KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » DVD Talk » Most Rare DVDs

Most Rare DVDs
Started by: chomperx9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
chomperx9
Restricted

Account Restricted

Most Rare DVDs

post here the most Rare and valuable DVDs and blu rays to find.

I remember before the x-men animated series volume sets came out the phoenix saga dvd and afew others released in 03 went for like 100 bucks on ebay at one point.

they arent valuable anymore since the volume sets have released finally but they are still rare.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2010 10:24 PM
chomperx9 is currently offline Click here to Send chomperx9 a Private Message Find more posts by chomperx9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Not one who really follows rare films to own. But the Avatar steelbook edition blu ray I got a few months back went out of print the next day... so the day I pre ordered it I got it for around £19, the most I've seen it going for now is £160...

Old Post Oct 19th, 2010 06:06 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
T.M
Welcome to The Suck

Really?

Huh might sell mine now then stick out tongue

I don't know much about rare DVDs either, I have heard that there is a version of Salo that is very rare though.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2010 06:35 PM
T.M is currently offline Click here to Send T.M a Private Message Find more posts by T.M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chomperx9
Restricted

Account Restricted

not just rare but valuable as well

Old Post Oct 20th, 2010 03:18 AM
chomperx9 is currently offline Click here to Send chomperx9 a Private Message Find more posts by chomperx9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
knight
AFL1-3603

Derek & Clive - Get The Horn: DVD

Mike Oldfield - Art In Heaven Concert - The Millenium Bell - Live In Berlin: DVD

Old Post Oct 24th, 2010 09:29 AM
knight is currently offline Click here to Send knight a Private Message Find more posts by knight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

Movies are something that can't keep their worth because it's so easy for companies to just put out another copy. I remember when the Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie DVD was worth top dollars. Then the remastered DVD came out. Sure enough, the value of that DVD went straight down.

I have some Steelbooks that may be considered "rare":
Appleseed and Appleseed: Ex Machina
Grindhouse: Death Proof and Grindhouse: Planet Terror
Hancock
I Am Legend
Iron Man
Iron Man 2 (Blu-ray metal case)
RoboCop
Star Wars: The Clone Wars (movie)
Watchmen: Tales of the Black Freighter

I would have mentioned Spawn: The Animated Series and The Texas Chain Saw Massacre, but I think those Steelbooks are still being made. I've never seen them on the shelf in a standard jewel case.

And speaking of Watchmen, I think The Complete Story is out of print now, so my Blu-ray of it might be considered "rare."

There are many editions of the Evil Dead trilogy out there. I have the Book of the Dead editions of the first two and the Boomstick Edition of Army of Darkness. I think all three of those are long out of print.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2011 06:32 PM
Wolfie is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

I Am Legend isn't rare, that's still avaliable to buy on steelbook in quite a few countries. Cheap as well.

The things to buy are steelbooks for when they go out of print, special edition packages/boxes basically and normal DVDs that will very unlikely get a new release later in the future.

Last edited by MildPossession on Mar 16th, 2011 at 07:01 PM

Old Post Mar 16th, 2011 06:59 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Can't say I'm all that bothered about rare dvds or even special or limited editions unless it's a film I really liked.

Only 1 I've got that most people wouldn't is the Inception triple play briefcase edition.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Mar 17th, 2011 11:43 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

^ I've got that, wonderful thing. French edition had the better case though but was very expensive.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2011 04:45 PM
T.M
Welcome to The Suck

I have that Inception briefcase edition too.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2011 05:46 PM
T.M is currently offline Click here to Send T.M a Private Message Find more posts by T.M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Quite a lot bought it. You can still buy it most places, but higher price now, Amazon have it in the £40+ price range new.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2011 05:54 PM
T.M
Welcome to The Suck

You're right I just looked its £47.99 on Amazon, That's about £20 more than what I paid.

Is the Alien Anthology with the egg statue still available? I remember it being 'limited edition' when I bought it. If it is still available, that has probably gone up in price a bit too.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2011 06:29 PM
Rhovanion
Queen of Pentacles

I have the National Treasure Presidential Edition (5-Disc set). I think it's pretty hard to find these days, but I don't know if it's particularly sought-after. I got it for around £20-£30 back in 2008 but I've seen it go for around £75 since then.

(please log in to view the image)

It's made out to look exactly like the President's Book in the second film so it's really neat.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2011 04:10 PM
Rhovanion is currently offline Click here to Send Rhovanion a Private Message Find more posts by Rhovanion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

^ You can still get that National Treasure pack from countries like Australia. But at the prices you mentioned, £74 where I spotted it.

quote:
is the Alien Anthology with the egg statue still available? I remember it being 'limited edition' when I bought it. If it is still available, that has probably gone up in price a bit too.

It's out of print now in Britain I believe, people are selling it for £100-300 most places.

But you can get it from France still. But the price and postage will bring it up high.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2011 04:20 PM
chomperx9
Restricted

Account Restricted

The speed racer signature series goes for major bucks

Old Post Apr 8th, 2011 04:32 PM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by MildPossession
^ I've got that, wonderful thing. French edition had the better case though but was very expensive.

I didn't like the look of the metal tag with the red writing on the Fnac edition...Although the corrugated front plate looked better.

I really hate the discjunkie guy's review of it too...Does he ever shut up about scratches?

Contents were definitely better in the French edition though

Last edited by jaden101 on Apr 10th, 2011 at 01:00 AM

Old Post Apr 10th, 2011 12:57 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

One that I never really understood the desire to have was the Matrix "ultimate edition" with the model of the Nebuchadnezzar....It looks like a giant woodlouse...Horrible design and not exactly the focal point of the film so why bother?

Old Post Apr 10th, 2011 01:09 AM
wicker_man
V.2

I have a few DVDs that are signed (Chemical Wedding, Ghostbusters, The Pusher, Nightmare on Elm Street, Dog Soliders, Ultimate Force, Wallace and Gromit)...so they're pretty valuable to me.

That's NUMBERWANG!!!

Old Post May 1st, 2011 07:49 PM
wicker_man is currently offline Click here to Send wicker_man a Private Message Find more posts by wicker_man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
christina099

nice movie

Old Post Jun 27th, 2011 11:51 AM
christina099 is currently offline Click here to Send christina099 a Private Message Find more posts by christina099 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chomperx9
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ghost Rider HD DVD and Fatastic Four 1&2 on HD dvd are rare

Old Post Jun 29th, 2011 11:49 PM