KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Improving Zilla's(Godzilla 1998) Design(report)Comic/Movie!

Improving Zilla's(Godzilla 1998) Design(report)Comic/Movie!
Started by: The Prophecy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Prophecy
The One Above all

Improving Zilla's(Godzilla 1998) Design(report)Comic/Movie!

This is also a comic /movie I'm working on.
Ok here are some pics of Zilla's design that I'm doing research on . It's just hard to figure out how can I improve him to make him more of a challenge for Godzilla. In this report I will describe on what I feel needs improving in 8
different categories:

1. Construction
2. Flexibility and Agility
3. Tail
4. Atomic Breath
5. Arms and Claws
6. Strength
7. Durability
8. Relations

1. Construction

(please log in to view the image)
As you can see in this pic Zilla's design is very sleek and slim. This not only allows him to move swiftly on land but makes him an incredible swimmer and jumper(As said on Toho Kingdom). However if Zilla is hit by an opponent that gives powerful blows (ex:Godzilla) he is taken down very easily. So my question here is how can he fast but at the same time tough to bring down?

2. Flexibility and Agility

Flexible and agile these are also also advantages as a lightweight.Which also allows him to climb buildings and other objects around him. However his slim figure can still be broken easily, so my question here is how can he maintain this while not being so stiff and too "thick"?

3. Tail

For some apparant reason Zilla never seemed to use his tall as much as I thought he would have it's seems powerful. It's definitely long enough. So my question to you is how powerful do you think his tail really is?

4. Atomic Breath

[CENTER](please log in to view the image)
(Not a very good picture of it by the way)
Even though you may only have seem it in the animated series we all know that his Atomic Breath is no where near as powerful as Godzilla's.So how about we amp up that AB of his,huh?

Old Post Aug 15th, 2007 04:29 PM
The Prophecy is currently offline Click here to Send The Prophecy a Private Message Find more posts by The Prophecy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Prophecy
The One Above all

5. Arms and Claws

Now his arm are one of his best features. Long and movable they actually do come in handy along with his claws during battle.. But being a lttle bit too think the barely pose a threat to powerhouses such as Godzilla. So how exactly can we fix this?

[CENTER]6. Strength
Being a very thin character he's like a feather compared to Godzilla. Increasing his weight might actually improve his strength right?

7. Durablity
Now this is the big one. Being able to get hurt by missiles ( even with an exoskeleton) from fighter jets and bleed can pose as a major problem in battle. I believe improving his durability can also make him a better challenger ,right?

8.Relations

Here's some more images of both dragons and iguanas.

Here I believe the spikes on the head be a great feature(just my opinion)

Now the reason I picked this pic was because the long neck reminded me of Zilla's and that it's are maybe way Zilla's arms should either resemble or be exactly the same as. This mkes the beast look powerful(next to the fire of course,lol)

Now here is where Zilla's form was origined from. I figure you already see the family resemblance right?

Old Post Aug 15th, 2007 04:30 PM
The Prophecy is currently offline Click here to Send The Prophecy a Private Message Find more posts by The Prophecy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Prophecy
The One Above all

Here's another pic of an iguana. In fact now you even see more of a resemblance.However I picked these pics so you can see some missing features that might have been helpful with Zilla's design.
[/CENTER]

Extra: In my opinion I just love the way his face is shaped. His chin just seems to give him a look of majesty and power. However it's not the same feeling if you continue going down,lol.

Something to think about; If you never knew who Zilla was in this picture at first glance he seems to be a force to be reckoned with. His eye seems to scream destruction, So how can we make this come true for this amazing creature?

Here's a little over-draw I did of Zilla I added some extra features.

1.Spikes/Thorns
2.More Armor around the neck and eyes.

Here I redrew the image above with a little more detail:

Here I gave him armor on the top of his head that will continue down his back. I also extended the length of his face to give him a more sleeker look. Then you my not notice but the teeth are bigger( I get into more detail with that soon)Then I continued with the thorns,and the armor on the neck. I also made his chin a little longer to give him a look that says he's a king. Along with the armor around the
eyes(which I also darkened)

(please log in to view the image)[/CENTER]
Here's another image that goes with this one:

In this image I show the armor in the chest and on the upper part of his head also on his shoulder.

Another image you can see the teeth better.

Powers I had in mind:
Cosmic-Atomic Ray (Power Beam)(explained in origin)
Regeneration Factor
Almost Indestructible (8.5-9/10)
Enhanced Strength
Speed
Agility
Swimmer/Jumper/Burrower
Powerful Tail
Enhanced Hurricane Breath
Great Animal Instinct
Produces a deadly gas from his mouth(rarely used)
Retractable claws(claws can get longer)
Larger and Sharper teeth(Powerful Bite)
Armor not only serves as protection but it also gives him energy form the cosmos when needed(usually for his 2 signature moves Destruction Ray and
also gives his claws extra energy[no name yet])
Can breath In Space

Old Post Aug 15th, 2007 04:30 PM
Kal-El_08
Restricted

Account Restricted

Okay, I see you're serious about this but how are you going to pull off making the movie? Do you have any experience making movies? Have you gone to school? I just want to know because this interests me as I loved the American Godzilla movie.

"It wasn't even about the eggs. Quite frankly I like the eggs, I don't have no...problem with...It's just there's always been a lot of tension between me & Lois. It's not so much as I want to kill her...I just want her...to not be...alive anymore. I sometimes wonder if all women are this difficult. Then I think to myself, wouldn't it be MARVELOUS if I turned out to be a homosexual?"

Old Post Aug 15th, 2007 06:46 PM
Kal-El_08 is currently offline Click here to Send Kal-El_08 a Private Message Find more posts by Kal-El_08 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kal-El_08
Restricted

Account Restricted

Btw, your designs are great & I think if you can pull this film off you should keep it where the spikes point upward & he should be a little thicker but still agile & able to move fast. I also think more of his super-strength should be shown & he should pick up & throw more objects.

"It wasn't even about the eggs. Quite frankly I like the eggs, I don't have no...problem with...It's just there's always been a lot of tension between me & Lois. It's not so much as I want to kill her...I just want her...to not be...alive anymore. I sometimes wonder if all women are this difficult. Then I think to myself, wouldn't it be MARVELOUS if I turned out to be a homosexual?"

Old Post Aug 15th, 2007 06:52 PM
Kal-El_08 is currently offline Click here to Send Kal-El_08 a Private Message Find more posts by Kal-El_08 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Prophecy
The One Above all

Dont want to make him too thick but hi's design will be adjusted over-time.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2007 07:57 PM
roughrider
Thunderer

The movie Godzilla was fine. No need for you to obsess over this.
This is the wrong forum anyway.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Aug 15th, 2007 10:02 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kal-El_08
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well, we'll see if he can even pull off a film in due time. I doubt it, but it'd be something new & nice to see.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2007 10:18 PM
Kal-El_08
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The Prophecy
Dont want to make him too thick but hi's design will be adjusted over-time.

Still, he should be a little thicker.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2007 10:19 PM
MightyEInherjar
Two Ravens Above Us

Pfft, Zilla got his ass handed to him like a school girl in Godzilla: Final Wars.

I suggest watching him get destroyed in his little cameo, and see what you'd like to improve on from there.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2007 05:12 AM
MightyEInherjar is currently offline Click here to Send MightyEInherjar a Private Message Find more posts by MightyEInherjar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kal-El_08
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well, making him faster, stronger & having more invulnerability is a start.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2007 06:04 AM
Takion

I like the Crocodile teeth

Thank You Scarlet Speed/Flash/Surfer/GL smile

Old Post Aug 20th, 2007 10:17 PM
Takion is currently offline Click here to Send Takion a Private Message Find more posts by Takion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kal-El_08
Restricted

Account Restricted

He should have teeth like a T-Rex, it'd make him look more vicious.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2007 11:26 PM
Power Cosmic II
BigG > Mad Celestial Host

As a loooooooong-time fan of Godzilla I have to say that I really prefer the mutated T-Rex look (Gojira/Japanese Godzilla) to the mutated iguana look ('Zilla/American Godzilla).

I just can't view a mutated iguana serieously (for a large monster)

"It is unwise to battle the Power Cosmic." - Silver Surfer

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2007 01:03 AM
Power Cosmic II is currently offline Click here to Send Power Cosmic II a Private Message Find more posts by Power Cosmic II Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kal-El_08
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'd love it if the look of Zilla could be modified to look like that of a T-Rex from the Jurassic Park films. That could turn out great.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2007 06:19 AM
The Prophecy
The One Above all

I'm starting on the project again. Are there any other suggestions or comments?
What are the pros and cons of Zilla's design?

Old Post Dec 29th, 2007 08:27 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Zilla was crap, Hell he even got killed off in Godzila: final wars by the king of monsters himself.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2007 12:50 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Prophecy
The One Above all

You have to understand that Zilla was purposely defeated by Godzilla in that short amount of time on purpose so that Japan could show how much of a disgrace Zilla was to the Godzilla Franchise.As a Kaiju he's an excellent monster. I believe he deserves to have alternate versions of himself. That's what I'm working on.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2007 11:52 PM
Micheal_Myers
KMC's resident thrasher!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The Prophecy
You have to understand that Zilla was purposely defeated by Godzilla in that short amount of time on purpose so that Japan could show how much of a disgrace Zilla was to the Godzilla Franchise.As a Kaiju he's an excellent monster. I believe he deserves to have alternate versions of himself. That's what I'm working on.

If I remember correctly. I read an interview where they stated, they simply wanted to she how much more powerful the original is. The original Godzilla is superior in power, you even said it yourself. So, if they ever did encounter eachother again. Godzilla would pwn him, just like in Final Wars.

P.S. These comments are based on knowledge, not favoritism. Though I do prefer the original, I also love Zilla.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2008 05:49 AM
Micheal_Myers is currently offline Click here to Send Micheal_Myers a Private Message Find more posts by Micheal_Myers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CyborgHolliday
Vagrant

you worked on thsi on the atari forums...Zilla fails bub

Old Post Jan 25th, 2008 05:54 AM
CyborgHolliday is currently offline Click here to Send CyborgHolliday a Private Message Find more posts by CyborgHolliday Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote