KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Role Playing Forum » Beyond Lie the Looking Glass

Beyond Lie the Looking Glass
Started by: DangerousBeauty

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DangerousBeauty

Beyond Lie the Looking Glass

In the mirror I stand all alone
My lifelong purpose still unknown,
In the mirror I ask myself why
In the mirror I see myself die,

In the mirror I see my life
With darkened sorrows that fill my strife,
In the mirror I see my pain
In the mirror it starts to rain,

In the mirror I stand all night
Holding on gripping so tight,
So in the mirror I count 1,2
And in the mirror I wish for you…,

This roleplay is going to be moderately hosted. You can choose a character from any time line, genre, from the new world itself, or even from another roleplay. Powers are limited. They all must mesh together. (i.e. you cant have lightning powers if you’re a mind reader.) I am going to be very strict on where players are, do not get separated from each other, and with what your characters do and do not know. (You cant know about a fight in a bar if your down the street talking to someone in the market.) I will be sending private messages about what your characters see or know. You can also post in the sign up/OOC thread with questions for me regarding your characters. If I feel you are not taking this seriously then I will ask you to leave the thread. Posts must be 4 sentences or more.

The roleplay begins with each player being drawn into another world through a mirror. How it happens will be Pmed to you. Your characters will find themselves in a new world. Odd and new creatures inhabit the land, as well as humans. All are from various timelines. Your characters will learn that they were trapped within a wizards looking glass. Within are 4 other powerful beings who had a looking glass as well. As your characters entered the world, their only means of escape was destroyed. Now, they must find the pieces of the looking glass if they have any hopes of returning to their world and defeating the man who trapped them.

--
The sun had just risen. Matilda rose and stretched her stiff body. Her watch was done. She went to wake Ranger and take a short nap while he got about cooking breakfast. A flash of light off to the west caught her attention. She stood for a moment. Was it lightning? She didnt smell rain. Perhaps it was just a flair from the sun. As she turned away, several other flashes lit up the sky. She realized Ranger was awake and watching them as well. He regarded the flairs in silence. She knew that he would answer her questions or give her orders in due time.

Ranger rose from his bedroll and began making came. She had her answer. They were going to investigate the flash. They worked quickly to break camp and catch their horses. Birds were welcoming the new day as they finally set out across the land.

--

You will wake up in the new world. Your heads and body will most likely hurt since you fell from the sky. Nothing will be broken, but it wasnt a very soft landing.

The land around you is split into different sections based upon seasons. To the North, you can see snow and mountains. To the East it is wet and raining. To the South it is hot and dry, as well as. To the west it will be rolling hills covered in grass and flowers. Between each section you will have the subdivisions: tropical, arctic, ect.

The hill you are on seems too be the center of the world. Around you lay stone columns that have crumbled and fallen over time. It would have been a grand alter back in the day. Now it was nothing more than weathered stone. As of now, you cannot see any animals.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2012 09:16 PM
DangerousBeauty is currently offline Click here to Send DangerousBeauty a Private Message Find more posts by DangerousBeauty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

Synapse was the first to wake up, as soon as he did, panic gripped him like iron chains.
Where am I?
Who was that old guy?
What is this?
How am I here?
What was up with that mirror?
Am I going to die?
Shut up and get a grip!!

A powerful voice sounded in his head. It was the voice of Synapse's former mentor. Synapse knew full well that the old man was dead, and the the voice was merely a memory, but it was enough to make him sit up and listen.
You are a mind mage. What is the point of all this power if you can't be quiet and use your head? Calm down and think, boy!
Synapse shook himself. Of course, the old man was right. Thrashing around like a fish out of water wasn't going to help him. He relaxed back into the uncomfortable earth, and in just a few seconds, he felt his consciousness explode forth like a great wave, rolling over everything. There were others here, just like him. Had they all fell the same way he had, though a magic mirror? The mentalist explored with his mind for a while, taking in his strange surroundings. As far as he could tell, he was on a hill that appeared to be the very centre of the world. The land around him was divided neatly into different sections of weather, very unlike the real world. Another curious phenomenon that Synapse noted was the apparent lack of animals. How did this place work without a proper weather system and animals?
Believing to have seen enough, Synapse opened his eyes properly, and got to his feet, wincing as the bruises on his body announced their presence. He didn't much like the situation he was in, no more than he liked the fact that the old man in the mirror had somehow overpowered him, the most powerful individual on earth, with such ease. Next time I see that old man, I'll show him what true power is! Synapse promised himself.

Last edited by MadMel on Feb 5th, 2012 at 02:15 AM

Old Post Feb 5th, 2012 02:10 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
(>^^)>
is it there yet?

What the hells had happened? Last he remembered Eldritch was watching nazi's burn and then tere was that old dude, then wa he fallig? Must have been falling because the landing hurt quite a bit. He moved his arms with a groan and pulled himself up, first to sitting then to his feet he looked around the new and unfamilar place he was in, grabbing a snack from up his sleeve as he did, "anybody else have a feeling kansas is long gone?" he asked the others around him

Lilypop Shots on XBOX
Lilipopshots on insragram

Old Post Feb 5th, 2012 08:38 PM
(>^^)> is currently offline Click here to Send (>^^)> a Private Message Find more posts by (>^^)> Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

Synapse had to briefly scan the newcomer's mind in order to get the joke, but even so he felt his efforts wasted - It still wasn't all that funny. He did, however, promise himself not to look any further into the stranger's thoughts. That would just be rude. "More importantly," he said, "did everyone else see an old man? I get the feeling he's behind all of this nonsense."

Old Post Feb 8th, 2012 12:47 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XvampbenjiiX666
Commander Cadaver

"I'm going to break that damned mirror and...myself? No because it wasn't myself...where the Hell am I?" Benjii groaned as he opened his eyes slowly, squinting through the pain of a throbbing headache. He sat up slowly, grunting as he noticed other pain from his body. He blinked a couple of times as he opened his eyes a little more, looking around slowly. For the first time, he noticed that others were amongst him...others he didn't know. He glared a little, not sure what was going on. "Who are you? Where are we?" He looked down at his clothes and tilted his head "and why was i attacked by...myself and my wife's mirror?" He looked back up, a slight confused look on his face.

Thank you Scythe. "Take one last look at your shining Heaven, Imperius. For soon, nothing of it shall remain, but my laughter..."

Old Post Feb 8th, 2012 03:21 AM
XvampbenjiiX666 is currently offline Click here to Send XvampbenjiiX666 a Private Message Find more posts by XvampbenjiiX666 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DangerousBeauty

"I can see people at the ruins!" Matilda called as they rode towards the hill. Three figures stood out clearly against the crumbled stone and sky. From the bottom of the hill Ranger could see that they were not from this world.

"He hasnt sent more through the mirror in a while. Thats odd." Ranger muttered to himself. "Hello up there!" He called tot he men. His hand laid upon his bow. Matilda watched the men from her saddle. Neither of them dared step foot upon the hill.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2012 05:55 AM
DangerousBeauty is currently offline Click here to Send DangerousBeauty a Private Message Find more posts by DangerousBeauty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XvampbenjiiX666
Commander Cadaver

Benjii looked for the source of the new voices, still confused as to what was going on. He stood up slowly, arms stretched out to keep his balance. "Hello? Who's there?" He looked around until finally noticing the two at the bottom of the hill. Squinting, he could see it was a man and woman and that the man was carrying a bow. Benjii tensed up slightly, ready to attack if need be. "Hello down there. Who are you two and why the Hell are we here? Better yet, where the Hell is here?" He his claws grow slowly, wishing, for the first time, that he and Infernus were never seperated.
(using a ps3 so line judging is a little bit of a challenge)

Thank you Scythe. "Take one last look at your shining Heaven, Imperius. For soon, nothing of it shall remain, but my laughter..."

Old Post Feb 19th, 2012 03:30 PM
XvampbenjiiX666 is currently offline Click here to Send XvampbenjiiX666 a Private Message Find more posts by XvampbenjiiX666 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
(>^^)>
is it there yet?

(*listens to lovely cricket songs* sorry for not posting before my absence)
Eldritch bowed to the other victims of similar fates around him it was a bow of great dignity and composure that he did so naturally it was clearly habitual and done very often.
"I am Nathan Eldritch, pleased to meet you all of course," he told them as he straightened up and fixed his right glove with a gentle tug, it stuck out from the green and brown clothing he wore that was soaked in mud and spots of blood with a couple belts with pouches and ammo clips for the rifle on his back and pistol at his side. His head snapped towards the sound of a more distant greeting than the groans and complaints of these men, paying little mind to any danger that may be present he approached the peak of the hill to get a proper look at the man below "hello kind sir! You wouldn't happen to be able to tell me where I am or better yet how I may return to London...though it doesn't have to be London, any major city shall I suppose."

Lilypop Shots on XBOX

Old Post Feb 27th, 2012 06:04 PM
(>^^)> is currently offline Click here to Send (>^^)> a Private Message Find more posts by (>^^)> Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

"I don't think that would be possible, given the present circumstances." Synapse had moved closer to the others. "We are in a realm far removed from our own, or rather, far removed our respective homes." He started walking downhill, towards the newcomers. "You two. Can you please tell us where we are? I could force the answers from you, but I would rather be courteous. I'm synapse, by the way."

Old Post Mar 1st, 2012 04:42 AM
XvampbenjiiX666
Commander Cadaver

Benjii stared at Synapse as he walked down the hill to the newcomers. "Did you just threaten the only people around that may know how to get us back home to our loved ones?!" His confusion faded to anger as he kept seeing the mirror version of himself hug and kiss his wife. Glaring, he started walking down the hill as well, catching up to Synapse. "I don't know who you are but I won't let you hinder my chances of getting back home..."

Old Post Mar 1st, 2012 04:00 PM
MadMel
Heh

"If you listened carefully to what I said, you would know I did no such thing," Synapse replied cooly. "I'm merely stating the truth. After all, lying or concealing the truth can be extremely rude when you're the only person who can." He turned away from Benjii, intent on hearing an answer from Matilda and Ranger.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2012 06:26 AM
XvampbenjiiX666
Commander Cadaver

Benjii growled and walked past Synapse, staring at the two at the bottom of the hill. "I'll do the talking. Courteous my ass." he stopped and remembered that the man down the hill might have a weapon. "Maybe you can do the talking since you have SUCH a way with words. Please, after you..." he smiled as he waited, thinking to himself, "And maybe they might kill you. Or maybe I might...kind of hungry."

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2012 06:38 PM
MadMel
Heh

*You may be going hungry for a while then, vampire...* There was a faint note of amusement in Synapse's mental voice as he spoke telepathically to Benjii's mind. The mentalist had not turned around nor spoken aloud, but stood waiting patiently for an answer that was yet to be given.
*Fascinating... two thousand years and still you have a seventeen year old's attitude... Ah! But once again I am prying. Forgive me. It's a bad habit my master never quite worked out of me. All the same, I think you should know - I believe these people don't intend to harm us. They merely arm themselves in self defense.*
In that case, Synapse thought only to himself, the real question is why? Perhaps we are not the first to arrive in this fashion... How many people has that old man claimed with his damned mirror?

Old Post Mar 4th, 2012 03:00 AM
XvampbenjiiX666
Commander Cadaver

Benjii blinked as he listened to Synapse talk to him telepathically. "You would think I'd be upset that someone is in my head. Surprisingly, I'm used to it...damn her..." he sighed as he thought of Kiki. "Look, Ijust want to get back to my family and my...friend. And most of all, I want to get back and kill the bastard whom brought me here!" He realised he had been shouting and went quiet, staring down the hill.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2012 06:05 AM
MadMel
Heh

Seeing Benji make a fool of himself had broken some of the tension Synapse had been feeling since he had arrived in this strange place. He started to laugh. "I guess the term 'inner monologue' is lost on you," he said, still chuckling. "I think we all want to get back to our respect homes, and of course seek revenge on this mirror man. The thing is, how do we go about it?"

Old Post Mar 18th, 2012 03:55 AM
XvampbenjiiX666
Commander Cadaver

Benjjii tilted his head towards the people down the hill. "Maybe they might know how to get home or at least tell us where we are. I am really going to need a stiff drink after this is over with." He looked at the man down the hill, thinking. "How are we going to let him know that shooting at us won't be such good idea? Don't feel like killing one of the only people that can help us because of a misunderstanding." He blinked as a wave of nausea swept over him.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2012 07:25 PM
DangerousBeauty

"Ranger are these people sane? Perhaps the fall harmed their minds! Or worse! Ranger the Wizard has stolen their sanity!" Matilda drew a sign over her heart to ward off the devil as she spoke of the Wizard. She didnt know if the foul man had the ability to steal a mans sanity, but he could send people to a new and strange world. She assumed that is what happened here. One man.. And odd looking man... Was shouting about the mirror man and his wife. "Oh Ranger.. They have family on the other side.. Poor souls." She shook her head sadly.

Ranger was not impressed. He sat quietly until the two were done bickering like the birds in the spring country. He kept his bow strung, but placed the arrow back in the quiver. 'No point in having this ready.' He thought. 'These two couldnt lift a sword' He stood in his stirrups and shaded his eyes with his hand. "Come down! We do not set foot upon this hill! You will have to come to us." Ranger called to the men. In a lower tone he spoke to Matilda. "Stay back. Keep your hand on your bow. If they strike me down, ride fast. Shoot my horse so they cannot follow." Matilda nodded grimly.

The two waited for the men to come down the hill.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2012 02:50 AM
XvampbenjiiX666
Commander Cadaver

Benjii raised an eyebrow at the man down the hill. Slowly he started walking down the hill again, staring ahead. "Hey! What's wrong with the hill that scares you from setting foot on it? It's just a trashed hill in the middle of some screwed up reality." He stops at the base of the hill, looking the two over. He bit his lip as he smelled the blood of the two, his hunger rising. "H-hi..."

Old Post Mar 20th, 2012 03:20 AM
MadMel
Heh

They really are wary of us. What manner of people have been here before? Synapse thought as he too walked down to the base of the hill. "You can relax. We are not here to harm you..." Intentionally. he added in his mind, glancing sideways at Benjii. "We just want answers, so please, do not shoot us. That would be bad."

Old Post Mar 20th, 2012 06:09 AM
(>^^)>
is it there yet?

Eldritch looked down the hill and around him at the ruins, he walked through the ruins, large stone pillars, he looked down at the people that descended the hill, he stepped behind a column and ran his hand over the stone, he disapeared.

The Packs on one of thehorses started moving, shaking, a hand burst out of the bag's opening, followed by anotherarm and aleg, Eldritch pulled himself from the bag and fell on the ground, he picked himself up and brushed himself off that wasnot quite the destination he wanted but it would have to do. He walked ove to the others, his white gloved hand flicked his wrist forward when he stepped up next to the woman asingle rose flew from his sleeve into his hand with the flick, he bowed and offered her the flower,
"please accept this gift as a token of my appreciation for finding us here, where exactly is here?" he asked, tilting his head to lookup at her

Lilypop Shots on XBOX

Old Post Mar 21st, 2012 04:34 AM