KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Sean Penn makes waves about the Falklands but won't give his house back to Mexico

Sean Penn makes waves about the Falklands but won't give his house back to Mexico
Started by: Omega Vision

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Sean Penn makes waves about the Falklands but won't give his house back to Mexico

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/video/...o?newsfeed=true

http://www.independent.ie/opinion/c...ns-3021219.html

All jokes aside, he really needs to stick to humanitarian causes and keep his nose out of geopolitical issues he knows nothing about.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2012 04:53 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Re: Sean Penn makes waves about the Falklands but won't give his house back to Mexico

Actors should probably just stick to acting and the odd fundraiser and such where all they have to do is wave/smile and make small talk.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Feb 16th, 2012 05:56 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Re: Re: Sean Penn makes waves about the Falklands but won't give his house back to Mexico

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
Actors should probably just stick to acting...

thumb up

Old Post Feb 16th, 2012 06:00 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Shadow Z

Re: Sean Penn makes waves about the Falklands but won't give his house back to Mexico

Originally posted by Omega Vision
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/video/...o?newsfeed=true

http://www.independent.ie/opinion/c...ns-3021219.html

All jokes aside, he really needs to stick to humanitarian causes and keep his nose out of geopolitical issues he knows nothing about.

Yeah, been reading this in the newspapers, he has a bit of a myopia issue concerning his own countries global affairs shall we say. This Falklands issue comes up every now and again by literally every Argentinian politician who wants to get in the hot seat.

Is there any fire and brimstone about Gibraltar too Mr Penn? Or has your Spanish tour not started yet?

Loved the Indepentent's article, great comeback!

Old Post Feb 16th, 2012 06:14 PM
Lord Shadow Z is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Shadow Z a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Shadow Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

He needs to shut the **** up. The Falklands are not and have never been Argentinian. geographical proximity does not make them so. So **** him and the Argie c**ts

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Feb 17th, 2012 01:15 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision

This is all about oil. Which is hilariously ironic considering Penn's whole criticism of the War in Iraq was that it was a naked grab for securing oil resources.

Why is Argentina's sudden interest in rekindling the conflict over the suspected oil reserves somehow less odious?

Edit: I don't get where some people get the idea that there's anything that needs to be negotiated. The islanders want to remain British...it's been British for about as long as Argentina has been a nation.

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Last edited by Omega Vision on Feb 17th, 2012 at 01:43 AM

Old Post Feb 17th, 2012 01:40 AM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Shadow Z

Originally posted by Omega Vision
This is all about oil. Which is hilariously ironic considering Penn's whole criticism of the War in Iraq was that it was a naked grab for securing oil resources.

Why is Argentina's sudden interest in rekindling the conflict over the suspected oil reserves somehow less odious?

Edit: I don't get where some people get the idea that there's anything that needs to be negotiated. The islanders want to remain British...it's been British for about as long as Argentina has been a nation.

Exactly, I wouldn't be surprised if there were Argentinians or any other nationalities living there peacefully among the Falklanders already. It's not like we have them fenced in and kept in chains or something.

Maybe Penn can get together with Mel Gibson (who already has 2 films fighting against our evil colonialist empire) and get something going.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2012 04:23 PM
Lord Shadow Z is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Shadow Z a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Shadow Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision

America should have Canada too. It's nothing less than myopic imperialist chauvinism for the British to still call Canada a commonwealth nation while all that gold, lumber, and oil shares a border with the United States.

There should be dialogue between nations so that the Canadians can choose their nationality so long as it's American in the end.

Back me up, ini.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2012 04:26 PM