KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » MMA's vs MA'er

MMA's vs MA'er
Started by: Nietzschean

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nietzschean
Of The Dire Pride

MMA's vs MA'er

Ever since MMA became popular to white trash, morons and bullies. I have started to hear consistently how MA's are a joke and whatnot not realizing that MMA's was started by Martial arts people like Bruce Lee among several others.

It is designed to get rid of all the useless movements and flashiness of various styles.

But MMA fighters in sport ring events are also far from what original MMA's/MA's designed it for.

the sport version of MMA's is the same as the flashiness crap that people talk crap about when referencing MA tournament style fighting..

you guys think a real MMA's or MA'er is really going to hold back in a life and death fight and wear pads? no, he is most likely going to maim or kill you and regardless of your training or even size it comes down to who is more determine to win and what he is willing to do to you.

i love to see some overgrown steroid bully wannabe MMA's ring fighter with nothing but a handful of grappling moves he has bn taught and practice for a couple of years actually fight an MA'er who doesnt give a f**k and knows a hundred different ways to maim and kill you fight a Mix Martial Artist..

most modern MMA would sh** their pants if they had to fight an army invasion with their bear hands like Buddhist monks and various MA's warriors did for centuries in asia.

so who do you think in all honesty would win against these two?

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/image....jpg?1339291440

vs

(please log in to view the image)
big grin

Old Post Jun 13th, 2012 01:31 AM
Nietzschean is currently offline Click here to Send Nietzschean a Private Message Find more posts by Nietzschean Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gecko4lif

One guy has a sword

one guy has a gun.

We both know who wins.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2012 03:27 PM
Gecko4lif is currently offline Click here to Send Gecko4lif a Private Message Find more posts by Gecko4lif Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nietzschean
Of The Dire Pride

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
One guy has a sword

one guy has a gun.

We both know who wins.
but is the guy with a gun trained in gun kata? confused

Old Post Jun 13th, 2012 05:23 PM
Nietzschean is currently offline Click here to Send Nietzschean a Private Message Find more posts by Nietzschean Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

You kind of come off as a butthurt whiny little girl.

Just saying.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2012 09:15 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

^ You're not very nice huh? lol But seriously it all depends. just because you know several different ways to maim someone doesn't mean you can destroy UFC fighters. I'm pretty sure Brock Lesnar or Anderson Silva could handle some shaolin monks are hardcore thai fighters. Not saying they aren't above getting eye gouged or throat punched, but MMA fighters are top rated fighters for a reason. I believe that Bruce Lee and the like could hold their own in an actual life/death fight against MMA fighters, but I wouldn't give Bruce or someone like that a vast majority.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2012 06:36 AM
socool8520 is currently offline Click here to Send socool8520 a Private Message Find more posts by socool8520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Originally posted by NemeBro

Just saying.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2012 04:08 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Just saying.

Is this carry-over from another thread?

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jun 15th, 2012 04:17 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

^ Do these two have a history. lol

Old Post Jun 16th, 2012 02:15 AM
socool8520 is currently offline Click here to Send socool8520 a Private Message Find more posts by socool8520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by Robtard
Is this carry-over from another thread?
Not as far as I am aware.

I am just making a casual observation of his OP.

I am guessing that he is a high schooler who routinely gets beaten up by MMA fans after he hits himself in the nads with his own nunchucks.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2012 02:25 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bouboumaster

I think that MMA is better than MA. The main reason is the versatility.

For exemple: I'm a black belt in KyokushinKaï karate. I trained in this for about 10 years. It's a pretty rough type of karate; it's a "full contact" kind.
But there's two glaring weaknesses in the way we learn to fight:
1- We don't grip.
2- We don't punch directly in the face.
So, I trained for 10 years to punch the hell out of my opponent chess and kick him in the face, but I never had to learn how to protect myself from a punch in the face.
It's a pretty efficent karate, but a MMA dude would probably wreck me in 2 minutes.

Georges St-Pierre started in KyokushinKaï Karate, but to be at his level, he trained in boxe, Jiu-Jitsu, Wrestling, Kick Boxing and Muay Thaï. Be a pro at only one martial art isn't enough to cover all the weaknesses of the style.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2012 02:47 AM
Bouboumaster is currently offline Click here to Send Bouboumaster a Private Message Find more posts by Bouboumaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nietzschean
Of The Dire Pride

I am guessing that he is a high schooler who routinely gets beaten up by MMA fans after he hits himself in the nads with his own nunchucks.
I guess you havent bn here long enough to know me. cause you are way off.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2012 03:01 AM
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

I'm under the impression that most MMA fans are not any more trained then anyone else, me being one of them. Outside of some boxing lessons from my father (who wasn't a pro, just golden gloves) and schoolyard fights, I have no training. I do enjoy MMA and the martial arts in general. He went about the question a little biased but the topic was interesting imo. I have often wondered how a trained to kill/maim fighter would fair against an MMA fighter.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2012 03:19 AM
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

Originally posted by Bouboumaster
I think that MMA is better than MA. The main reason is the versatility.

For exemple: I'm a black belt in KyokushinKaï karate. I trained in this for about 10 years. It's a pretty rough type of karate; it's a "full contact" kind.
But there's two glaring weaknesses in the way we learn to fight:
1- We don't grip.
2- We don't punch directly in the face.
So, I trained for 10 years to punch the hell out of my opponent chess and kick him in the face, but I never had to learn how to protect myself from a punch in the face.
It's a pretty efficent karate, but a MMA dude would probably wreck me in 2 minutes.

Georges St-Pierre started in KyokushinKaï Karate, but to be at his level, he trained in boxe, Jiu-Jitsu, Wrestling, Kick Boxing and Muay Thaï. Be a pro at only one martial art isn't enough to cover all the weaknesses of the style.

I don't understand. Why would they not teach you a defense against one of the most common attacks such as a punch to the face? I am by no means calling your fighting style stupid or anything, I would just really like some insight on defensive techniques in your style.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2012 03:21 AM
Mindset

What about people who train mma and people who train multiple ma's?

There's a difference.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Jun 16th, 2012 03:47 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

Originally posted by Mindset
What about people who train mma and people who train multiple ma's?

There's a difference.

What? I don't quite see what you're getting at. If someone learns several fighting styles, is that not MMA? I thought that is what it stood for.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2012 03:54 AM
Mindset

There is a difference between training at an mma gym, and training at multiple gyms for arts separately.

The level of training will probably be different, although it is technically mma.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2012 04:01 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

There is a difference between training at an mma gym, and training at multiple gyms for arts separately.

The level of training will probably be different, although it is technically mma.

Are you talking about the techniques that will be learned from the traditional MA as opposed to tournament style techs? If so, then I can agree with that.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2012 04:05 AM
Mindset

I'm talking about the level of proficiency you will obtain from say, training at an mma gym as opposed to training boxing and bjj, or w/e arts they may be, separately at those respective gyms.

The boxing you learn at a boxing gym is better than the boxing you will learn from an mma gym, or bjj, mt, etc. from what I've personally seen.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2012 04:11 AM
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

I'm talking about the level of proficiency you will obtain from say, training at an mma gym as opposed to training boxing and bjj, or w/e arts they may be, separately at those respective gyms.

The boxing you learn at a boxing gym is better than the boxing you will learn from an mma gym, or bjj, mt, etc. from what I've personally seen.

Ohhhh....I see. I can see that. So, if say one were more interested in the striking oriented styles like Thai boxing/Boxing, you would recommend going to those specific oriented gyms? I may begin to pick this up as both a means of self defense, and conditioning program.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2012 04:17 AM
Mindset

I would, you can try out different gyms though.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2012 04:22 AM