KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » Funny Dom and Billy Interviews

Funny Dom and Billy Interviews
Started by: Kitoky

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kitoky
Starting Anew

Funny Dom and Billy Interviews

This is the funniest interview that I read!!
Comments are in RED

BILLY: Hello, Dominic.

DOM: Hello, Bill.

BILLY: Welcome at Premiere’s…

DOM: I meant to ask you…

BILLY: What?

DOM: …when was your biggest drinking session during filming?

BILLY: I’m a very shy drunk.

DOM: I understand. Can I tell the answer for you, then?

BILLY: Nah, that’ll do, thank you.

DOM: What has changed in your life since your work on Lord of the Rings, and what don’t you like about these changes? Besides your weight. Hahahahaha!!

BILLY: Nothing, as a matter of fact. But if you’re asking, it must mean there are things that upset you, then?

DOM: I’ve lost touch with some friends I would have liked to keep in touch with…

BILLY: Call them!

Thank you so much Eezy!!
I'm starting over, do not mistake me for my brother - he has left. Eezy has convinced me to come back, give him some credit.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2004 01:24 AM
Kitoky is currently offline Click here to Send Kitoky a Private Message Find more posts by Kitoky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kitoky
Starting Anew

DOM: Yeah, but it’s kinda weird, you know? I’m going to call and they’re going to answer: “great. Who’s calling?” Right, so, given all the people you’ve met through all this, who were you most excited about meeting?

BILLY: Ian Holm, that was nice. He’s always been one of my favourite actors and it was kind of wild to find myself in the seat next to his in makeup. What about you?

DOM: I met Robin Williams briefly the other night, that’s crazy, no? It was during that charity event for the Philip Seymour Hoffman theatrical company.

BILLY: We played charades with Edward Norton. Very nice. Who won the most pool games, you or me?

DOM: That’s a very difficult question you’re asking there…

BILLY: I’m asking you, honestly.

DOM: …

DOM: What’s your favourite colour?

BILLY: Blue. Mine too!!

DOM: Ok, if we like… try and calculate an average, I think it’s you.

BILLY: you’ll make sure to print that, thank you.

Thank you so much Eezy!!
I'm starting over, do not mistake me for my brother - he has left. Eezy has convinced me to come back, give him some credit.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2004 01:25 AM
Kitoky is currently offline Click here to Send Kitoky a Private Message Find more posts by Kitoky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kitoky
Starting Anew

DOM: I think what with the importance of the whole shoot, I had to reconsider my priorities. It seemed more important to you, anyway.

BILLY: Elijah really really sucked at pool. And footie.

DOM: He can’t seem to be able to take all the angles into account. Something to do with his eyes, I think.

BILLY: Unbelievable. He’s got the biggest eyes in the whole wide world, and they don’t work very well. What a shame. Imagine… if they were 100% functional, he’d be able to see flies 500 yards away.

DOM: kind of like a superhero.

BILLY: Eye-Man! ROFLMAO

DOM: It’s such a shame that he can’t see a thing!

BILLY: Which place did you most like visiting during filming?

DOM: Thailand, when we went there for a few days’ break with Orlando. The beach, drinking from coconuts and all that…

BILLY: The only problem was we weren’t allowed to stay in the sun too long. If we’d gotten back with a nice tan, imagine the hell we’d have gotten from makeup.

Thank you so much Eezy!!

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2004 01:27 AM
Kitoky
Starting Anew

DOM: We also visited the Star Wars shoot. Nice people.

BILLY: We had dinner with Princess Amidabi.

DOM: Amidala.

BILLY: That’s what I said.

DOM: If you were elected King of Scotland, what changes would you make?

BILLY: Many changes. We need more filming studios in Scotland. And I’d make sure everybody could go to school for free. How’s that for you?

DOM: You’ve got my vote. Have you ever hurt a fellow actor?

BILLY: Probably. Let me think… One day, I didn’t see him arrive and I hit Sala Baker (who plays Sauron) on the head with my sword. Thank goodness he’s got a head as hard as cement; I could have split his head in two. I could have killed him! I was surprised he didn’t hit me back. Kind of a big fellow.

DOM: After 5 weeks of filming, you could have killed Sauron. That would have made for a shorter film.

Thank you so much Eezy!!

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2004 01:29 AM
Kitoky
Starting Anew

BILLY: I would have stolen the ring and used its ability to make you invisible to go spy on the girls in their dressing rooms.

DOM: Brilliant! Finally be able to see what Cate Blanchet does!

BILLY: What do you mean?

DOM: Nothing. *giggles*

BILLY: Exactly. Let’s see, what would you do if you had the ring and could be invisible?

DOM: I’d go to a lingerie store and hang around the changing rooms.

BILLY: That’s what you’d do, ogle naked women?

DOM: And then, we could go to the White House and really see what’s going on in there. If someone offered you either a wingless parrot or a legless dog, which one would you take?

BILLY: The parrot.

DOM: Why?

BILLY: It wouldn’t be as sad as the legless dog.

DOM: And what would you call it?

BILLY: Wing-a-ding-ding.

DOM: If you could go live on any planet you wanted, which one would you go to?
BILLY: Saturn.
DOM: The rings, of course.
BILLY: You?
DOM: Pluto. To be as far away from you as possible.
BILLY: Thank you, Dominic.

Thank you so much Eezy!!

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2004 01:31 AM
Lyn
Jedi_Chick

laughing Very amusing...thanks Kitoky. thumb up happy

DOM: We also visited the Star Wars shoot. Nice people.

BILLY: We had dinner with Princess Amidabi.

DOM: Amidala.

BILLY: That’s what I said.

laughing Amidabi...laughing

Thanks Ben-Kenobi for the Sig!

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2004 05:49 AM
Lyn is currently offline Click here to Send Lyn a Private Message Find more posts by Lyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aurora
Princess

Thanks a bunch Kit!!!!! I LMAO!!!!! Let me see what I can find!

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2004 04:38 PM
Aurora is currently offline Click here to Send Aurora a Private Message Find more posts by Aurora Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

THESE ARE SO FUNNY!!!!

DOM: After 5 weeks of filming, you could have killed Sauron. That would have made for a shorter film.

HAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAH!!!!!

*suffocates through laughter*

actually, that'd be the way I'd want to go... wink

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2004 04:44 PM
Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aurora
Princess

A little long but very funny:
" I mean, Billy (Boyd) is one of the few people in my life that – even though I really enjoy comedy and I really enjoy watching funny films and stuff like that, it's seldom that I'll really lose my s*** laughing… Really tears coming out my eyes, snot coming out my noise, laughing to the point where you can't really breathe and stuff. Billy can do that. Billy has a really beautiful silliness to him, you know? That would be my main kind of way of describing the way that Billy's funny, is that he has a silliness, and a beautiful kind of innocent, silly body language… A fabricated naïve act that isn't real, because he's a wise guy and he's been around for a long time and he knows how the world works – but he puts on this naïve act which is beautiful. He's definitely one of the funniest guys I've ever met in my life, and I think that's one of the reasons why we spend so much time together, because it's always entertaining. We just smile – which I think is one of the best gifts that you can give to a friend… If you can make them feel good and make them feel up about things.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2004 04:57 PM
Aurora is currently offline Click here to Send Aurora a Private Message Find more posts by Aurora Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aurora
Princess

IGNFF: Is there anything that you haven't been asked…

MONAGHAN: There's a few things, like why has it escaped the media's attention that Viggo Mortensen is the devil. That's never really been approached…

IGNFF: Okay, so he's the sly one…

MONAGHAN: He IS a sly one! Have you interviewed him?

IGNFF: He is the "one you can't get near."

MONAGHAN: Right, well, Viggo is a true individual.

IGNFF: The devil's got a hell of a publicist…

MONAGHAN: Yeah, he sure does. For the past two years, Viggo and I have been involved in trying to sabotage each other in the media by giving each other s***. For the second DVD of The Two Towers, the extended cut, there's a documentary of the actors just giving each other hassles, and there's HUGE stuff going on with Viggo and me, where we're just making up rumors about each other, and makin' out that things happened that actually didn't happen. I'm hell-bent on this idea of trying to convince the media that Viggo is either a woman in a man's body or the devil, or that he does terrible things to baby animals, and stuff like that.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2004 05:04 PM
Aurora
Princess

IGNFF: It was my understanding that he's entirely CG…

MONAGHAN: Well, yeah! This is also not come out that much, either, that the majority – I would say probably 95% of the work that you see as Viggo onscreen is completely computer generated, because he has a wooden leg and he can't run. So they had to do all that CG. And also he can't act. There's all this stuff going on about how good he was in that film, but they had to morph a lot of the face movements from Billy and myself, because we were able to reach those levels of acting that Viggo just couldn't reach. I mean, he can barely talk English, you know? He's pretty dumb…

IGNFF: So who dubbed his voice?

MONAGHAN: I think Andy Serkis did a bit of work, and also Elijah. It's like a combination of the two of those guys.

IGNFF: I mean, he's an amazing creation…

MONAGHAN: He is an incredible creation, and you've got to give credit to Viggo, because it is mainly his torso and his chest that you are seeing, and he does look good in leather – but every time he opens his mouth, it's Andy Serkis, and every time his mouth moves it's done by Billy and I. And also, a lot of the main fighting that went on – that was me and Billy as well, because Viggo is quite weak. He's quite feminine. He could never lift the sword over his head, because he didn't have the muscle capacity.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2004 05:04 PM
Aurora
Princess

IGNFF: Yeah, I mean, it's so obvious that the guy who was in A Perfect Murder is not the same guy that's in Lord of the Rings…

MONAGHAN: He's lost it. I mean, I personally feel that he peaked in GI Jane. I thought he was incredible, and when I met him I was quite overwrought – but within the first 10-15 minutes, I lost all that respect, because he smells pretty weird as well. He lives in a barn, and he just smells of… Well, it's kind of like horse piss and clothes that he's not changed, basically.

IGNFF: It's unfortunate that all that work went into him, and because of his ego, WETA will never be recognized for it…

MONAGHAN: No. Never. Poor Richard Taylor, I feel for him. And the sad thing with Viggo is he has a son. He has a young child, Henry – who's 15 now – who's now having to see and be influenced by his father. And we're all trying to protect Henry from basically being brought up by Frankenstein's monster.

IGNFF: That's almost a case to make him a ward of the state…

MONAGHAN: Seriously, we've already offered to look after Henry. Elijah and I said that we'd adopt him, and I think we're in the process of trying to make that happen, because it's hell seeing this young man be around this freak of nature, pretty much, you know?

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2004 05:05 PM
Aurora
Princess

IGNFF: I think the case is open and shut…

MONAGHAN: Yeah, I mean, why not? I'm going to make up a few pins for when we do this premiere tour… It'll be stuff like "Imprison Viggo," "Keep away from Viggo – He Bites."…

IGNFF: "Free Henry"…

MONAGHAN: Things like that. Because he shouldn't be allowed out in public unless he's in some sort of straitjacket. He also has a filthy, filthy potty mouth.

IGNFF: I also heard that he hit that transvestite with his wooden leg…

MONAGHAN: I mean, I'm kind of done with it. I don't have that much time for him anymore.

IGNFF: But he's the type that would probably stalk you…

MONAGHAN: You think? I mean, he's very physically strong…

IGNFF: But you would probably hear the wooden leg…

MONAGHAN: Oh Jesus Christ… Can you imagine that? Star hit with Viggo's wooden leg – that'll be the headline in the Enquirer when this comes out.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2004 05:06 PM
Aurora
Princess

IGNFF: Besides all these revelations about Viggo, is there anything else that hasn't been asked of you or documented in some way?

MONAGHAN: I mean, there's obviously a few stories that kind of slipped under the radar…

IGNFF: Where are the home movies? Billy talked about all these home movies you guys did that he feels should be released…

MONAGHAN: Oh yeah, there's a bunch. Orlando's probably got 4 or 5 videocassettes, Billy's probably got about the same, I've probably got about 3 or 4, and also in the reshoots that we went to I've probably got about 7 or 8. Elijah had a video camera over there, Sean Astin… All in all, there's probably about 20 or 30 private tapes from us guys. But what will probably happen with that, because we have such a good relationship with Pete, is that at some point in the future – probably 10, 15 years or whatever – we'll probably all sit down and watch some old footage and Pete will say, "Ohhh, can I have that and can I use that?" And then they'll bring out a Commemorative 25 Years Anniversary Collector's Edition of Lord of the Rings that will have those guys, those little cherubs, running around in Wellington having fun.

IGNFF: Or you could just set up a 1-900 number and do Hobbits Gone Wild…

MONAGHAN: (laughing) Yeah!

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2004 05:06 PM
Aurora
Princess

I skipped a few questions for space.......
MONAGHAN: You would have thought in a group of 10 guys that there would be a big fight – that we would be in a pub and someone would throw a punch…

IGNFF: Or a wooden leg…

MONAGHAN: Yeah. Stick a wooden leg on the back of someone's neck, but it just never happened. It never came to fisticuffs… Which is nice, because it would be an interesting scrap…

IGNFF: Which is amazing considering not just the duration of the shoot, but the stress as well…

MONAGHAN: Yeah. But if it did come to fisticuffs, I'd just like to say now that Viggo would lose. He'd get beaten up by Elijah.

IGNFF: But that's just because of Viggo's dodgy arm, right?

MONAGHAN: Yeah… and his female gait.

IGNFF: Wasn't his arm injured in a painting accident?

MONAGHAN: I think yeah… A violent painting accident with the color red, I think.

IGNFF: Just too violent a brush stroke…

MONAGHAN: Yeah… Or I think maybe the color just shocked him. He was so amazed that he could get such a red that I think it attacked him – or he attacked it – and he came off the worse.

IGNFF: Just stricken…

MONAGHAN: Yeah…

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2004 05:13 PM
Aurora
Princess

Here is an inter view that they did with two of the guys from Good Charlotte:

Here's a pic:(please log in to view the image)

Monaghan: It's a shame what they cut from the second movie, which is kind of like puberty. We go through growth spurts.

Joel: They cut it out?

Monaghan: Yeah. Like when you record your favorite track and "Ah sh--!" it's gone — that's what they did with us.

Joel: You guys ruled in "The Two Towers."

Monaghan: But who's your favorite? I bet at the end of the day you're a Frodo fan. Gandalf?

Joel: Honestly, I think Frodo was getting kind of evil on me in this movie.

Benji: I can honestly say my favorite character was Gollum.

Monaghan: Me too. How about that scene where he talks to his twin with the pictures?
Joel: What's next?

Monaghan: I'm probably going to have a cup of coffee and then have lunch.

Boyd: Chicken? Lovely.

Benji: Do you miss each other when you don't see each other?

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2004 05:25 PM
Aurora
Princess

Monaghan: We see each other all year 'round. ... Billy was in Mexico, so I would go down one weekend and we'd go surfing then he'd come up to L.A. the weekend after that. Elijah [Wood] lives in L.A.

Boyd: And we hung out.

Benji: You guys are really friends?

Boyd: Yeah.

Benji: You guys like Snoop Dogg?

Monaghan: Yeah, I like Snoopy Dogg.

Joel: You guys live in L.A.?

Boyd: I don't. I live in Scotland, so next to my bed I only have a light so I can read.

Monaghan: I live in Hollywood.

Boyd: Sometimes a sandwich if I'm hungry.

Benji: Has being a Hobbit helped your dating life or hurt it?

Monaghan: I never had a problem with my dating life.

Boyd: Women like you?

Monaghan: What is that about?

Boyd: I don't know!

Monaghan: When does your album come out?

Joel: It's out. Comes out in January.

Monaghan: No, I meant when does your album turn into a second album?

Joel: That is the second album.

Monaghan: Third album?

Joel: January.

Benji: Next January, a year.

Boyd: This guy here [points to photo of Good Charlotte guitarist Billy] looks like David Grohl.

Benji: Yeah, Dave Grohl. A little bit. Billy is actually the biggest "Lord of the Rings" fan I ever met.

Monaghan: This guy, Billy? Then how come he's not interviewing?

Benji: He's got the ring tattooed around his hand.

Boyd: He's busy is he?

Benji: He's taking a couple of days off.

Boyd: What's your favorite tattoo?

Benji: My favorite tattoo? I like this one on my neck. It's the Virgin Mary.

Boyd: A lot of religious paraphernalia with you. Is there a religious vibe on the album?

Joel: No, not on the album; definitely not.

Monaghan: Just in life.

Benji: I just figure that when I die, I'm going to need some extra help getting into heaven because of the sh--.

Aurora
Princess

Joel: It's out. Comes out in January.

Monaghan: No, I meant when does your album turn into a second album?

Joel: That is the second album.

Monaghan: Third album?

Joel: January.

Benji: Next January, a year.

Boyd: This guy here [points to photo of Good Charlotte guitarist Billy] looks like David Grohl.

Benji: Yeah, Dave Grohl. A little bit. Billy is actually the biggest "Lord of the Rings" fan I ever met.

Monaghan: This guy, Billy? Then how come he's not interviewing?

Benji: He's got the ring tattooed around his hand.

Boyd: He's busy is he?

Benji: He's taking a couple of days off.

Boyd: What's your favorite tattoo?

Benji: My favorite tattoo? I like this one on my neck. It's the Virgin Mary.

Boyd: A lot of religious paraphernalia with you. Is there a religious vibe on the album?

Aurora
Princess

Joel: No, not on the album; definitely not.

Monaghan: Just in life.

Benji: I just figure that when I die, I'm going to need some extra help getting into heaven because of the sh--.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2004 05:26 PM
Kitoky
Starting Anew

laughing laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud laughing

OMG, THAT'S SO FUNNY!

Thank you so much Eezy!!

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2004 12:19 AM