KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Black Bolt vs Thor - To the Death

Black Bolt vs Thor - To the Death
Started by: Starscream M

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Starscream M

Black Bolt vs Thor - To the Death

1. CIS ON-Fight to the Death

2. CIS OFF-Fight to the Death

Both will use everything they have to win. The King vs The God.

Defacto Leader of the KMC VS Resistance Movement

Old Post Apr 19th, 2012 05:53 AM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Thor in both. Good fights, though.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2012 05:53 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Thor in both. Good fights, though.
hmm, can you explain why you said Gladiator loses both but Thor wins both?

Old Post Apr 19th, 2012 05:55 AM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nihilist

Originally posted by Starscream M
Thor>>>>>Gladiator,simple.

Big thanks to Scythe

Old Post Apr 19th, 2012 05:57 AM
Nihilist is currently offline Click here to Send Nihilist a Private Message Find more posts by Nihilist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Sure can.

Thor > Gladiator. It's been shown and stated in comics more than once, so that's good enough for me. Not only does Thor beat Gladiator for the majority, but Thor's powerset and abilities are better catered for dealing with Black Bolt than vice versa. It doesn't hurt that he also has a win over him, as well.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2012 05:58 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

Sure can.

Thor > Gladiator. It's been shown and stated in comics more than once, so that's good enough for me. Not only does Thor beat Gladiator for the majority, but Thor's powerset and abilities are better catered for dealing with Black Bolt than vice versa. It doesn't hurt that he also has a win over him, as well.
you assumed BB's scream could take out gladiator

why wouldn't it work on thor...who's much slower than gladiator and has even less chance of moving out of range of such a devastating scream

Old Post Apr 19th, 2012 06:02 AM
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Thor wins both.

Thor's lack of restraint > Black Bolts Lack of Restraint

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Apr 19th, 2012 06:04 AM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

Originally posted by Damborgson
Thor wins both.

BB screams...thor's KOed.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2012 06:06 AM
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

you assumed BB's scream could take out gladiator

why wouldn't it work on thor...who's much slower than gladiator and has even less chance of moving out of range of such a devastating scream

Mjolnir.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2012 06:06 AM
Smurph
------

Originally posted by Damborgson
Thor wins both.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here, but I'm pretty sure you're saying it wrong, and I'm pretty sure I disagree...

I think Thor definitely wins with CIS on, and probably with CIS off.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2012 06:08 AM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

Mjolnir.
mjolnir cannot block a scream jake. mjolnir is not a deus ex device that you make pull stuff outta your behind just to hand thor a victory. erm

Damborgson
King of the Damboys

BB screams...thor's KOed.

Black Bolt Screams, Thor raises Mjolnir, Thor goes through the scream, Thor crams Mjolnir down Black Bolts throat.

-Abhi Killer- X2

Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

Originally posted by Existere

CIS on, ok I can see thor winning. CIS off, and both aiming to kill, how do you see thor winning when BB can unleash a fullon scream at thor the second battle begins?

Old Post Apr 19th, 2012 06:09 AM
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here, but I'm pretty sure you're saying it wrong, and I'm pretty sure I disagree...

I'm saying that when the gloves come off, and they both go at it with all they have, Thor's raw power will trump Black Bolts. Sorry for the confusion.

-Abhi Killer- X2

Old Post Apr 19th, 2012 06:09 AM
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

mjolnir cannot block a scream jake. mjolnir is not a deus ex device that you make pull stuff outta your behind just to hand thor a victory. erm

Black Bolt's scream isn't just a "scream". I'd suggest looking into the character and how his powers work.

mjolnir is not a deus ex device

Based on feats and capabilities, it certainly is at times.

pull stuff outta your behind just to hand thor a victory. erm

Well, the thing is, Mjolnir has the feats to suggest that it can defend against such an attack. Not sure how that's pulling anything out of my behind.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2012 06:12 AM
Smurph
------

CIS on, ok I can see thor winning. CIS off, and both aiming to kill, how do you see thor winning when BB can unleash a fullon scream at thor the second battle begins?
Because at the end of the day, Thor has used Mjolnir to redirect, block and absorb not only a ridiculously wide variety of energy attacks, but also greater amounts of energy than Black Bolt's voice has ever displayed (though we've never gotten feats for an unfettered scream, I doubt it matches up to the bomb that Thor absorbed that was going to blow up a fifth of the universe... or something)

Thor, especially CISless, is just a really solid character to counter any energy-based powerhouses, such as BB.

That being said, Black Bolt's voice is much more than a basic energy blast, and is actually tied to his ability to manipulate electrons in objects. We've never seen Thor counter Black Bolt's voice, so this is speculation, hence the 'probably'. If Thor can't deal with the way that BB's voice manipulates the environment for widescale destruction, than Odinson goes down.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2012 06:17 AM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

Well, the thing is, Mjolnir has the feats to suggest that it can defend against such an attack.
o'rly...please show me an incident of such roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Apr 19th, 2012 06:20 AM
dmills
Centurion Prime

Because at the end of the day, Thor has used Mjolnir to redirect, block and absorb not only a ridiculously wide variety of energy attacks, but also greater amounts of energy than Black Bolt's voice has ever displayed (though we've never gotten feats for an unfettered scream, I doubt it matches up to the bomb that Thor absorbed that was going to blow up a fifth of the universe... or something)

Thor, especially CISless, is just a really solid character to counter any energy-based powerhouses, such as BB.

That being said, Black Bolt's voice is much more than a basic energy blast, and is actually tied to his ability to manipulate electrons in objects. We've never seen Thor counter Black Bolt's voice, so this is speculation, hence the 'probably'. If Thor can't deal with the way that BB's voice manipulates the environment for widescale destruction, than Odinson goes down.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Apr 19th, 2012 06:20 AM
dmills is currently offline Click here to Send dmills a Private Message Find more posts by dmills Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

I honestly don't see Mjolnir blocking BB's voice instantly...now, if thor were completely prepared, I could see him concentrating perhaps to make Mjolnir be able to absorb something akin to a scream, but in this fight he does not have the wherewithal to pull that kinda of unpracticed maneuver instantly

Old Post Apr 19th, 2012 06:22 AM
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

o'rly...please show me an incident of such roll eyes (sarcastic)

Thor used Mjolnir to prevent the destruction of 1/5 of the Marvel Universe.

Thor used Mjolnir to absorb and redirect the energies of the Null Bomb, which was capable of destroying a galaxy and reignited a sun in the process.

It really helps to know WTF you're talking about before spouting the kind of misinformed nonsense you habitually post.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2012 06:23 AM