KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » Children of Men

Children of Men
Started by: SnakeEyes

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Children of Men

Looks like an interesting movie. wink

"Envisages a world one generation from now that has fallen into anarchy on the heels of an infertility defect in the population. The world’s youngest citizen has just died at 18, and humankind is facing the likelihood of its own extinction."

Trailer: http://www.apple.com/trailers/universal/childrenofmen/

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2006 07:41 PM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gshkris72
Hopeless romantic

i actually want to see this movie.. charlie hunnam is one of my fav actors.. and the plot isnt so bad either.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2006 04:24 PM
gshkris72 is currently offline Click here to Send gshkris72 a Private Message Find more posts by gshkris72 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

This is one of my all-time favorite movies. Extremely moving and profound. Hard to watch at times, though. It's intense.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2011 08:55 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sshukla05111

i love this movie

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2012 07:35 PM
sshukla05111 is currently offline Click here to Send sshukla05111 a Private Message Find more posts by sshukla05111 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
siriuswriter

one of the best of the dystopia brand. what leech said, but also has moments of extreme joy.

My favorite part by far is [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Just after the baby is born in the house that's being shot on, and they have to get the baby and it's mother out of the house. The baby starts to wail, and it's like the rest of the people, in the midst of their gore and fighting, stop everything as the baby passes and they hear it and "OHMYGOSH. It's a baby!" And even the military stop shooting on the rebels out of the shock that there may be an end... that there is now a baby and that baby stands for so many things, including the peace of this war to win all wars.

I absolutely love this movie. You have to be in a certain mood to watch it, though. Ready to see a gritty, real-life, no-holds-barred... killing, deportation, militarization... in all its gory glory.

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2012 09:36 PM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Yeah, that is definitely the climax of the movie for me as well, sirius. Truly profound. To me it is one of the cinematic highlights of all time, so obviously I think this movie is extremely underrated.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2012 09:45 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote