KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » Was Mother Talzin made too Powerful?

Was Mother Talzin made too Powerful?
Started by: chingchangwalla

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
chingchangwalla
Restricted

Account Restricted

Was Mother Talzin made too Powerful?

I have no problem with Mother Talzin being powerful but if some Nightmother from Dathomir is making Darth Sidious shit himself, something's wrong. Hell she even holds her own for a few seconds against Mace Windu in sabers which is ludicrous!
I just refuse to believe someone like Sidious would feel threatened by some witch magic :/

Old Post Jul 6th, 2016 01:29 AM
Click here to Send chingchangwalla a Private Message Find more posts by chingchangwalla Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

While she was only that powerful on Dathomir? Not really. The SWU is a big place, not unreasonable that there can't be powerful characters that aren't Jedi or Sith.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2016 01:32 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chingchangwalla
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Zenwolf
While she was only that powerful on Dathomir? Not really.

What do you mean?

Old Post Jul 6th, 2016 01:33 AM
Click here to Send chingchangwalla a Private Message Find more posts by chingchangwalla Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by chingchangwalla
What do you mean?

She's only that powerful while on Dathomir.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2016 01:34 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chingchangwalla
Restricted

Account Restricted

Oh right :/

Old Post Jul 6th, 2016 01:34 AM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Zenwolf
The SWU is a big place, not unreasonable that there can't be powerful characters that aren't Jedi or Sith.

Yep. The Zillo Beast would stomp Sidious, Talzin, Yoda and Mace combined.

As would the Father, Son or Daughter.

Hell she even holds her own for a few seconds against Mace Windu in sabers which is ludicrous!

It was a lot longer than a few seconds. Looked like a stalemate tbh. And that fight wasn't even on Dathomir.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2016 04:32 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chingchangwalla
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Yep. The Zillo Beast would stomp Sidious, Talzin, Yoda and Mace combined.

As would the Father, Son or Daughter.

It was a lot longer than a few seconds. Looked like a stalemate tbh. And that fight wasn't even on Dathomir.

Which is where I draw the line. Mace is almost Yoda territory and having Talzin beating him in sabers is gross. I'm fine if she beats him in force and I actually like the ones, but no. Talzin isn't beating Mace in duel I'm just not ok with it laughing

Old Post Jul 8th, 2016 04:29 AM
ares834

Why?

Anyway, it seems pretty clear than guys like Yoda and Sidious are no longer the untouchable badasses in the new materiel that they were in the EU. I'm perfectly fine with this.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2016 07:59 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Which is where I draw the line. Mace is almost Yoda territory and having Talzin beating him in sabers is gross. I'm fine if she beats him in force and I actually like the ones, but no. Talzin isn't beating Mace in duel I'm just not ok with it laughing

She never beat him though.

The impression was given that they were on a similar level, but tbh they opted not to show us most the fight in favour of some classic Jar Jar saves the day

Old Post Jul 8th, 2016 08:17 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

You people get hung up on this. Yes, she was extremely powerful. Sidious doesn't any any of her unless he has allies. That's for sure. He's a natural born coward.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2016 03:56 AM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

I have no problem with Mother Talzin being powerful but if some Nightmother from Dathomir is making Darth Sidious shit himself, something's wrong. Hell she even holds her own for a few seconds against Mace Windu in sabers which is ludicrous!
I just refuse to believe someone like Sidious would feel threatened by some witch magic :/

The idea is to create tension by introducing a character not named Yoda who can genuinely challenge Sidious, who is otherwise essentially peerless. Normally, I'd agree that the decision would probably be an ass-pull, but it was a storyline that developed pretty tastefully and gradually across several years and seasons.

But that aside, they really don't take it too far.

Originally posted by ares834
Why?

Anyway, it seems pretty clear than guys like Yoda and Sidious are no longer the untouchable badasses in the new materiel that they were in the EU. I'm perfectly fine with this.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2016 10:09 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

yes

Old Post Jul 15th, 2016 10:17 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

nah

You've got the Mortis Anchorites and that's it.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2016 10:18 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

And Windu, Talzin, [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Vader as a swordsman, etc..

Old Post Jul 15th, 2016 10:19 PM
The_Tempest

Originally posted by ares834
And Windu, Talzin, [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Vader as a swordsman, etc..

Talzin's a peer?, Windu, Vader, Dooku, Maul, etc. are inferior.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2016 10:21 PM
ares834

No, and I've never said as such. Just that they are no longer "untouchable badasses".

Old Post Jul 15th, 2016 10:25 PM
chilled monkey

Re: Was Mother Talzin made too Powerful?

Believe it. He was even more threatened by Gethzerion.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2016 02:41 AM
Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Luminous
kusemono

In Talzin's case they eventually make it clear that she is not a natural Force user, so - for whatever it's worth - that allows the traditional candidates to be considered the strongest natural Force users in normal space.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2016 07:30 PM
Click here to Send Darth Luminous a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Luminous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Didn't Talzin possess Dooku before she died? Then Palpatine basically told her she may possess his body he does not possess none of his skill.

Seems they are implying Dooku>Mace.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2016 02:38 AM
Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

SUre, but only if we ignore that little fact that Windu beat Sidious in a duel.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2016 03:00 AM