KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » Mad Max: Fury Road

Mad Max: Fury Road
Started by: Tired-Hiker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

Mad Max: Fury Road

I read an article that Mel Gibson will not be in Fury Road, the sequal to Beyond Thunderdome. Gibson said his appearance in the film would be "cheesy." I guess he's right, being that Fury Road will take place about three years after Thunderdome. The good news is that George Miller will be directing. He directed the other three Mad Max films.

Looks like a bunch of no namers will be in it. Tom Hardy will play Max Rockatansky. I found a picture on the net of a car that will be in the film. The flat bed truck with the huge engine is off the hook. I can't wait to see that in action. Sounds like there will be a heavy mix of CG and live action, much like Avatar. I'm looking forward to see a trailer or some new production pics.

(please log in to view the image)

Anyway, Mad Max: Fury Road has a release date for 2011.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2010 11:17 PM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blinky
Android First Class

Why ruin a perfect ending to the Trilogy?... I don't get it.

"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead."

Old Post Feb 7th, 2010 04:16 AM
Blinky is currently offline Click here to Send Blinky a Private Message Find more posts by Blinky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Blinky
Why ruin a perfect ending to the Trilogy?... I don't get it.

(please log in to view the image)

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Feb 7th, 2010 08:07 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

The car looks cartoonish. It seems the whole thing is turning into a parody of itself. Shame because the 1st film was brilliant.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Feb 7th, 2010 11:51 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

I guess we'll just have to see.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2010 09:51 PM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I bet theres been plenty of things we've all seen at first whiich looks "cartoonish" or whatever else and then the trailer comes out and changes that.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2010 05:39 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

I agree, the first three are great and should have been left alone. They should have done a remake if anything else had to be done. Get Hugh Jackman.....shifty no expression

Old Post Feb 8th, 2010 03:04 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Kazenji
I bet theres been plenty of things we've all seen at first whiich looks "cartoonish" or whatever else and then the trailer comes out and changes that.

The lesson is never trust trailers....I've seen plenty of recent examples of people in this forum watching trailers and thinking films look good when they turn out to be completely shit. Of course if these people had actually put some thought into it then they'd realise they shouldn't have been duped in the 1st place.

Cases in point...Gamer, Law abiding citizen.

Other films that are going to be complete shit...Legion, The Wolfman, Tron 2.

I haven't even seen the trailer and I can tell that this is going to be shit.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2010 09:24 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by jaden101

Other films that are going to be complete shit...Legion, The Wolfman, Tron 2.

I'm going to have to disagree on The Wolfman.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2010 05:08 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

This will be FAIL.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2010 06:49 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm going to have to disagree on The Wolfman.

I just read my 1st review of it...It got 2 stars out of 5.

Obviously reviews are only a subjective opinion of 1 person but it doesn't bode well.

I personally thought the CGI change looked less convincing that American werewolf in London.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2010 02:04 PM
Mr. Marshall
Rough Trade Minister

quote:
Exclusive: George Miller Says New ‘Mad Max 4’ Movie Essentially Same Story As Aborted ‘Max’ Film In 2003; Talks Tom Hardy As Rebooted Mel Gibson Character

BY TODD GILCHRIST | NOVEMBER 11, 2011

For the better part of the past two decades, George Miller has made films that veered sharply away from his earliest triumphs, opting for decidedly more family-friendly fare like “Babe: Pig in the City” and “Happy Feet” than the unforgiving adventures of the “Mad Max” series. But next year, Miller returns to that franchise with the tentatively titled “Fury Road,” and even though production was aborted back in 2003 and then pushed back several times since the project was first re-announced in 2009, Miller told The Playlist that their completion at Warner Brothers is as inevitable as their conception was in his head.

“When you actually work on a film, they do invade you,” Miller said Thursday morning via a telephone interview about his new film, “Happy Feet 2.” “The characters, they’re like imaginary characters in your head and they’re sort of part of your family in a strange way. So like family, they keep on intruding.”

Miller first attempted to resuscitate the franchise in 2003, and he confirmed the longtime rumor that Heath Ledger was set to star alongside Mel Gibson. That version was to begin shooting in Namibia, but in late February 2003 with the prospect of the impending Iraq invasion ahead 20th Century Fox postponed the production, and it lead to its eventual death.

But even then, he’d been turning over the idea of new films in his head for several years beforehand. “14 years ago, I remember the moment when I was walking across a street, a crossing,” he explained. “While I was in the middle of the road, I got this sudden flash of a story, and by the time I got across the street, I realized, oh my God – that’s a ‘Mad Max’ movie! It was the core idea.” Nevertheless, he insisted that he was reluctant at first to revisit that world after making three films about it early in his career. “The last thing I ever wanted to do was a ‘Mad Max’ movie, so I pushed it away.”

Nevertheless, “Mad Max” continued to occupy his thoughts, and before long, a more detailed story emerged. “Four years after that [in 2001], I was catching a long plane ride back from Los Angeles to Sydney, through the night, and I was in that hypnologic state between sleep and wakefulness, and the movie, a version of that movie, played out in my head – not fully formed, but very distinct,” he said. “So I thought, ‘Oh, here we go,’ and of its own bidding really; I didn’t intend to think about it. And then that just kept on happening, and suddenly you realize that you’re going to make another one.”

Of course, Miller isn’t the only well-known auteur to return to the material that helped make his name; Ridley Scott is nearing completion on “Prometheus,” a prequel to his 1979 film, and planning a follow-up to “Blade Runner.” Miller suggested that part of the reason he and others are taking on these projects from their past is that their cache among audiences makes them easier to get produced. “I think the way the business is now, sort of tentpole movies do require an already built-in audience,” he observed. “Films based on well-known properties, whether they’re television, really epically-selling novels or books or remake of old movies or sequels, it’s just become a staple of the business, because it’s a very, very tough business, and hard to get anybody to pay attention because there’s so much out there.”

Simultaneously, he said that it mostly comes down to spending so much time with your own material that it eventually infiltrates how you see other material. “The world and the characters just live with you,” he said. “They’re a prism through which you view the world, so you almost don’t have a choice in the matter – they definitely creep up on you. Certainly that was the case with a new ‘Mad Max’ and ‘Happy Feet’.”

With so many failed starts on a new “Mad Max” installment and filming set to start in early 2012, one would imagine that the narrative has changed dramatically. But Miller said that while it’s grown somewhat, it’s essentially much the same film he wanted to shoot in 2003. “Obviously I’ve worked on [the script] since, and we’ve got the whole movie designed – we’ve got 150 big vehicles built – and the world has evolved. I hope I’ve evolved, and I hope the movie’s evolved. But it’s pretty similar; at its core, it’s not that different.”

One thing that Miller said was absolutely the same was Mad Max, the character who was being rebooted, albeit primarily via Hardy’s performance rather than a ground-up reinvention via screenwriting. “He’s a rebooted Mad Max, but it’s a new interpretation.” Miller revealed. “We made it very clear from the outset that it would be crazy to try to impersonate what Mel had done, but Tom [like] Mel and Heath Ledger; these guys all have very similar kind of maleness, I find. I don’t know, they somehow remind me of big cats – they’re mesmerizing to look and be with, but you don’t know what they’re going to do at any moment.”

“There’s kind of a lot of stuff boiling underneath, and that makes them extremely interesting to watch,” he observed. “And also, Tom is an astonishingly good actor.”

Miller also confirmed that previously announced cast members Charlize Theron and Nicholas Hoult are still set to appear in the film, despite the production delays. Meanwhile, he said he thinks that the wait has made the film now more relevant than ever: “what’s a little weird is that the world unfortunately is heading in the direction of Mad Max a little bit more rapidly than I would have liked,” he said.

“It’s a rigorously vetted film; I mean, the whole film has been prepared, storyboarded and so on. I’m surprised how little has changed [in the script] in that time. But these films aren’t really speculating about a future, they’re westerns in the same way that westerns would kind of morality plays, figures in the landscape, and you’re able to somehow reduce this human behavior to its most elemental. So now, it’s very clear to see the story in there where perhaps the modern world is a little bit too cluttered – it’s a bit hard to see the signals amongst the noise.”

“Happy Feet 2” arrives in theaters nationwide on November 18, 2011. More from this interview soon.

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplayl...ibson-character

Nice!

Old Post Nov 12th, 2011 02:15 AM
Mr. Marshall is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Marshall a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Marshall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

I still need to see parts II and III. They look fun, though... so I'll try to get on that. : )

Old Post Nov 12th, 2011 04:09 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Never saw Thunderdome, looked horrible.

Tina Turner was in it...

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Nov 12th, 2011 07:07 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Plus it was the third movie curse as alot of franchise tend to fall under.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2011 07:13 AM
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Originally posted by Mindset
Never saw Thunderdome, looked horrible.

Tina Turner was in it...

Thunder Dome was atrocious.
Too much interference from HollyWood execs wanting Max's character to appeal to a wider, family orientated audience.

Also Mel Gibson was said to be at his peak of his alcoholism during production so the plot was re-written to have him less in front of the camera.

As far as Mad Max 4 is concerned, it's once again been put on hold as cast & crew re-re-locate back to Africa again.

Broken Hill where it was originally filmed in Australia is a dry arid place with a population of about 22,000. Recent heavy rains turned the barren scenery (needed for Mad Max) into a lush green landscape covered in colourful desert flowers....so cast & crew has had to relocate back to their original set in Africa.

Ironically recent heavy rains in Africa has also greened up the landscape & put production on hold again. This has forced several key actors to rethink about being their commitment or move on to other projects/films.

I know George Miller is a perfectionist when it comes to filming but surely he could cgi alot of the back ground shots & get the movie rolling.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2011 08:24 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post Dec 21st, 2012 06:36 AM
Patient_Leech
Ungod

First Look at Tom Hardy

http://io9.com/5970212/first-look-a...the-new-mad-max

I found the creature designs a bit more interesting...

http://io9.com/5936202/are-these-ho...d-max-fury-road

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2012 07:18 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
I found the creature designs a bit more interesting...

http://io9.com/5936202/are-these-ho...d-max-fury-road

It's like Lord Humongous survived the burning crash in The Road Warrior and the mask got welded to his face.

Maybe...?

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2012 07:29 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Pretty sure it's a reboot.

Unless maybe they decide to take a cue from Brian Singer with that he did with Superman Returns and it's an alt story-line set after The Road Warrior/Mad Max 2.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Dec 24th, 2012 02:16 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote