KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » So what's so bad about The Punisher?

So what's so bad about The Punisher?
Started by: cdtm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm

So what's so bad about The Punisher?

On principle, people refuse to support murdering.

Why? What's wrong with murdering, say, Hitler met using a time machine?

The way I see it, the world is divided into two types of people:

Ethical/moral and psychopaths.

The first group follows the rules. The second breaks every rule they can get away with.

And so you end up with a situation where leg breakers and mobsters are living in your town hurting people, while common citizens who hate them yet don't support violence won't get involved.

What's so good about that? The psychopaths do whatever they want and no one will stand up to them, and this is a GOOD thing?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2021 03:00 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Going back in time to kill Hitler could have some very damaging repercussions, without Germany and Japan spending their money to develop better tech in the wake of WW2, we wouldn't have a lot of the things we have today. Also, nobody would know who the fvck Audie Murphy was.

Is this you laying the groundwork to be able to justify the shooting spree you're going to go on? Sounds like it a bit.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Nov 16th, 2021 03:50 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

quote: (post)
Originally posted by samhain
Going back in time to kill Hitler could have some very damaging repercussions, without Germany and Japan spending their money to develop better tech in the wake of WW2, we wouldn't have a lot of the things we have today. Also, nobody would know who the fvck Audie Murphy was.

Is this you laying the groundwork to be able to justify the shooting spree you're going to go on? Sounds like it a bit.

If the shooting spree only targeted mobsters, would you condemn it?

I don't want to live in a world of psychopaths and pacifists. I want a world where if the Italian Mafia sets up shop and police can't legally touch them, the common people form a posse and drive them out of town.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2021 04:18 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Re: So what's so bad about The Punisher?

Originally posted by cdtm
The way I see it, the world is divided into two types of people:

Ethical/moral and psychopaths.

I think I know which group you fall into.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2021 04:43 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Originally posted by cdtm
If the shooting spree only targeted mobsters, would you condemn it?

I don't want to live in a world of psychopaths and pacifists. I want a world where if the Italian Mafia sets up shop and police can't legally touch them, the common people form a posse and drive them out of town.

Don't be surprised if that posse, or mob as they are also known, then go on to take the place of the very people they drove out of town.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2021 04:43 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Don't be surprised if that posse, or mob as they are also known, then go on to take the place of the very people they drove out of town.

Could happen, yet.

That would be a lateral movement arguably, and not worse.

Do nothing and Al Capone wins. Do something, and maybe you end Al Capone, maybe you take his place.

Still beats just letting the bad people do what they want.

For the record I've seen how it is when things go right. Springfield Vermont had a problem with Crips moving in to peddle drugs, because they reasoned small town police would be ill equipped to deal with them. So a buddy of mine and his friends got involved and worked with law enforcement, set up security camera networks in local homes, and effectively made it impossible for them to do their business in the shadows.

And forming a posse with guns was on the table if all else failed.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2021 04:47 PM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

To answer your question though, no, I wouldn't necessarily condemn the killing of mobsters in and of itself but we have things like bystanders and mobsters have children who don't deserve to be in the firing line or to see their parents head blown off by some Travis Bickle wannabe.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2021 04:48 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

To answer your question though, no, I wouldn't necessarily condemn the killing of mobsters in and of itself but we have things like bystanders and mobsters have children who don't deserve to be in the firing line or to see their parents head blown off by some Travis Bickle wannabe.

These Rightist and their revenge fantasies. It's very odd.

eg like the ones here who are constantly praying for a second Civil War so they can shoot their fellow Americans who have different beliefs.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Nov 16th, 2021 05:14 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

One day they''ll be the next De Niro.

Last Edited by Blakemore on Jan 1st, 2000, at 00:00 AM

Old Post Nov 16th, 2021 05:19 PM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote