KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » There is no creation!

There is no creation!
Started by: Shakyamunison

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

There is no creation!

Check out this idea:

The energy cycle:

Matter falls into a black-hole. The information attached to that matter is smeared across the face of the black-hole. The matter is then destroyed as it approaches the singularity, and all that is left is energy. That energy falls into a wormhole at the singularity. This wormhole opens up as a white-hole spewing into the universe as pure energy with no information or matter. There is only one white-hole in our universe, and we commonly call it the big bang. That means that the energy that is in the universe right now will eventually fall into a black-hole and reappear at the big bang 14 billion years in the past.

This is one way that the universe could exist without ever being created. That would mean that the universe is a closed time like curve.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2012 04:57 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
red g jacks
Restricted

Account Restricted

but who created the energy? cool

Old Post Apr 10th, 2012 05:32 PM
red g jacks is currently offline Click here to Send red g jacks a Private Message Find more posts by red g jacks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

quote: (post)
Originally posted by red g jacks
but who created the energy? cool

Energy is never created. In a closed time like curve, the cause for the past is the future.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2012 05:34 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
red g jacks
Restricted

Account Restricted

i see. allow me to try again.

but who created the closed time like curve? cool

Old Post Apr 10th, 2012 05:38 PM
red g jacks is currently offline Click here to Send red g jacks a Private Message Find more posts by red g jacks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Counter-intuitive as it may seem, energy can and does escape black holes. It doesn't just collect energy ad infinitum. So though it may take an insanely long time, the "heat death" expanding model of the universe remains the best model we have for predicting the universe's eventual fate.

The other problem is that the concept of black holes as gigantic space vacuums isn't true either. For example, Earth would orbit a black hole the same way it does the sun, provided both were of roughly equal total mass. We wouldn't be sucked in, and would eventually drift out of orbit (in billions of years) if something else didn't destroy the planet before that point.

I think that pokes a hole in your idea here, though I may be misinterpreting it.

@red g jacks - matter can be created from nothing. Again, it's almost impossible to conceive of as laymen, much less describe. And apparently even physicists can't actually conceptualize it but end up describing it in mathematical terms. But it's both possible and has been observed. So there's one potential explanation. Not necessarily the right one, but a distinct possibility.

Last edited by Digi on Apr 10th, 2012 at 05:49 PM

Old Post Apr 10th, 2012 05:40 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

i see. allow me to try again.

but who created the closed time like curve? cool

There is no requirement for the closed time like curve (CTLC) to be created. It is counter-intuitive, but there is no time for a creation.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2012 05:44 PM
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

You need evidence that "white holes" even exist.
You need evidence that the singularity really exists, many physicists are extremely unhappy with the idea.
You need evidence that the singularity is a wormhole if it does exist.
You need to explain how a black hole can be constantly sending its mass backward through time but still gain mass like anything else.
You need evidence that multiple black holes can combine to let out through a single white hole.
You need to explain why the big bang was a sudden event rather than being drawn out over billions of years as matter leaked backward through time via the black holes that have existed across the lifetime of the universe.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2012 05:47 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by Digi
Counter-intuitive as it may seem, energy can and does escape black holes. It doesn't just collect energy ad infinitum. So though it may take an insanely long time, the "heat death" expanding model of the universe remains the best model we have for predicting the universe's eventual fate.

The other problem is that the concept of black holes as gigantic space vacuums isn't true either. For example, Earth would orbit a black hole the same way it does the sun, provided both were of roughly equal total mass. We wouldn't be sucked in, and would eventually drift out of orbit (in billions of years) if something else didn't destroy the planet before that point.

I think that pokes a hole in your idea here, though I may be misinterpreting it.

@red g jacks - matter can be created from nothing. Again, it's almost impossible to conceive of as laymen, much less describe. And apparently even physicists can actually conceptualize it but end up describing it in mathematical terms. But it's both possible and has been observed. So there's one potential explanation. Not necessarily the right one, but a distinct possibility.

This is only true if hawking's radiation does exist. So far, we have not found it.
In the far future heat death, there will only be black holes in the universe. This time will exist forever, but will have no effect on the CTLC.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2012 05:48 PM
red g jacks
Restricted

Account Restricted

i thought the cool smiley following obtuse questioning would give away the fact that my questions were made in jest.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2012 05:49 PM
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Originally posted by Shakyamunison
This is only true if hawking's radiation does exist. So far, we have not found it.

The evidence supporting Hawking Radiation is vastly superior to the evidence supporting all the assumptions you've made so criticizing it for maybe being wrong isn't a smart move.

A juvenal prank.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2012 05:50 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

i thought the cool smiley following obtuse questioning would give away the fact that my questions were made in jest.

ha, ok.

Normally, yes, it would be a dead giveaway. The religion forum, however, often makes a mockery of such general rules. Thus my confusion.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2012 05:51 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

In the far future heat death, there will only be black holes in the universe. This time will exist forever, but will have no effect on the CTLC.

Sym's comment on this applies. However, I have to go wikipedia some physics articles or something, my memory is fuzzy enough that I don't want to continue at this point just from what I remember from textbooks and novels.

We seem to be squarely in psuedo-science at this point, so maybe my caution is unwarranted. But it can't hurt. I'll grant you that your theory is appealing in an emotional sense. I just don't think it holds much merit.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2012 05:53 PM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos

1. You need evidence that "white holes" even exist.
2. You need evidence that the singularity really exists, many physicists are extremely unhappy with the idea.
3. You need evidence that the singularity is a wormhole if it does exist.
4. You need to explain how a black hole can be constantly sending its mass backward through time but still gain mass like anything else.
5. You need evidence that multiple black holes can combine to let out through a single white hole.
6. You need to explain why the big bang was a sudden event rather than being drawn out over billions of years as matter leaked backward through time via the black holes that have existed across the lifetime of the universe.

1-3 See the theory of Relativity for the first three.

4 The next one, I have no idea other then it is possible because wormholes are able to have opening in different times.

5 The theory of Relativity predicts that white-holes should exist. The big bang is the closest thing there is to one.

6. How much time did it take? We have no way of knowing what a unit of time was back then.

Please note: I modified your post to make it easier to answer.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2012 05:59 PM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

The evidence supporting Hawking Radiation is vastly superior to the evidence supporting all the assumptions you've made so criticizing it for maybe being wrong isn't a smart move.

Until Hawking Radiation is proven, then other option are open.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2012 06:01 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Black holes aren't really holes in space are they? But just collapsed stars with hyper-extreme density and gravity, yes?

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Apr 10th, 2012 06:14 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

1-3 See the theory of Relativity for the first three.

Only the singularity is predicted by relativity and physicists really dislike it because it requires infinite density and ending up with infinity is usually a sign that the idea is wrong. Singularities are not even necessary for black holes.

No one has ever seen something that seems like a white hole or come up with a way that one might form. No well proven theory requires their existence to be complete.

Relativity absolutely does not predict that black holes have a wormhole at the center.

4 The next one, I have no idea other then it is possible because wormholes are able to have opening in different times.

That doesn't resolve the problem at all.

If you pile block onto a train while I remove them them from the train the pile of blocks on the train will grow more slowly than if I wasn't removing them. In the same way if the wormhole constantly sucks matter out of the black hole it should shrink or show a distinctly slower rate of growth than physics predicts.

5 The theory of Relativity predicts that white-holes should exist. The big bang is the closest thing there is to one.

Not it does not. Relativity gives the mathematics tools to needed to describe a white hole. It does not require their presence or even suggest that they might exist, let alone say that all black holes combine to let out through a single white hole.

6. How much time did it take? We have no way of knowing what a unit of time was back then.

A fraction of a second. If you want to use the Big Bang to legitimize idea you have to actually accept the Big Bang.

Until Hawking Radiation is proven, then other option are open.

Not all options are created equal. The mathematical work Hawking did that predicted Hawking Radiation has been validated by experts. You have barely shown an understanding of the science you're trying to apply.

A juvenal prank.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2012 06:16 PM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by Robtard
Black holes aren't really holes in space are they? But just collapsed stars with hyper-extreme density and gravity, yes?

Well, according to the theory of Relativity, black-holes should connect to white-holes through worm-holes.

To be honest, my knowledge is limited in this matter. However, I this model was cool because it literally does not need a creation.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2012 06:18 PM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Only the singularity is predicted by relativity and physicists really dislike it because it requires infinite density and ending up with infinity is usually a sign that the idea is wrong. Singularities are not even necessary for black holes.

No one has ever seen something that seems like a white hole or come up with a way that one might form. No well proven theory requires their existence to be complete.

Relativity absolutely does not predict that black holes have a wormhole at the center.

That doesn't resolve the problem at all.

If you pile block onto a train while I remove them them from the train the pile of blocks on the train will grow more slowly than if I wasn't removing them. In the same way if the wormhole constantly sucks matter out of the black hole it should shrink or show a distinctly slower rate of growth than physics predicts.

Not it does not. Relativity gives the mathematics tools to needed to describe a white hole. It does not require their presence or even suggest that they might exist, let alone say that all black holes combine to let out through a single white hole.

A fraction of a second. If you want to use the Big Bang to legitimize idea you have to actually accept the Big Bang.

Not all options are created equal. The mathematical work Hawking did that predicted Hawking Radiation has been validated by experts. You have barely shown an understanding of the science you're trying to apply.

I am not presenting a theory. I am presenting a model that does not require a creation.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2012 06:21 PM
tsilamini

I am not presenting a theory.

you would be presenting a theory if you had observations

I am presenting a model

n-no you aren't

Old Post Apr 10th, 2012 06:50 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by inimalist
...n-no you aren't

How would this model have a creation?

You remind me of a teacher I had back in college. I asked him about the new idea that birds might be related to dinosaurs. He swore up and down that there is no way that could ever be. Now, it is common knowledge.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2012 06:57 PM