KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » DC Animated Film: Flashpoint

DC Animated Film: Flashpoint
Started by: JakeTheBank

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

DC Animated Film: Flashpoint

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansi...r/news/?a=58564

quote:
The events on DC's new 52 was set in motion by what took place in Geoff Johns' Flashpoint series. The story centers around Barry Allen with help from Bruce Wayne's father Thomas. While talking with Comic Book Club Kevin Conroy revealed that he is currently working on a Flashpoint DC Animated movie. "Oh I just, just last night, I recording a new animated movie...that features The Flash, it's more about The Flash, but Batman is in it as well. It's a Flash...Flashpoint! Flashpoint? I think it's Flashpoint," said the famous voice actor. There were no additional details given about the project, but be on the look out for the announcement soon.

Flashpoint was released in 2011 and was written by Geoff Johns with art done by Andy Kubert. The story shows The Flash(Barry Allen) waking up in an alternate time, where nothing seems to be right his mother is alive, his father is dead, there is no Superman or Justice League, and Citizen Cold is Central City's greatest hero. After discovering that Reverse Flash is behind everything The Flash enlists the help of Batman(Thomas Wayne) to help him set the events of time right. While doing this Flash meets a mystrious hooded figure who urges him to merge the DC, Vertigo, and Wildstorm universe creating DC's New 52. No word yet on when the official announcement will come or how faithfully it will follow the comic books, but make sure you check here at CBM for the latest.

Interesting.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2012 07:17 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

As Spock would say "Fascinating"

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Apr 25th, 2012 07:26 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AlmightyKfish
This Is No Longer A City.

Meh, if they're going to make an animated adaption of a big event they could at least make it a good event...

I mean, DC has a number of far better stories that they could work on adapting, it seems like a bit of a waste using Flashpoint when you've got event stories like SCW or the big character stories (ala Year One and All Star Supes) like The Long Halloween or Birthright, and hell, Killing Joke, just for the fact Mark Hamill said he'd want to be the Joker in that...

Taskmaster The Molecule Man

Old Post Apr 25th, 2012 11:34 PM
AlmightyKfish is currently offline Click here to Send AlmightyKfish a Private Message Find more posts by AlmightyKfish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

quote: (post)
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
Meh, if they're going to make an animated adaption of a big event they could at least make it a good event...

I mean, DC has a number of far better stories that they could work on adapting, it seems like a bit of a waste using Flashpoint when you've got event stories like SCW or the big character stories (ala Year One and All Star Supes) like The Long Halloween or Birthright, and hell, Killing Joke, just for the fact Mark Hamill said he'd want to be the Joker in that...

thumb up

I think DC might attempt to generally push the new 52 status quo in the media outside of comics themselves.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2012 11:40 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Maybe... I just don't know if I'm going to sit and watch Flashpoint...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Apr 25th, 2012 11:45 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AlmightyKfish
This Is No Longer A City.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
thumb up

I think DC might attempt to generally push the new 52 status quo in the media outside of comics themselves.

That basically seems like what this is an attempt to, seeing as I can't think of any other reason they would choose Flashpoint...

Taskmaster The Molecule Man

Old Post Apr 26th, 2012 10:30 AM
AlmightyKfish is currently offline Click here to Send AlmightyKfish a Private Message Find more posts by AlmightyKfish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote