KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » You Can't Spell Crap Without Rap!

You Can't Spell Crap Without Rap!
Started by: DemonicSlayer

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DemonicSlayer

Smile You Can't Spell Crap Without Rap!

Does anyone even wanna hear rap music anymore? Its all about sex and drugs. At least metal is more interesting. I'm sick of hearing about rappers smoking up blunts and having sex with every ho. Like anyone cares! miffed

Attachment: tsuhi-raburabu.jpg
This has been downloaded 185 time(s).

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2004 04:55 PM
DemonicSlayer is currently offline Click here to Send DemonicSlayer a Private Message Find more posts by DemonicSlayer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ElectricBugaloo
LP

if you judge something by what you see on MTV you will always be sorely dissapointed, unless you are a consumer whore. Before making a damning denunciation of an entire genre of music, give it a chance; I'm not saying give Ludacris and Nelly a chance, but actually listen to some of the stuff you don't see on MTV.

Blackalicoius
Aesop Rock
Sage Francis

I don't think that I've heard a song by any of these acts about smoking blunts, or any other of the hip hop stereotypes. If you based your views on rock based on what is on MTV, then you would say it sucks; Puddle of Mudd? Trapt?

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2004 04:58 PM
ElectricBugaloo is currently offline Click here to Send ElectricBugaloo a Private Message Find more posts by ElectricBugaloo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deathblow
-

Oh for the love of god not another 'lets all trash rap' thread.

I'm sure that soon enough you will meet a certain member called hockeyhorror, and I'm pretty sure he will advise you to listen to some underground hip hop before you make any judgements on a genre you have only experienced on a mainstream level.

I listen to some hip hop, and even though I have a limited knowledge of it compared to some people on the forum, I'm pretty sure I can tell quality hip hop from shitty gangsta rap (which is what your describing).

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2004 05:01 PM
Deathblow is currently offline Click here to Send Deathblow a Private Message Find more posts by Deathblow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ElectricBugaloo
LP

It's not gangsta rap on the radio now, really.

SOME gangsta rap was good, NWA, Dr Dre's first album.

Now...it's just mainstream rap

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2004 05:02 PM
ElectricBugaloo is currently offline Click here to Send ElectricBugaloo a Private Message Find more posts by ElectricBugaloo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DemonicSlayer

That's what I'm saying! All this shitty gangsta rap shit! I'm not degrating ALL hip hop. Not every rapper out there sucks. But most do. It just doesn't make any sense. All my friends at school listen to that gangsta shit. I see no talent in most rap songs.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2004 05:03 PM
DemonicSlayer is currently offline Click here to Send DemonicSlayer a Private Message Find more posts by DemonicSlayer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

LOL I like the title of this thread! laughing

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2004 05:04 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DemonicSlayer

Thanks...But most people aren't on my side with this rap stuff.. ><

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2004 05:06 PM
forumcrew

Re: You Can't Spell Crap Without Rap!

quote:
Originally posted by DemonicSlayer
Does anyone even wanna hear rap music anymore? Its all about sex and drugs. At least metal is more interesting. I'm sick of hearing about rappers smoking up blunts and having sex with every ho. Like anyone cares! miffed

its not all about it.. a lot yes but theres still talented and influential artists and songs out..

you saying cant spell crap without rap shows intelligence level im dealing with though.. you cant spell dumb without U..

and you obviously care or you wouldnt post about it.. I do agree a lot of rap is stupid but not all of it..

forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DemonicSlayer

This guy at my bus stop tells me that Metal and Rock are just the same as Rap..

Deathblow
-

quote:
Originally posted by ElectricBugaloo
It's not gangsta rap on the radio now, really.

SOME gangsta rap was good, NWA, Dr Dre's first album.

Now...it's just mainstream rap

And the commonly forgotten creator of gangsta rap, Ice Cube.

Deathblow is currently offline Click here to Send Deathblow a Private Message Find more posts by Deathblow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ElectricBugaloo
LP

you can't spell "this guy at my bus stop" without yugioh

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2004 05:07 PM
DemonicSlayer

Ok ok, maybe I'm being a little harsh. It's just that i guess it's a little more popular down where i live. People down here ONLY listen to rap. Anyone who listens to a different genre of music is called a freak.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2004 05:08 PM
ElectricBugaloo
LP

oh, i could go on for a while on the good gangsta rap, i was just stating the first two that came to mine. good call, though

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2004 05:08 PM
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Early rap was fun to listen to. Then it became Gansta rap and all that hip-hop stuff, and that's when the whole business lost some fans. I still find the title of this thread funny. lol!

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2004 05:18 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
madsci
beats beats beats

and you can't spell demonicslayer without spelling "lame."

is this the mentality of members and the methods they are using to get their opinions/points across? i can appreciate the fact that you have an opinion, but you're not thinking before you type. why don't you look through some older posts and threads about hip hop music vs. rap music. attempt to learn something new, instead of allowing your intellect to remain in the depths of ignorance.

there may be no "i" in team, but there is "me", only seperated and backwards.

madsci
hip hop purist

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2004 05:36 PM
madsci is currently offline Click here to Send madsci a Private Message Find more posts by madsci Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

agree^^

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2004 06:26 PM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

I hate rap and I hate the way rap lovers defend rap (most of the time). On a track trip I made a comment about the rap song to a friend and this other guy got all defensive. I said, "I hate this rap, all they are doing is throwing together whatever words rhyme together in a phrase." Btw: The song is all about where the guy would have sex with this girl and was as simple as saying rhymes such as "in a jicuzzi, in the back of a movie,"... etc. The guy turned around in the van and said, "Actually if you listen, they are actually saying words." I was like "No shit? I realized they were words (dumb ass is what I wanted to say), I'm just saying that they are taking any two words that rhyme and throwing them together." Then he said, "Actually there is meaning to this song." Again, I said, "Really? The one about how he wants to have sex with the girl and would do it anywhere? Thats a pretty weak meaning. It doesn't go in depth at all." This time his response was, "Us black people get a little something... its called pussy." I told him I was unaware that white people were asexual sense we apparently reproduce without getting "pussy." He then said that the population of white people is decreasing because they can't get pussy while black people do so their population is increasing. Now, I'm not racist, but I used racist back sense he started the racial attacks and I said, "Actually dumb ass, the population of whites is increasing but just not at as fast of a rate as black people. Thats because black people are primative beings and primative beings have to reproduce as much as possible to survive." I wanted to kill that son of a *****. BTW: I don't really mean that statement, I just used it as a verbal attack against an *******.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2004 06:44 PM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ElectricBugaloo
LP

wow, you're dumb

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2004 06:49 PM
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

no expression

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2004 07:14 PM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2004 07:20 PM