KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Anime 'Versus' Forum » "Invincible Idiot" Jack Rakan vs. "Dark Evangel" Evangeline A.K. McDowell

"Invincible Idiot" Jack Rakan vs. "Dark Evangel" Evangeline A.K. McDowell
Started by: NemeBro

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
NemeBro

"Invincible Idiot" Jack Rakan vs. "Dark Evangel" Evangeline A.K. McDowell

I somehow suspect that this will at best come down to me vs. Q99 lol.

So after reading Negima, one question has pondered my mind: Who would win in a fight between Jack Rakan, the only man whose strength explicitly rivals the Thousand Master, Nagi Springfield, and Evangeline, the loli vampire witch. It seems obvious to me that, excluding Nagi and the Lifemaker, Jack Rakan and Evangeline are the strongest characters in the series.

IMO Jack Rakan has a strength, durability, and raw power advantage over Eva, but she in turn has greater speed, hax, and long range ability. I am supporting JAck.

OPINIONS!?

Old Post Mar 27th, 2012 09:16 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

I'm supporting Evangeline XD

In terms of raw magic output, she's pretty much unmatched, that spell she used against the Lifemaker's forces was uber, the biggest spell we saw anyone use in combat.

If she goes conventional-mage she'd be vulnerable to melee and Jack could get the majority, but she can use her ice transformation which makes her far less vulnerable to it, and as a high-daylight walker she is unkillable to even Al Rubia types.

It's a great fight of course, but she gets the majority.

One final thing, you know the fight at the end where she faced Negi and Asuna? Word of Akamatsu apparently is she still wasn't at peak. She wasn't under the curse restrictions, but she hadn't filled up with blood or anything, and it's not a full moon (which strengthens her), so her magic wasn't even at max!

Old Post Mar 27th, 2012 10:17 PM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Q99
I'm supporting Evangeline XD

I assumed as much.

quote:
In terms of raw magic output, she's pretty much unmatched, that spell she used against the Lifemaker's forces was uber, the biggest spell we saw anyone use in combat.

Actually by far the most destructive showing of power in the series is Nagi's attack on the Lifemaker, creating an explosion with apparently an 8-9 kilometer diameter. Jack Rakan fought that same Nagi to a standstill for 13 hours straight.

Do not forget that said spell she used was deliberately made to defeat foes like the Lifemaker's forces, and that it required a very long, even by this series' standards, incantation. While Eva showed that she is sufficiently powerful to drive away three of the Averruncus's while chanting, it is highly unlikely she can do the same to Rakan. Oh, and let us also not forget that Rakan was able to avoid it. stick out tongue

Rakan himself is no stranger to wreaking destruction either though.

http://www.mangareader.net/209-1506...hapter-230.html

This was done with a mere upward palm thrust. Notice that he then tanked the Thousand Thunderbolts (I can't really tell exactly how large that explosion is, but I have heard others scaled it to be about mountain level destruction), and continued fighting for much longer, us seeing cliffs being destroyed as a result of their scuffle.

And how will Eva respond to the awesomeness of the Eternal Negi Fever?

quote:
If she goes conventional-mage she'd be vulnerable to melee and Jack could get the majority, but she can use her ice transformation which makes her far less vulnerable to it, and as a high-daylight walker she is unkillable to even Al Rubia types.

Ah, it is true that Evangeline's version of Magia Erebea provides a powerful defense in hand to hand, but Negi himself was able to strike her without much worry, and Rakan is physically much more dominating than Negi, as seen when he laid out the Vrsko Nagasaya here:

http://www.mangareader.net/mahou-sensei-negima/333/6

The reason why this is relevant is because this creature is explicitly compared to Eva in terms of power level.

http://www.mangareader.net/209-1507...hapter-238.html

While he apparently drawed with it in the past, in the present he takes it down with one shot.

quote:
It's a great fight of course, but she gets the majority.

I agree, it would certainly be close, but I think Rakan's chances are slightly better.

quote:
One final thing, you know the fight at the end where she faced Negi and Asuna? Word of Akamatsu apparently is she still wasn't at peak. She wasn't under the curse restrictions, but she hadn't filled up with blood or anything, and it's not a full moon (which strengthens her), so her magic wasn't even at max!

That isn't surprising to me. Evangeline is around Rakan and Nagi's level after all, and Negi only stalemated Rakan due to Rakan frankly going pretty easy on him and Negi having a shitload of prep. The only character I can confidently say is more powerful is the Lifemaker. Though... I like to think that the reason the Lifemaker opted towards paralysing Rakan and Evangeline when he could, rather than just fighting them like he did the rest of Ala Rubra, was because he wasn't confident he could handle them both at the same time, and if they fought, the fight would have gone much differently. big grin

Old Post Mar 27th, 2012 10:53 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

quote:
Actually by far the most destructive showing of power in the series is Nagi's attack on the Lifemaker, creating an explosion with apparently an 8-9 kilometer diameter. Jack Rakan fought that same Nagi to a standstill for 13 hours straight.

True, but that was something new for Nagi- he'd never shown that level of power before and Rakan was sure he'd had lost against the Lifemaker, without any Code involved.

quote:

Do not forget that said spell she used was deliberately made to defeat foes like the Lifemaker's forces, and that it required a very long, even by this series' standards, incantation. While Eva showed that she is sufficiently powerful to drive away three of the Averruncus's while chanting, it is highly unlikely she can do the same to Rakan.

She needed to get a whole lot of high-power opponents at once, though. Eva doesn't need to do a spell that big for Jack.

Point is, the spell shows she has a *massive* amount of power and max output.

quote:
Ah, it is true that Evangeline's version of Magia Erebea provides a powerful defense in hand to hand, but Negi himself was able to strike her without much worry, and Rakan is physically much more dominating than Negi,

Negi's quicker and can get shots in better, though. Rakan's got power but Negi was scoring a lot more hits in their duel.

Since she can actually turn to ice, physical damage itself is reduced, and she's got the immortality thing going for her, if he did connect.

For her own melee skill, remember how unpowered she was able to handle Setsuna. So she's no slouch herself.

quote:

While he apparently drawed with it in the past, in the present he takes it down with one shot.

He knocks it down to buy time for Eva's spell, but there's no sign it's out of action rather than just knocked back.

quote:
Though... I like to think that the reason the Lifemaker opted towards paralysing Rakan and Evangeline when he could, rather than just fighting them like he did the rest of Ala Rubra, was because he wasn't confident he could handle them both at the same time, and if they fought, the fight would have gone much differently.

Yea, it wouldn't surprise me smile These two are *scary*, no matter how you slice it!

Old Post Mar 27th, 2012 11:30 PM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Rakan wins. :T

Old Post Mar 27th, 2012 11:42 PM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Q99
True, but that was something new for Nagi- he'd never shown that level of power before and Rakan was sure he'd had lost against the Lifemaker, without any Code involved.

To be fair, he lost his arms and the only reason Nagi wasn't as banged up was because Eishun shielded Nagi from the brunt of the blast.

Rakan has still shown undoubtedly the greatest durability in the series.

quote:
She needed to get a whole lot of high-power opponents at once, though. Eva doesn't need to do a spell that big for Jack.

Point is, the spell shows she has a *massive* amount of power and max output.

Ah, but so does Rakan, with even casual attacks.

http://www.mangareader.net/209-1503...hapter-201.html

Witness the power of the Eternal Negi Fever!

http://www.mangareader.net/209-1507...hapter-237.html

And of course the Rakan For the Hell of It Right Hand Punch. The first is a joke move, the second is him explicitly holding back.

Here is his full power:

http://www.mangareader.net/209-1507...hapter-241.html

An absolutely huge explosion with the throw of a spear he generated, that would have caused signifigant damage to the city below had the shields put in place in the arena not been there, and utterly pulverising the arena.

quote:
Negi's quicker and can get shots in better, though. Rakan's got power but Negi was scoring a lot more hits in their duel.

Ah, that's true, but you forget: Those hits were doing nothing.

http://www.mangareader.net/209-1508...hapter-247.html

After Negi breaks out his perpetual lightning form for the first time, Rakan tanks every single hit without a scratch, or any sign of damage.

quote:
Since she can actually turn to ice, physical damage itself is reduced, and she's got the immortality thing going for her, if he did connect.

Reduced? Perhaps, but even Negi can still cause her physical harm, as seen here:

http://www.mangareader.net/mahou-sensei-negima/343/4

Rakan hits much harder than Negi in hand to hand (Or really anyone else in the series, when trading blows with Nagi, he overpowered him).

Negi, who is also effectively immortal and has a healing factor, can be knocked out. Is there any proof the same is not true for Eva?

quote:
For her own melee skill, remember how unpowered she was able to handle Setsuna. So she's no slouch herself.

Oh I know, she also was at least a physicsl opponent on par with Fate early in the series, and physically beat back three Averruncus's.

quote:
He knocks it down to buy time for Eva's spell, but there's no sign it's out of action rather than just knocked back.

AND RAKAN WILL KNOCK HER DOWN AS WELL.

Keep in mind that that was merely a physical attack from Rakan, far from his strongest attack.

quote:
Yea, it wouldn't surprise me smile These two are *scary*, no matter how you slice it!

On a random note, here is Takamichi getting Kurt Godel in a chokehold.

http://www.mangareader.net/mahou-sensei-negima/342/15

Old Post Mar 28th, 2012 12:57 AM
Q99

quote:

Ah, that's true, but you forget: Those hits were doing nothing.

After Negi breaks out his perpetual lightning form for the first time, Rakan tanks every single hit without a scratch, or any sign of damage.

Yea, but Eva's more of a ranged fighter, and was overpowering Negi in close (in Rakan's own words).

In close, I'm pretty sure her large ice attacks will hit harder than Negi's punches did.

quote:

Negi, who is also effectively immortal and has a healing factor, can be knocked out. Is there any proof the same is not true for Eva?

Yea, she probably can be, but the healing means that even heavy damage from Jack can be quickly recovered. It's a major advantage.

quote:

Ah, but so does Rakan, with even casual attacks.

Witness the power of the Eternal Negi Fever!

And of course the Rakan For the Hell of It Right Hand Punch. The first is a joke move, the second is him explicitly holding back.

Note that with her Magic Erebea on, Eva barely needs to do any chanting to do her move that beat the power level 8000 demon:

http://www.mangareader.net/mahou-sensei-negima/343/9

That's stronger than the attacks that Jack soaked.

quote:

On a random note, here is Takamichi getting Kurt Godel in a chokehold.

big grin

Last edited by Q99 on Mar 28th, 2012 at 01:16 AM

Old Post Mar 28th, 2012 01:12 AM