KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Bourne Legacy

Bourne Legacy
Started by: The Nuul

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Squirrel Fart

Bourne Legacy

Old news kind of...

It was announced in early October that Tony Gilroy, writer of the first three Bourne movies, was set to write and direct a fourth chapter in the franchise titled The Bourne Legacy. Shortly thereafter, it was revealed that Matt Damon wouldn't be returning in this latest sequel to reprise his Jason Bourne character. Instead, a new character would be introduced, which would allow for Damon and director of the first three installments Paul Greengrass to return for a future sequel.

Universal has made it clear that they want Jason Bourne to carry on long into the future with or without Matt Damon, thus creating a solid franchise that can continue on throughout the decades with any actor playing the character ala James Bond. Matt Damon recently caught up with MTV, and he revealed that he is not at all happy about Universal's plans for future Bourne installments:

"I have no idea what (Tony Gilroy) has planned. But he's a very smart guy, so I'm sure it's going to be good. I do know that whatever he's doing won't preclude Paul Greengrass and I from coming back and doing ours. What they ultimately want is a franchise that can kind of go on and on. We explained to them that our character isn't like James Bond. You can't send him on a mission. There's character development, there's an arc that the character has traveled through the three movies. You don't just start over at the beginning of every movie. I think what they're looking for is a way to build that in so that they can continue without Paul and me eventually. I love the character. I love the stories. But only if Paul Greengrass says he will direct again. So far, though, he's decided not to. I'd definitely say yes if he went for it. I know he would have a great story, and it would protect the legacy of what we created."

Kind of new news...

After months of speculation, Universal has officially named actor Jeremy Renner as the star of "The Bourne Legacy."

According to Deadline, the two-time Oscar nominee (for "The Hurt Locker" and "The Town") is expected to "sign on quickly" to play a new character in the spin-off film written and directed by "Bourne" screenwriter Tony Gilroy.

Renner will reportedly play an operative from a covert government program that is even more dangerous than the Treadstone brainwashing program that hatched Jason Bourne, memorably played by Matt Damon in the first three hit films.

For those who have been following the ups and downs of the "Bourne" saga, Renner's casting is not at all a surprise, given reports that leaked earlier this month saying he had been offered the role. The actor beat out a slew of talented and buzzworthy contenders, which reportedly included Alex Pettyfer, Taylor Kitsch, Dominic Cooper, Garrett Hedlund and Luke Evans.

Gilroy has previously stated that although Damon's Bourne will not be a part of "Legacy," he has left the door open for future Bourne-centric films down the road.

"The easiest way to think of it is an expansion or a reveal," Gilroy said of his story for "Legacy." "Jason Bourne will not be in this film, but he's very much alive. What happened in the first three films is the trigger for what happens. I'm building a legend and an environment and a wider conspiracy. ... The world we're making enhances and advances and invites Jason Bourne's return [down the road]."

Production is said to begin in September.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2011 07:00 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jack Angel
Heart Full Of Anger

I understand what matt damon is saying i mean after a while enough is enough but it's not a huge bummer he's not reprising his role imo jeremy is a pretty good actor i only saw him in 2 movies which was the hurt locker (which was really good) and 28 weeks later. I'm pretty sure alot of people would've prefered matt as i do but it's the movie industry you kinda expect these things to happen so i'm sure everyone is use to it by now. I love all 3 movies and i'll be looking forward to this one.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2011 05:14 PM
Jack Angel is currently offline Click here to Send Jack Angel a Private Message Find more posts by Jack Angel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

http://www.heyuguys.co.uk/images/20...gacy-Poster.jpg

1st poster...Looks very cheaply done so not sure if it's real.

Jeremy Renner's character is called Aaron Cross...

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Last edited by jaden101 on Jan 9th, 2012 at 02:21 AM

Old Post Jan 9th, 2012 02:10 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

So Damon stamping his feet until he gets tossed another 10mil for the contract?

Doing shit like We Bought a Zoo. ****ing fivehead.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jan 11th, 2012 01:17 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

u mad bro?

Old Post Jan 11th, 2012 01:29 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
So Damon stamping his feet until he gets tossed another 10mil for the contract?

Doing shit like We Bought a Zoo. ****ing fivehead.

I think it's more like Damon mellowing out & focussing more on his family & kids & picking roles that's more family oriented.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2012 04:29 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

From what I've heard, "We Bought a Zoo" was a terrific movie. So... did he really **** up, there?

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jan 11th, 2012 05:05 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

You heard wrong. /thread

Old Post Jan 12th, 2012 04:53 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ThorinWoofer
Static Stance

I think Renner will do a good job.

Please Respond To My PM Barker

Old Post Jan 13th, 2012 02:39 AM
ThorinWoofer is currently offline Click here to Send ThorinWoofer a Private Message Find more posts by ThorinWoofer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

The Bourne Legacy

(please log in to view the image)

The Bourne Legacy is an upcoming 2012 film and will be the fourth entry in the eponymous Bourne film series, which is based on the Jason Bourne novels by Robert Ludlum and Eric Van Lustbader. The story sets off after the conclusion of The Bourne Ultimatum with Tony Gilroy as the director, screenwriter of the first three films. Matt Damon, star of the first three films, will not return for this film. Damon has not ruled out starring in any future films as long as Paul Greengrass, who directed the last two films, returns.

Cast:

Jeremy Renner
Rachel Weisz
Edward Norton
Joan Allen
Albert Finney
Scott Glenn

imdb

wiki

One of my favorite characters/films ever. Of course Bourne is not actually in it, but hopefully the story and the tone of the movie will be equally enjoyable. Also Renner is quite a decent pick for a role like this in my opinion. Looking forward to it...

[Almost made this into a new thread, but found this existing thread already!]

Old Post Feb 10th, 2012 10:23 AM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

This won't be the same, Bourne was a guy on the run...this guy is not

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Feb 10th, 2012 12:25 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
siriuswriter

Two words : EDWARD NORTON.

Or, why I will be seeing this DVD.

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2012 07:53 PM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

So, does that mean you like Edward Norton, or dislike Edward Norton?

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Feb 10th, 2012 08:11 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

This looks so dope.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2012 02:22 AM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2012 09:22 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

This is looking good, am excited.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2012 04:49 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

this looks dope..

will be seeing

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jun 1st, 2012 07:06 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

likewise..

Old Post Jun 1st, 2012 09:02 PM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Hmm, I was initially very excited, but seeing the new trailers, it really has a different tone. Lacks the realism of the originals I think. The behaviors, dialogue and cinematography from Bourne made me feel like this could be in real life. The new one seems to lack that touch. Just wait and see I guess...

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2012 04:42 AM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

probably 'cause the other movies were more about Bourne hunting them, which involved a whole lot of talking and threats. This one seems more action packed due to him apparently not having amnesia and already knowing how to eff people up. Also, he's supposedly much better than Jason which means he should be capable of more outlandish feats.

Last edited by marwash22 on Jun 2nd, 2012 at 05:13 AM

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2012 05:11 AM