KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Animations / CGI » The nightmare before Christmas

The nightmare before Christmas
Started by: maham

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
maham

Laugh The nightmare before Christmas

What do you think about the film the nightmare before christmas by Tim Burton. I watched it about 10 years ago and I loved it so much. I had remembered the songs that I can recall even now with the right melody. I didn't know it was Danny ELfman's voice back then. Hats off to Tim's creativity and originality.

Attachment: jack.jpg
This has been downloaded 98 time(s).

Old Post Aug 20th, 2010 06:26 PM
maham is currently offline Click here to Send maham a Private Message Find more posts by maham Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

It's something of a classic, and even has ties to Disney thanks to the Kingdom Hearts franchise.

I believe every few years or so they bring it back to theaters as well, which I think is kind of neat.

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Aug 20th, 2010 07:28 PM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
maham

TRUE. it has become a classic.like the fairy tales.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2010 06:55 PM
maham is currently offline Click here to Send maham a Private Message Find more posts by maham Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ADarksideJedi
Jackie Malfoy

A very good classic!

Morning Glory, ,DamienB(my busband),Spoonly,Tired hiker!a1hsauce,Coucil#13,Kongudude,Scottie,Syren
Killa420,miroku,sanctuary,mairuzu,
KILLA4,JacopexLethalfemme,LadyGrim,ashle,Mišt,oman
32,Scythe,DebbieJo,DeathReaperr,Britrogue,Neha,Joe
K,Mandos,Wild Cherry,Roland,Rogue Jedi,Jaehskywalker,Lord Kerrigor,ALostSoul,Running Mascara,Raventheonly,NewJak,,Captain Maynard,Sparkly,Dominic Gargone.
Majid86, Rudester.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2010 06:25 PM
ADarksideJedi is currently offline Click here to Send ADarksideJedi a Private Message Find more posts by ADarksideJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

My all time favourite animation. Maham, if you haven't seen it and you like The Nightmare Before Christmas check out the director's other stop motion film Coraline. It's brilliant, I don't personally care that it isn't apparently that close to the source, it's still good on its own.

I watch The Nightmare Before Christmas every Halloween, and Christmas Eve.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2010 10:35 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ADarksideJedi
Jackie Malfoy

I do too.

Morning Glory, ,DamienB(my busband),Spoonly,Tired hiker!a1hsauce,Coucil#13,Kongudude,Scottie,Syren
K,Mandos,Wild Cherry,Roland,Rogue Jedi,Jaehskywalker,Lord Kerrigor,ALostSoul,Running Mascara,Raventheonly,NewJak,,Captain Maynard,Sparkly,Dominic Gargone.
Majid86, Rudester.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2010 03:28 PM
ADarksideJedi is currently offline Click here to Send ADarksideJedi a Private Message Find more posts by ADarksideJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

It's a wonderful film. Maybe the best project ever from Tim Burton.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Aug 31st, 2010 03:33 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Tim Burton, AND Henry Selick the director of it.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2010 05:17 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by MildPossession
Tim Burton, AND Henry Selick the director of it.

I'm not forgetting Henry Selick; I'm just illustrating Burton's filmogaphy. That this is the best thing, ahead of the first Batman (though without it, there wouldn't have been the definitive Batman series we're getting now) and Ed Wood.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Aug 31st, 2010 09:09 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ADarksideJedi
Jackie Malfoy

Originally posted by roughrider
It's a wonderful film. Maybe the best project ever from Tim Burton.

Inlest one of the best.

Majid86, Rudester.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2010 06:03 PM
K J H

Amazing film great story great music i remember getting it on video
for christmas when it came out its a film you have got to watch
at least once a year near halloween or christmas like mildpossession
said classic

came across some N B C t shirts on amazon gonna get this one

Attachment: 41las0v07fl__aa300_.jpg
This has been downloaded 67 time(s).

Old Post Sep 4th, 2010 12:07 AM
K J H is currently offline Click here to Send K J H a Private Message Find more posts by K J H Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

^ I would have got that if it came in a women's skinny. Doesn't even come in a XXS size mens, that would have been like a womens skinny size. sad

Old Post Sep 4th, 2010 01:05 PM
KurtRussellCrow
Restricted

Account Restricted

Very classic. Tim Burton did a great job with this movie. One of my favorites to this day.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2010 06:08 PM
KurtRussellCrow is currently offline Click here to Send KurtRussellCrow a Private Message Find more posts by KurtRussellCrow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K J H

Downloaded the songs Whats This & Jacks Lament from the film the other day AWESOME film who does the voice of jack

Old Post Nov 30th, 2010 12:49 PM
K J H is currently offline Click here to Send K J H a Private Message Find more posts by K J H Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackZero30x
Jack

Originally posted by MildPossession
My all time favourite animation. Maham, if you haven't seen it and you like The Nightmare Before Christmas check out the director's other stop motion film Coraline. It's brilliant, I don't personally care that it isn't apparently that close to the source, it's still good on its own.

I watch The Nightmare Before Christmas every Halloween, and Christmas Eve.

i agree about Coraline....i originally thought it would be stupid but it was great! and i also watch The Nightmare before christmas every halloween and christmas!

BlackZero30X:The Signatures XBL Gamertag

Old Post Nov 30th, 2010 04:50 PM
BlackZero30x is currently offline Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ADarksideJedi
Jackie Malfoy

I do as well.It is on at eleven o'clock on the abc channel on friday night.I wish it was on earier then that.But no luck yet!

Majid86, Rudester.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2010 03:51 PM
maham

Originally posted by K J H
Downloaded the songs Whats This & Jacks Lament from the film the other day AWESOME film who does the voice of jack

It's Danny Elfman, the music composer of the film himself. Loved him after this.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2010 11:10 AM
Impediment
Endless

I have to agree with MP that while the Coraline film was a far cry from the novel, the film was superb.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Dec 24th, 2010 10:11 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
En Sabah Nur X

Originally posted by Impediment
I have to agree with MP that while the Coraline film was a far cry from the novel, the film was superb.
indeed

Old Post Jan 8th, 2011 11:32 PM
En Sabah Nur X is currently offline Click here to Send En Sabah Nur X a Private Message Find more posts by En Sabah Nur X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omoidasu

Jack Skellington

My favorite is Zero, with that cute light-up nose. And yes, this is one of Tim Burton's best, though I never get tired of Sleepy Hollow as well. Just a question: Are there any attractions in Disney Florida that feature Nightmare Before Christmas? I'm thinking of taking a trip and was just wondering with the vast amount of merchandise of available. I know there's Haunted Mansion, but still...on that note, what else is fun to do in Disney Florida? Suggestions?

Old Post Jun 18th, 2012 06:36 AM
Omoidasu is currently offline Click here to Send Omoidasu a Private Message Find more posts by Omoidasu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote