr 29th, 2012 11:43 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

That we know about :

B01-Nightwing
B04-Superboy
B05-Miss Martian
B12-Robin (Tim Drake)
B17-Bumblebee
B19-Beast Boy
B22-Blue Beetle
Mal Duncan (Herald)
Wonder Girl
Batgirl
Lagoon Boy
Wolf

And currently, Kid Flash, Aqualad, Artemis and Red Arrow's whereabouts are unknown, though Red Arrow is likely still searching for Speedy and Aqualad can be seen here on some merchandising.

Also There a video game called Young Justice: Legacy coming out that will explain what happened in the timeskip. It has the tagline of "One will rise. One will fall. One will die." What this means is up for speculation.

My bet: [SPOILER - highlight to read]: From the look of Aqualads armor he might join Black Mantra (his father) and become a villian, making Robin have to take charge of the team. Either Wally or Artemis will die.

Edit: Beaten like a filthy whore..... ;_;

Old Post Apr 29th, 2012 11:46 PM
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

EDIT:

...beaten by two filthy whores.

Connor will probably (most definitely) end up with Cassie.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2012 11:47 PM