KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » Where to start watching Doctor Who?

Where to start watching Doctor Who?
Started by: VG_Addict

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
VG_Addict

Where to start watching Doctor Who?

I want to start watching Doctor Who. What would be a good series to watch for someone new to the series?

Old Post Jul 9th, 2014 01:56 PM
VG_Addict is currently offline Click here to Send VG_Addict a Private Message Find more posts by VG_Addict Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
siriuswriter

I think you should start where "New Who" started. It's series 1, or series 34, depending on how you look at it. I started with New Who and then once I understood the premise I went back to the very first series from 1963, and was able to understand a lot more of the references and nuances.

If you start with New Who, you want Christopher Eccleston as Doctor #9 and Billie Piper as Rose, the companion. The first episode is called "Rose."

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2014 05:54 AM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
trexalfa
Acta est Fabula

quote: (post)
Originally posted by siriuswriter
I think you should start where "New Who" started. It's series 1, or series 34, depending on how you look at it. I started with New Who and then once I understood the premise I went back to the very first series from 1963, and was able to understand a lot more of the references and nuances.

If you start with New Who, you want Christopher Eccleston as Doctor #9 and Billie Piper as Rose, the companion. The first episode is called "Rose."

Seconded.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2014 03:33 PM
trexalfa is currently offline Click here to Send trexalfa a Private Message Find more posts by trexalfa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

I would start with David Tennant. Personal opinion, of course, but he is the one I started with and he is still my favourite.

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2014 08:24 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aquitaine

Maybe it is best to start with the first revived series and watch that up to current before backtracking for newbies.
I always say - at the beginning. Unearthly Child, Daleks, Edge of Destruction, etc through to the movie.
But thats because I watched all those prior to the revival, being a fan all those years, and its served me well to have that back story knowledge.
I watched Tennant's run with a bunch of WHO fans together at a University screening and I was the ONLY ONE to yell out during 'Gridlock' "hey, the Macra, brilliant". I had a few dozen sets of eyes look and shoulders shrug.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2014 07:43 AM
Aquitaine is currently offline Click here to Send Aquitaine a Private Message Find more posts by Aquitaine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MVC-Solos

Why would you watch Doctor Who?
It's such a shitty show.

"I jerk off to comic books"

Old Post Sep 10th, 2015 04:55 PM
MVC-Solos is currently offline Click here to Send MVC-Solos a Private Message Find more posts by MVC-Solos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theronmad
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's a pity that the thread about my favorite TV series and the universe is so old. Are there still doctor fans here?

Old Post Sep 28th, 2021 05:25 PM
theronmad is currently offline Click here to Send theronmad a Private Message Find more posts by theronmad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote