KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » Could a magic bullet, blow Superman head off?

Could a magic bullet, blow Superman head off?
Started by: Stoic

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Stoic
Avenger

Could a magic bullet, blow Superman head off?

I was just wondering. smile

Old Post Sep 12th, 2010 09:34 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

like JFK?

Old Post Sep 12th, 2010 08:42 PM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

It would injure him, but no, it wouldn't blow his head off.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Sep 12th, 2010 10:03 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ankur29
ankur

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -Pr-
It would injure him, but no, it wouldn't blow his head off.

if shot in the head he would survive?

Old Post Sep 12th, 2010 10:13 PM
ankur29 is currently offline Click here to Send ankur29 a Private Message Find more posts by ankur29 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Allankles
Kwisatz Haderach

A magic steel bullet will just injure him, no more than bruise him likely. His body is dense (at a subatomic level). His bio aura will be breached but that's it. If it's a magic adamantium bullet it will do a little more damage, potentially lethal only if it is fired with enough velocity to tear through that tough skull (you'd need a very powerful gun).

Iboga chose not to fight, to allow himself to evolve. He had the wisdom to abandon the actions of war when he knew they would no longer serve him.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2010 12:34 AM
Allankles is currently offline Click here to Send Allankles a Private Message Find more posts by Allankles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

It depends what kind of magic. If it's like Saint of Killer's bullets, enchanted to kill anything they hit, then yeah it could hill him (although if it doesn't have the always-hits clause, then he could just dodge it).

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Sep 13th, 2010 12:47 AM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by ankur29
if shot in the head he would survive?

most likely, yes.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 13th, 2010 05:41 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

He survives.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2010 05:40 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

the pheonix bullet should kill supes but nit really magic more like cosmic..

it depends what the enchantment on the bullet is...

Saint of killers sould be able to kill supes with his guns.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2010 04:06 AM
Dark Riddick is currently offline Click here to Send Dark Riddick a Private Message Find more posts by Dark Riddick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Hard to say; DC is always vague about how far a magic-enhanced weapon can get past his aura. He could possibly get a wound, but not fatal.
It may depend on the power of who or what is doing it. Someone else hacks at him with Wonder Woman's sword, he'll get a narrow cut. If Wonder Woman herself swings the sword, maybe she cuts him in two.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Oct 6th, 2010 08:15 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zeel

only way supes dies if its a adamantium bullet with a very powerful magical enchantment on it.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2010 08:47 PM
zeel is currently offline Click here to Send zeel a Private Message Find more posts by zeel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cartesian Doubt
Cognito il Sum

IMO no one is ever going to hit him with a bullet, so the question is meaningless.

If he just stood their for an experiments sake ... then yes he would probably die, and it might decapitate him depending on the size.

However this is never gonna happen.

"His body is dense (at a subatomic level)."

This is made up for the following :

1.)Nowhere, in any comic what so ever does it say he is dense at an "atomic level".

2.) No where does it say that magic only bypasses his Bio Aura invulnerability, but is stopped by his dense molecular density. I suspect you're subscribing your own theories of comic book science to the situation - and by the way your theories IMO don't really make any sense.

"If it's a magic adamantium bullet it will do a little more damage, potentially lethal only if it is fired with enough velocity to tear through that tough skull (you'd need a very powerful gun)"

Look you have no grounds what so ever to CLAIM with this much positivity what would happen with Adamantium. The only evidence we have to suggest that Superman is a lot more durable than Admantium is the non-cannon FF4 crossover, and I don't really think this a realistic account. I'm not entirely sure Superman would remain unscathed from a fired Admantium bullet - (I'm not saying it would kill him, but I think it would probably hurt him)There is no grounds/evidence to demonstrate that Superman could survive a Admantium + magic bullet.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2010 10:38 AM
Cartesian Doubt is currently offline Click here to Send Cartesian Doubt a Private Message Find more posts by Cartesian Doubt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

I'll note Power Girl was shot up badly with magic bullets from the Crimson Avenger once. They caused way more damage than normal bullets would've, but due to her dense tissue and bone they still weren't fatal.

quote:
Roughrider
It may depend on the power of who or what is doing it. Someone else hacks at him with Wonder Woman's sword, he'll get a narrow cut. If Wonder Woman herself swings the sword, maybe she cuts him in two.

It also depends on the enchantment probably- If a sword's enchantment is a generic "this sword is super awesome sword that'll never break and is full of magic mojo," then it'll do a bit better than a normal sword would but it won't be a particularly big threat if the person wielding it isn't really really strong. If it's "this sword is enchanted specifically to cut through anything," then it'll slice through him well and he'll have to be careful even against a lower strength foe with it.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2010 09:38 PM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Re: Could a magic bullet, blow Superman head off?

Originally posted by Stoic

Probably depends on how strong the magic is.

But I'd guess it depends on writer interpretation. On average, he has a better record vs magic then his pre crisis incarnations: He's been hurt/cut by a lot of things via magic post crisis, but it hasn't killed him yet. One example is when Superman was holding a magic book Silver Banshee needed, and it allowed this big man to cut into him with an axe, but it didn't hurt him mortally. Banshee's wail was also a magic scream, capable of killing anyone, but it failed to kill Superman. Then there's his battles with Blaze, a magic based hell lord, and even a word from The Spectre about how he's unable to transport Supes from WWII era to his own era, because of something within him that resists even his power.

If this was Pre Crisis Superman, he'd be dead though. More then once, he's been nearly killed from such magic.. (The Phantom Zone Saga has him being mortally cut down by a magic sytche, for example, and Skeletor had him dead to rights..)

Hell, Earth 2 Superman (The weaker "Golden Age" one) was unable to approach the Spear of Destiny for it's ability to make him Hitlers thrall, and the Spear only did that to magic based characters, meaning this Superman had a specific weakness to magic.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2010 01:33 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Re: Re: Could a magic bullet, blow Superman head off?

Isn't it pretty much canon that magic affects Superman in the same fashion it would a normal person?

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Oct 27th, 2010 06:56 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Robtard
Isn't it pretty much canon that magic affects Superman in the same fashion it would a normal person?

depends. his durability still comes in to it to a point.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Oct 27th, 2010 10:05 PM
thepersuader

Re: Could a magic bullet, blow Superman head off?

Originally posted by Stoic

This is a tad off topic but i wanted to know if the persuaders atomic axe is capable of cutting supermans head off. It it said to be able to cut through ANYTHING. Lets just say he catches superman off guard (i know thats impossible) and persuader hits him full strength in the neck with the atomic axe, what happens?

Old Post Mar 6th, 2012 04:15 AM
thepersuader is currently offline Click here to Send thepersuader a Private Message Find more posts by thepersuader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Vampire teeth punctured his flesh.
Though Kryptonians once effected in such a way create harsh solar light emanating from their bodies and kill the vampire before any real damage can be done.

I believe the Saint of all Killer's bullet will kill Supes. The only time it took time to kill its prey was when he shot the angel that resurrected him. And the angel still verbally spoke to him for around 10 secs before dying but I blame that on the Saint still emerging to full power. He did after all kill [SPOILER - highlight to read]: the Devil and God.

All points aside people a gullable if the think Supes can't have his head removed if things have torn his flesh in the past. Though I have an idea that if it did happen his head could very well just grow a new body.

Last edited by the ninjak on Mar 7th, 2012 at 05:21 PM

Old Post Mar 7th, 2012 05:16 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackZero30x
Jack

ninjak i read your post and I have a question.....

lets say a vampire had a spell placed on it so the sun wouldn't harm it and it turned superman....what would happen? I understand that some sun radiation sticks around at night but that wouldn't keep him powered indefinitely.......

or would him being solor powered allow him to go in the sun light?

BlackZero30X:The Signatures XBL Gamertag

Old Post Mar 10th, 2012 01:50 AM
BlackZero30x is currently offline Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Originally posted by BlackZero30x
ninjak i read your post and I have a question.....

lets say a vampire had a spell placed on it so the sun wouldn't harm it and it turned superman....what would happen? I understand that some sun radiation sticks around at night but that wouldn't keep him powered indefinitely.......

or would him being solor powered allow him to go in the sun light?

Superman created the beam of solar energy at night when it happened.
But if a Vamp was immune to sunlight then Supes becoming infected is still up in the air because of his HF.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2012 05:11 AM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote