KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Amazing Spider-Man

Amazing Spider-Man
Started by: Arahan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Arahan
Silver Guy

Amazing Spider-Man 542

Just read it. i thought Spidey would job against the Kingpin and would get a beating but then.....Spdey totally owned him and he was badass.

What are you guys thinking about the fight and Peters new attitude?

Old Post Jul 27th, 2007 11:01 AM
Arahan is currently offline Click here to Send Arahan a Private Message Find more posts by Arahan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ankur29
ankur

Spidey shoudl have ko'd him with teh first punch , i was when spidey said kingpin has no real power how he coudl have killed him with teh first punch, how he can lift cars etc,etc but he chooses not to , that woudl make sense to why he loses to kingpin , or why he INTENTIONALLY HELD BACK AND HIT HIM AS MANY TIMES AS HE DID IN THE COMIC... 'god you would think he was as strong as kingpin'
i loved the fat insults though

Old Post Jul 27th, 2007 11:10 AM
ankur29 is currently offline Click here to Send ankur29 a Private Message Find more posts by ankur29 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

Did anyone read ASM 241? Spidey was weakened.

I give you the only thing an Orange Lantern gives....Demands

Old Post Jul 27th, 2007 11:14 AM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

I think he was just setting up the "living in fear" thing for Kingpin.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2007 11:34 AM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jack Harkness
Restricted

Account Restricted

Already a thread for this. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Its been posted.

Sig by Roland

Old Post Jul 27th, 2007 11:47 AM
Jack Harkness is currently offline Click here to Send Jack Harkness a Private Message Find more posts by Jack Harkness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Jack Harkness
Already a thread for this. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Its been posted.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...mp;pagenumber=1

P.S. If you keep rolling your eyes they will stay in the back of your head.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2007 12:09 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

I would hate to have eyes stuck in the back of my head.

Unless i could see thigs behind me,which would be cool,but negated by my inability to see things infront of me.smile

Old Post Jul 27th, 2007 12:22 PM
Martian_mind is currently offline Click here to Send Martian_mind a Private Message Find more posts by Martian_mind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jack Harkness
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Alfheim
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...mp;pagenumber=1

P.S. If you keep rolling your eyes they will stay in the back of your head.
To late. stick out tongue

Sig by Roland

Old Post Jul 27th, 2007 01:45 PM
Jack Harkness is currently offline Click here to Send Jack Harkness a Private Message Find more posts by Jack Harkness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Crazily enough, I can't find a dedicated ASM thread in the search, so I edited this one into being the official one.

So. Proceed.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2010 05:07 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Every time I read a new issue of ASM I feel like I've read it before.

Which, is probably because I kinda have. erm

Damn you, BND!

edit- Diggin the sig, Digi. It's kinda got that retro 80's look to it, like a classy movie poster.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Last edited by Tzeentch on Jun 24th, 2010 at 05:27 AM

Old Post Jun 24th, 2010 05:25 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I've been liking the the comics in the BND continuity especally with The Gauntlet related stuff.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2010 07:49 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

OMD disillusioned so many people that all of ASM is damned by association now. But, removed from the Mephisto and registration nonsense, a lot of the stories have been pretty decent. I'm actually really enjoying Grim Hunt.

Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
edit- Diggin the sig, Digi. It's kinda got that retro 80's look to it, like a classy movie poster.

Heh, thanks.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2010 05:16 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Anyone reading ASM? I'll actually go ahead and say I think it's been excellent recently. They needed to distance themselves from OMD and BND, but now that they have it's easy to see why I loved Spidey for so long.

Anyway, the return of Phil Urich as a goblin is pretty cool. My soft spot for him is a recent development (owing to his clutch performance for me in the recent tourney), but he's a nice find from the Spidey backlog of characters.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2010 04:03 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

I'm somewhat shocked this thread doesn't get used more. Anyway...

I just caught a Doctor Who reference in ASM 679. Not the overt dialogue reference, but the guy at the end wearing the 4th Doctor's getup. The issue involved time travel, and was a delightful little story, so it was a cool easter egg to find.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2012 06:52 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Spider-island was one of the best crossovers I've ever read. I'm catching up on ASM now no thanks to my injury. Any spoilers digi?

Old Post Mar 31st, 2012 07:30 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Spoilers? Nah, just enjoy catching up. Spider-Island was really good, it floundered briefly for a few issues after that, but the most recent "Ends of the World" storyline seems pretty badass so far.

OMD was the unfortunate point at which a lot of people left ASM. And it was indeed pretty awful. But once it got past that debacle, basically once Brand New Day left the whole event behind, it's been excellent.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2012 06:35 PM
SamZED

I dont know WHAT the hell happened but ive just read ASM 683 preview where Spider-man punched Al Gore in the face for no reason... O.O

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2012 08:07 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Originally posted by SamZED
I dont know WHAT the hell happened but ive just read ASM 683 preview where Spider-man punched Al Gore in the face for no reason... O.O

He must be an AGW denier

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Apr 1st, 2012 03:10 AM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by Digi
Spoilers? Nah, just enjoy catching up. Spider-Island was really good, it floundered briefly for a few issues after that, but the most recent "Ends of the World" storyline seems pretty badass so far.

OMD was the unfortunate point at which a lot of people left ASM. And it was indeed pretty awful. But once it got past that debacle, basically once Brand New Day left the whole event behind, it's been excellent.

Jerk.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2012 05:37 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Originally posted by Endless Mike
He must be an AGW denier
Heh. But now that I think about it that was probably Chameleon.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2012 09:48 AM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote