KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Santorum is Out

Santorum is Out
Started by: Symmetric Chaos

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Santorum is Out

Technically he says that he is "suspending" his campaign due to his daughter's hospitalization but realistically this is the end for him.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2012 06:24 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Re: Santorum is Out

Damn it. I was hoping he'd win the nomination, as unlikely as that was to happen. The comedy was pure gold.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Apr 10th, 2012 06:26 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Re: Re: Santorum is Out

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
Damn it. I was hoping he'd win the nomination, as unlikely as that was to happen. The comedy was pure gold.

No worse then what we have now.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2012 06:29 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Could have been worse despite how insane it is now. He wanted his filthy paws on iran asap

TGFwashere

Old Post Apr 10th, 2012 06:30 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by Mairuzu
Could have been worse despite how insane it is now. He wanted his filthy paws on iran asap

Now Ron Paul should be next.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2012 07:04 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

we'll see

The idea is already widely spread.

TGFwashere

Old Post Apr 10th, 2012 07:16 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
red g jacks
Restricted

Account Restricted

why doesn't paul just launch an independent campaign already? does he seriously expect to win the GOP nomination? i doubt he'll even be alive for the next election cycle. it's do or die time paul.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2012 07:30 PM
red g jacks is currently offline Click here to Send red g jacks a Private Message Find more posts by red g jacks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

Originally posted by red g jacks
why doesn't paul just launch an independent campaign already? does he seriously expect to win the GOP nomination? i doubt he'll even be alive for the next election cycle. it's do or die time paul.

he gets way more attention as a GOP candidate than he would as a third party

don't google, honestly, can you name the leader of the American Green Party? the Libertarians?

Old Post Apr 10th, 2012 07:39 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
red g jacks
Restricted

Account Restricted

yea, of course you're right. but now that he has his fanbase can't he mount a better independent campaign than just about anyone else?i almost feel like he has a better shot as an independent than he does at winning the republican nomination. and he's one of the few fringe candidates who can draw in (confused) people from both the left and the right.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2012 07:45 PM
red g jacks is currently offline Click here to Send red g jacks a Private Message Find more posts by red g jacks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Being the underdog of the Republican race gets him attention and support. Being third party gets him ignored completely. It is a tragedy of America politics that third parties really have no chance.

A juvenal prank.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2012 07:48 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

yea, of course you're right. but now that he has his fanbase can't he mount a better independent campaign than just about anyone else?i almost feel like he has a better shot as an independent than he does at winning the republican nomination. and he's one of the few fringe candidates who can draw in (confused) people from both the left and the right.

true, he probably would do better than Nader or other third parties, but he still wont win, and at least now he gets some ability to present his message on a national scene.

also, running as an independent, he is far more likely to draw republicans and male independent (re: republican) voters over dems. The end result would probably be less votes for the GOP, and I'd suspect Paul would favor Romney to Obama.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2012 07:54 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
red g jacks
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Being the underdog of the Republican race gets him attention and support. Being third party gets him ignored completely. It is a tragedy of America politics that third parties really have no chance.
i've heard that so many times. the only thing i don't understand is why it's so impossible, at least in this case. he's already got the attention. he gets people riled up to vote for him then loses the nomination and doesn't appear on the ballot. why not just use the primaries as a launching pad for an independent ticket? i mean after all that time spent campaigning, why not just throw in?

Originally posted by inimalist
true, he probably would do better than Nader or other third parties, but he still wont win, and at least now he gets some ability to present his message on a national scene.

also, running as an independent, he is far more likely to draw republicans and male independent (re: republican) voters over dems. The end result would probably be less votes for the GOP, and I'd suspect Paul would favor Romney to Obama.
yea, that's probably what it comes down to.

Last edited by red g jacks on Apr 10th, 2012 at 08:11 PM

Old Post Apr 10th, 2012 08:05 PM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by inimalist
....also, running as an independent, he is far more likely to draw republicans and male independent (re: republican) voters over dems. The end result would probably be less votes for the GOP, and I'd suspect Paul would favor Romney to Obama.

thumb up

Old Post Apr 10th, 2012 08:10 PM
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

i've heard that so many times. the only thing i don't understand is why it's so impossible, at least in this case. he's already got the attention. he gets people riled up to vote for him then loses the nomination and doesn't appear on the ballot. why not just use the primaries as a launching pad for an independent ticket? i mean after all that time spent campaigning, why not just throw in?

Oh yes now that he has gained the attention from the primaries it might be a viable plan.

A juvenal prank.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2012 12:10 AM
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

I can't see Ron Paul getting more than 10% of the vote in a general election as a 3rd party candidate. And that's being optimistic.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2012 12:16 AM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

I'll point everyone to Ross Perot.

I do not need to say anything further.

Glad Rick stepped down. He was doing more harm than good. I think he has good intentions but he scares me a bit. Why should I fear what would happen if someone were elected president? I shouldn't. I should not have to fear the military actions a person might take in the white-house hot-set. If you fear this, based off of actual statements made and not gut feelings (though gut does have a place in all elections...another discussion), you should not support the person.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2012 01:52 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

You know...

It's quite ironic that Santorum is against contraception: so why did he pull out?

Old Post Apr 11th, 2012 02:21 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nspokes90

The comedy was pure gold.(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Apr 11th, 2012 08:47 AM
nspokes90 is currently offline Click here to Send nspokes90 a Private Message Find more posts by nspokes90 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lexington
Elysian Fields

Tongue

Originally posted by dadudemon
You know...

It's quite ironic that Santorum is against contraception: so why did he pull out?

Beat me to it! dadudemon!!!

Old Post Apr 12th, 2012 01:34 AM
Lexington is currently offline Click here to Send Lexington a Private Message Find more posts by Lexington Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
0mega Spawn
TheWarmestSun

Obama just letting these fools embarrass themselves LMAO

My Reality Is Your Imagination.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2012 01:46 AM
0mega Spawn is currently offline Click here to Send 0mega Spawn a Private Message Find more posts by 0mega Spawn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote