KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Star Trek » ST: TNG... On Bluray.

ST: TNG... On Bluray.
Started by: -Pr-

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

ST: TNG... On Bluray.

Apparently, it's happening.

There are multiple places reporting it around the internet, but the word from CBS (that owns TNG, DS9 etc) is that it IS happening. Apparently we're going to be seeing a test disc by the end of the year to gauge how good it can be; there's just one stumbling block in their way.

Originally, TNG was shot in 16:9 in very high definition, which is good. Unfortunately, those original negatives were then brought in to post, and converted to 4:3 when the special effects were added. That means that they may have to do something like was done with the original series, redoing all the effects shots.

That remains the big stumbling block at the moment, but it looks like they're going to at least try and see how it goes.

fingers crossed, as yes, I would buy it.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2011 07:38 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Toad

If it happens, I'm in line.

Waiting for the beginning.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2011 03:09 AM
Mr. Toad is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Toad a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Toad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Yeah I just got into season 3. But I'd love this on Blu Ray,

Old Post Aug 6th, 2011 11:31 AM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2011 10:08 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

i might buy tng on blu ray

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Sep 9th, 2011 02:05 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

They'd have to work some magic alright to sort out the early season or so... the visual look of the early episodes really sucked.

Im interested.

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Sep 16th, 2011 11:27 AM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

http://www.startrek.com/article/the...-launch-in-2012

You've heard the rumors, and now StarTrek.com can officially confirm it: Star Trek: The Next Generation will be released in high-definition Blu-ray, starting in January with a sampler of several popular episodes, followed by a season-one set to be released later on in 2012, and subsequent seasons beaming down after that. Each of the 178 episodes spanning The Next Generation's seven seasons will be transferred to true high-definition 1080p for release in the Blu-ray format and, eventually, for runs on television and digital platforms in the U.S. and across the world. Star Trek: The Next Generation will, as fans know, be celebrating its 25th anniversary in 2012.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Oct 10th, 2011 06:58 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

First comparison video is up:

Have to say, they did a fine job.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jan 20th, 2012 08:43 AM
CadoAngelus
Zanpakuto

I could get behind this. Star Trek on BluRay could be a good decision. But it will be ****ing expensive...Star Trek on DVD in most retail outlets in the UK - any series and season - was anywhere upward of £30.

CadoAngelus - Savior, Conqueror, Hero, Villain.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2012 12:26 PM
CadoAngelus is currently offline Click here to Send CadoAngelus a Private Message Find more posts by CadoAngelus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

quote: (post)
Originally posted by CadoAngelus
I could get behind this. Star Trek on BluRay could be a good decision. But it will be ****ing expensive...Star Trek on DVD in most retail outlets in the UK - any series and season - was anywhere upward of £30.

Does anyone know what the quality of the TNG DVD's was like?

I did buy the OS on DVD in a box set (not the remastered one) and i was very impressed. the picture was cleaned up considerably (besides the space shots) and about 5 years ago it only cost me 150 canadian for all 3.

Was TNG DVD cleaned up too?

Old Post Jan 24th, 2012 05:15 PM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by CadoAngelus

I got them on amazon for 10 pounds a pop. You should try that i think.

Originally posted by darthmaul1
Does anyone know what the quality of the TNG DVD's was like?

I did buy the OS on DVD in a box set (not the remastered one) and i was very impressed. the picture was cleaned up considerably (besides the space shots) and about 5 years ago it only cost me 150 canadian for all 3.

Was TNG DVD cleaned up too?

Not especially. It's not bad; it's better than what you'd see on tv. The bluray though? Looks gorgeous.

--

AND IT CAME OUT TODAY.

The preview disc with THREE episodes, remastered, made it's appearance this week. Has anyone watched it?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2012 08:03 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by -Pr-
I got them on amazon for 10 pounds a pop. You should try that i think.

Not especially. It's not bad; it's better than what you'd see on tv. The bluray though? Looks gorgeous.

--

AND IT CAME OUT TODAY.

The preview disc with THREE episodes, remastered, made it's appearance this week. Has anyone watched it?

I haven't watched it yet, but going too

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2012 07:16 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I had a chance to watch "Sins of the Father" the other day, and I have to say, the blu-ray quality is absolutely astonishing. The colours, the detail, the enterprise... Hell, even the Klingon make-up is something to behold.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 15th, 2012 08:03 AM