KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » Gimli vs Bruenor Battlehammer

Gimli vs Bruenor Battlehammer
Started by: Dum Dum Dugan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dum Dum Dugan

Gimli vs Bruenor Battlehammer

Which dwarf is the strongest?

which is the fastest?

which has the better feats?

which would win, if they met upon the battle field?

Old Post Nov 6th, 2011 04:47 AM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
colossulrage

im not to familiar with bruenor havent played the game to much but id have to go with gimili(book version) he was pretty badass. unlike the movie version where he was straight comic relief

Old Post Nov 14th, 2011 06:25 AM
colossulrage is currently offline Click here to Send colossulrage a Private Message Find more posts by colossulrage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flameback
Pathology

I like Gimli but Bruenor wins this one. My favorite feat is in "Streams Of Silver" when Bruenor jumps onto the back of a black dragon and rides it all the way to bottom of the mines, killing it as it goes. EPIC!!

"I ain't no fraggin' hero. I'm th' main man. I booze.
I womanize. I swear. An' I beat th' living crap outta
anybody I fraggin' feel like."
- Lobo

Old Post Nov 29th, 2011 04:53 PM
Flameback is currently offline Click here to Send Flameback a Private Message Find more posts by Flameback Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pwned
That guy

Read Gauntlgrim. It saddens me to say it, but a 1v1 fight against a pit fiend leaves me saying one thing: Bruenor wins this.

Of course, it IS only due to his magical equipment. If it was all mundane stuff, I would say Gimli wins.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2011 01:17 AM
Pwned is currently offline Click here to Send Pwned a Private Message Find more posts by Pwned Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

Bruenor isn't just aided by a good amount of magical items, he's also incredibly durable and has an iron will which allows him to tank melee damage to an extent almost superhuman. While Gimli is fantastic at hewing orcs (being able to keep pace with Legolas) and is described as a great warrior, Bruenor simply has too many instances of incredible ingenuity mixed with ridiculous fortitude and determination.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2011 07:09 PM
Stealth Moose is currently offline Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Pwned
Read Gauntlgrim. It saddens me to say it, but a 1v1 fight against a pit fiend leaves me saying one thing: Bruenor wins this.

Of course, it IS only due to his magical equipment. If it was all mundane stuff, I would say Gimli wins.

Bruenor did not really have magical equipment of any real value until that final book and it was like that last 50 pages.

Why would gimli win with mundane equiptment? Do you recall some of bruenors feats?

Old Post Jan 21st, 2012 11:53 PM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
Bruenor isn't just aided by a good amount of magical items, he's also incredibly durable and has an iron will which allows him to tank melee damage to an extent almost superhuman. While Gimli is fantastic at hewing orcs (being able to keep pace with Legolas) and is described as a great warrior, Bruenor simply has too many instances of incredible ingenuity mixed with ridiculous fortitude and determination.

I feel Bruenor is one of RA most underrated characters.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2012 11:54 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

From what I recall of the Icewind Dale books and such, Bruenor.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2012 09:06 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote