KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » SWAT Team Invades Texas Family's Front Yard over Black Ops

SWAT Team Invades Texas Family's Front Yard over Black Ops
Started by: Nemesis X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

SWAT Team Invades Texas Family's Front Yard over Black Ops

http://www.screwattack.com/news/swa...-over-black-ops

quote:
Update: According to the official press release this type of incident has a moniker in some online communities of "Swatting". "Swatting occurs when a hacker obtains personal information on unsuspecting parties and places a bogus emergency call (via internet service or spoofed number) to solicit police or SWAT response".

A North Texas family was put in a rather uncomfortable situation as SWAT surrounded their house this past Monday, all because of a video game. This all happened like 15 minutes from the HQ by the way...

It appears that their son was playing a game of Call of Duty: Black Ops on the Xbox 360 and one user took the game too far. While in between multiplayer sessions, one user came onto the chat “out of nowhere and basically said he’s going to hack me, he’s going to get my information, call the SWAT team over to my front yard”. This sort of trash talk is all too common for online multiplayer, so the teen ignored the comment, but this wasn’t the usual trash talk. 20 minutes after the conversation, Lewisville received a call from an operator via the AT&T Instant Message Relay Service (a system designed to accommodate the hearing impaired). They received a message that a person at the teenager’s house was shot and someone was inside still shooting.

There were no signs of a shooting from the first response officers, but they would eventually surround the house. Captain Kevin Deaver began to call the family out, but as the mother went to open the door, his father pulled her back inside and hid the family in the bedroom. It was only after the mother herself called 911 and was connected with the police outside, that the family came out and revealed that there was nothing wrong. Police are now investigating the source of the message under the charges of it being a false report and are working on a subpoena to obtain more information.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2012 10:27 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Imagine the face on that kid lol

TGFwashere

Old Post Feb 15th, 2012 10:45 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

I think "pwned" to the greatest degree is in order, here.

He wins the "troll of the year" award. Glad no one died.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2012 11:50 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ADarksideJedi
Jackie Malfoy

Re: SWAT Team Invades Texas Family's Front Yard over Black Ops

quote: (post)

That is what happens when you play video games lol!

Morning Glory, ,DamienB(my busband),Spoonly,Tired hiker!a1hsauce,Coucil#13,Kongudude,Scottie,Syren
Killa420,miroku,sanctuary,mairuzu,
KILLA4,JacopexLethalfemme,LadyGrim,ashle,Mišt,oman
32,Scythe,DebbieJo,DeathReaperr,Britrogue,Neha,Joe
K,Mandos,Wild Cherry,Roland,Rogue Jedi,Jaehskywalker,Lord Kerrigor,ALostSoul,Running Mascara,Raventheonly,NewJak,,Captain Maynard,Sparkly,Dominic Gargone.
Majid86, Rudester.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2012 07:16 PM
ADarksideJedi is currently offline Click here to Send ADarksideJedi a Private Message Find more posts by ADarksideJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

I actually haermmed. Only in Texas.

please respond to my PM Thorin

Old Post Feb 16th, 2012 09:30 PM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ThorinWoofer
Static Stance

Please Respond To My PM Barker

Old Post Feb 17th, 2012 12:49 AM
ThorinWoofer is currently offline Click here to Send ThorinWoofer a Private Message Find more posts by ThorinWoofer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

That's what you get for playing Call of Duty...Especially shitty black ops.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2012 03:11 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Aww but I like Black Ops.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2012 03:15 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Black Ops is a step up from MW3.

On the other hand its a lot more boring than any of the Modern Warfare games, unfortunately..

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2012 04:08 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote