KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » How long has anyone been a Batman fan?

How long has anyone been a Batman fan?
Started by: HarryCanyon

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
HarryCanyon

How long has anyone been a Batman fan?

For me since i was 8 when Batman 1989 came out in theaters and saw it 5 times and had merchandise, ate the cereal, watched the 60's show on TV and had the VHS film with NES game for christmas that year plus read the comics, i became a fan in an instant.

I even saw Batman Returns when i was 11 4 times in theaters, had merchandise, ate the cereal, had the Mcdonalds cups and watched the animated show religiously on fox ever near prime time

Old Post Jan 9th, 2012 06:32 PM
HarryCanyon is currently offline Click here to Send HarryCanyon a Private Message Find more posts by HarryCanyon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bat Dude
In God I Trust

I've been a fan since I was 2 years old. That was 17 years ago.

As a child I had tons of Batman action figures, owned all the live action movies on VHS, watched the animated series every day it was on, and dressed up in my Batman costume.

Even as a teenager I was still a Batman fan. I saw all of Nolan's movies in theaters (saw TDK on it's premiere) read the trade paperbacks like Year One, Long Halloween, etc. and played a lot of the older video games (Batman Returns and BTAS on SNES, Batman on Genesis, Batman Begins on PS2, etc.)

Now I find myself re-watching the Burton movies and the animated series (plus MotP and even Sub Zero), writing my own backstories for the characters and making Batman micro-heroes as concept art. I also love the music from Burton's films and the animated series. I listen to those quite a bit.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2012 07:16 PM
Bat Dude is currently offline Click here to Send Bat Dude a Private Message Find more posts by Bat Dude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Shadow Z

Probably after seeing 89' and then Returns and Forever (can't remember age). I then got into the comics afterwards reading some graphic novels from the library before starting my collection mostly at University. I found loads of individual Batman titles in Middlesbrough at this small comic book shop and kept going back every now and again.

I got about 29 individual comics down there, although there are gaps in places (especially having The Mud Pack 1,2 & 4, but not 3!) since I haven't been back since graduation. I got lucky in finding the comic adaptions of 89' and Returns, which look very weird as the movies don't translate well back down to comic form.

I collect figurines where I can find them, and keep a collection of Batman images from tv magazines and newspapers and just keep on going with it. I do occasionally get new graphic novels in but I am more of a fan of the older style Batman comics than the modern versions because they look almost too graphically polished and styled.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2012 07:35 PM
Lord Shadow Z is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Shadow Z a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Shadow Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Shadow Z

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bat Dude
I've been a fan since I was 2 years old. That was 17 years ago.

(Batman Returns and BTAS on SNES, Batman on Genesis, Batman Begins on PS2, etc.)

I got, in terms of games:

Batman Returns (SNES)
Batman Forever (SNES)
Lego Batman (PS2)

I don't usually play the SNES games much but I seriously enjoyed Lego Batman. I might wipe my game to start it again because I might have completed it too soon.

If I ever get a A3 scanner though I might post up the strangest Batman oddity I found in my comic collection, a schematic of arkham asylum. I could scan both halves and try to 'connect' it if anyone's interested.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2012 07:48 PM
Lord Shadow Z is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Shadow Z a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Shadow Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Was a fan at least since 89 as a 5 year old. Can't remember if I was into Batman/had Batman merchandise before that.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2012 10:16 PM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

As far back as I could watch a Television or read a comic.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2012 04:40 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
siriuswriter

I can't remember not being a Batman fan. My mom loves Batman, so we would always watch the movies when they came on TV. I can't even count how many times I've seen the Tim Burton Jack Nicholson as The Joker Batman movie. I've even partaken of the George Clooney Nipple Batman with Alicia Silverstone as Batgirl with Chris O'Donnell as Robin.

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2012 08:16 PM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crimsonphoenix
Officially Unofficial

Been i fan since the second movie came out. Then i checked out the comic books. Got hooked even more. I still read the comics online when they come out and i have started a small collection of Batman merchandise. So i guess ive been a fan now for atleast 18yrs.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2012 03:10 PM
crimsonphoenix is currently offline Click here to Send crimsonphoenix a Private Message Find more posts by crimsonphoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Since I was....5? Maybe younger. I used to dress as batman as well, I would watch the Burton movies when I could as well as the animated series. Now I play the Arkham games so much, I love them. Batman year one is one of my favorite movies. TLH is one of my favorite comic book series of all time. Batman is in my top list...cross between him and spidey at no.1 to be honest.

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Jan 20th, 2012 02:29 AM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Mid 80s, iirc. Adam West, then of course the Keaton movie later on (which I still remember seeing at the cinema).

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2012 11:30 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rudester
Tommy

since it came out but then again I remember watching the classic show with my dad, it was entertaining and gave me something to do while I ate.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2012 03:16 PM
rudester is currently offline Click here to Send rudester a Private Message Find more posts by rudester Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

been a fan since i was 4

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jan 28th, 2012 12:51 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

10/11 yrs old when i started watching Batman: TAS. My first comicbook was at 13 and it was actually an issue of Birds of Prey.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2012 03:27 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

quote: (post)
Originally posted by siriuswriter
I can't remember not being a Batman fan. My mom loves Batman, so we would always watch the movies when they came on TV. I can't even count how many times I've seen the Tim Burton Jack Nicholson as The Joker Batman movie. I've even partaken of the George Clooney Nipple Batman with Alicia Silverstone as Batgirl with Chris O'Donnell as Robin.

I loved the original Adam West series and read the comics that got releases at the local News stand. When Batman came out in 89 I dressed up as Batman (I was 9) My family was embarrassed and the locals thought I was weird but Screw Them I was Batman!
When the Animated Series came out my Mom and I watched it every Saturday. The eventual Schumaker films were terrible but the comics always remained awesome.
I'm a Marvel Zombie at heart though.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2012 02:54 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote