KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Communications » News & Questions » Computer Help Forum » Firefox Google problems

Firefox Google problems
Started by: Omega Vision

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Firefox Google problems

Right so...not sure if there isn't a better forum for this (and if there is, I apologize) but I have some problems with Firefox that I can't find any cures for. They are as followed:

Google images no longer works, it just fails to load and gives a Timed Out message. I'm forced to either use Chrome (which I hate) or German or New Zealand Google.

Same case for instant search and cache which no longer appear.

I think it might be a virus but Norton and Malwarebytes turn up nothing when I scan my computer.

Anyone know of anything like this?

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2012 11:41 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Colossus-Big C
Restricted

Account Restricted

use Internet Explorer

I have returned

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2012 11:44 PM
Colossus-Big C is currently offline Click here to Send Colossus-Big C a Private Message Find more posts by Colossus-Big C Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
use Internet Explorer

When I try opening Internet Explorer it crashes because there are more toolbars than whitespace on the home page.

IE is for people who haven't discovered better browsers.

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2012 11:47 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Omega Vision
When I try opening Internet Explorer it crashes because there are more toolbars than whitespace on the home page.

Have you uninstalled, rebooted and then re-installed FireFox? Besure to make a copy-file of your shortcuts.

If you think it's a virus, D/L and install Avast, it's free and it's (imo) the best anti-virus, much smaller resource-footprint than Norton and it's free. Sometimes where one AV fails to detect, another finds.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2012 11:53 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Right so...not sure if there isn't a better forum for this (and if there is, I apologize) but I have some problems with Firefox that I can't find any cures for. They are as followed:

Google images no longer works, it just fails to load and gives a Timed Out message. I'm forced to either use Chrome (which I hate) or German or New Zealand Google.

Same case for instant search and cache which no longer appear.

I think it might be a virus but Norton and Malwarebytes turn up nothing when I scan my computer.

Anyone know of anything like this?

Stop hating Chrome and use that.

Firefox is for people that haven't discovered Chrome yet.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2012 11:55 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

It's 2012, if you're not using Chrome I pity you.

please respond to my PM Thorin

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2012 12:19 AM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ThorinWoofer
Static Stance

I no punk *****!

Please Respond To My PM Barker

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2012 12:52 AM
ThorinWoofer is currently offline Click here to Send ThorinWoofer a Private Message Find more posts by ThorinWoofer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Or who know how to use it properly.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2012 02:24 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Bardock42
Firefox is for people that haven't discovered Chrome yet.

Or people that like the granularity of control Firefox offers, the familiarity that Firefox offers, the number of add-ons Firefox has, or the stability perks Firefox has over the competition (in our web-design class, Firefox was more compatible with the scripting we did than either Chrome of IE. However, Chrome was a close second).

Of course, things will change. I remember the month that a script blocker was finally released for Chrome: I craved it like no other, mang. I still use Chrome for just about everything.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2012 03:09 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

I still use Firefox because I'm 80 years old and in my day, Firefox was all you needed. None of this fancy schmancy "Chrome" hullabaloo.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2012 04:22 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by dadudemon
Or people that like the granularity of control Firefox offers, the familiarity that Firefox offers, the number of add-ons Firefox has, or the stability perks Firefox has over the competition (in our web-design class, Firefox was more compatible with the scripting we did than either Chrome of IE. However, Chrome was a close second).

Of course, things will change. I remember the month that a script blocker was finally released for Chrome: I craved it like no other, mang. I still use Chrome for just about everything.

lol, no. Use Chrome

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2012 02:38 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Colossus-Big C
Restricted

Account Restricted

there is a way to disable all of those toolbars.

I have returned

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2012 04:48 PM
Colossus-Big C is currently offline Click here to Send Colossus-Big C a Private Message Find more posts by Colossus-Big C Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

You know we have a computer help forum, yeah?

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2012 08:36 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision

Originally posted by Digi

I do now.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2012 08:50 PM
Colossus-Big C
Restricted

Account Restricted

Make me mod there, Now.

I have returned

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2012 10:41 PM
Bardock42

Originally posted by Digi

To be fair, it would sit there for days...and maybe then Barker and Thoren would have an off-topic date there for a couple pages.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2012 10:41 PM
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Chrome is quicker, Firefox is more customizable. I use both.

Then again, most people with a website does.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2012 01:25 PM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by Astner
Chrome is quicker, Firefox is more customizable. I use both.

Then again, most people with a website does.

What sort of website do you have?

Old Post Mar 4th, 2012 11:28 PM
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
I still use Firefox because I'm 80 years old and in my day, Firefox was all you needed. None of this fancy schmancy "Chrome" hullabaloo.

lol thumb up

Sorry about the browser probs. I'm a Firefox user myself. I like it and dont see any reason to use anything else. My whole computer is acting whacky lately, though. Probably virus related also (watch too much pron). Gotta get my bro to help me figure out what's up soon..

Old Post Mar 5th, 2012 04:45 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tofayel

I am using Firefox, here is problem with me and everything is fine. I think problem is your computer.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2012 04:43 PM
tofayel is currently offline Click here to Send tofayel a Private Message Find more posts by tofayel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote