KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » The Hobbit vs Lord of the Rings

Which is better
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
The Lord of the Rings 13 65.00%
The Hobbit 2 10.00%
I like both equally 2 10.00%
It depends on the LOTR film. 3 15.00%
Total: 20 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The Hobbit vs Lord of the Rings
Started by: C-3POTheClever

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
C-3POTheClever

The Hobbit vs Lord of the Rings

Which do you like better out of the Hobbit & LOTR?

Old Post Feb 24th, 2013 09:42 PM
C-3POTheClever is currently offline Click here to Send C-3POTheClever a Private Message Find more posts by C-3POTheClever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Since only one of the Hobbit is released, it's not a fair comparison.

But I'll take any of the LotR over Unexpected Journey any day.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2013 07:12 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

I much prefer An Unexpected Journey over the Fellowship.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Feb 25th, 2013 03:15 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Fellowship>Unexpected Journey>>>Two Towers and ROTK

I wanted to put Unexpected Journey higher, because the Hobbit was/is my favorite children's book ever, but they changed a lot and split it into two movies needlessly which annoyed me.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Last edited by Omega Vision on Feb 25th, 2013 at 05:28 PM

Old Post Feb 25th, 2013 05:25 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
C-3POTheClever

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Fellowship>Unexpected Journey>>>Two Towers and ROTK

I wanted to put Unexpected Journey higher, because the Hobbit was/is my favorite children's book ever, but they changed a lot and split it into two movies needlessly which annoyed me.
Not just 2, but 3.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2013 08:04 PM
C-3POTheClever is currently offline Click here to Send C-3POTheClever a Private Message Find more posts by C-3POTheClever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Originally posted by C-3POTheClever
Not just 2, but 3.

From what I understand the third movie may not be a part of the story proper but a supplemental account.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2013 05:38 AM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Since only one of the Hobbit is released, it's not a fair comparison.

thumb up

Old Post Feb 26th, 2013 09:44 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
elrond72

I agree lets wait until all 3 films are released before we can make a fair comparison. Plus splitting into 3 films means we can see more of the back stories such as Gandalfs journey into Dol Guldur and the first hints at the degeneration of Saruman by trying to stop driving the Necromancer (ie Sauron) from Mirkwood. In the words of Treebeard, lets not be hasty!!

Old Post Feb 26th, 2013 11:55 PM
elrond72 is currently offline Click here to Send elrond72 a Private Message Find more posts by elrond72 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Knowing Jackson, all three films might get extended versions later.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2013 07:54 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
C-3POTheClever

I think I've heard they will

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2013 01:01 AM
JohnathanP

For me its Hobbit.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2013 10:05 PM
JohnathanP is currently offline Click here to Send JohnathanP a Private Message Find more posts by JohnathanP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ajayaggarwal254
Restricted

Account Restricted

I like both equally

Old Post Oct 25th, 2013 05:27 AM
ajayaggarwal254 is currently offline Click here to Send ajayaggarwal254 a Private Message Find more posts by ajayaggarwal254 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sorrowmovie

Originally posted by ajayaggarwal254
I like both equally

me too...

Old Post Apr 4th, 2015 04:52 AM
sorrowmovie is currently offline Click here to Send sorrowmovie a Private Message Find more posts by sorrowmovie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

The Lord of the Rings is in a league of it's own to be honest.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2015 05:34 AM
AncientPower is currently offline Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PaulsHomeAlone

Love

Both equally 6 of the best movies out there.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2015 02:00 AM
PaulsHomeAlone is currently offline Click here to Send PaulsHomeAlone a Private Message Find more posts by PaulsHomeAlone Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by AncientPower
The Lord of the Rings is in a league of it's own to be honest.

thumb up

Old Post Dec 25th, 2015 10:06 PM
NemeBro

LotR. It helps that it had a considerably better source material.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2015 10:39 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

LoTR by far, some of my favorite movies all around. Ones I can start watching at any point of the film and enjoy.

In order of preference:

TT/Fellowship
RoTK

Unexpected
Desolation
Five Armies

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Dec 29th, 2015 07:17 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Well, LOTR is by far the better of both trilogies. They compacted a huge book into three movies and by compacting it they made it in several places better than the book.

The Hobbit is a bloated, unrestrained, self indulgent soufflé movie. He should have made a 2,5 hour movie out of it. Now every little tidbit they came up with became a huge scene..

To me it's like: oh, we have to get them from A to B, how can we turn this shoe leather scene into a huge, humungous chase scene? (like the barrel scene or the (see extended edition) ice river chase in Battle of Five Armies.

LOTR was about a couple of hobbits getting the ring to Mordor and about the fate of Middle Earth. The Hobbit should have been about a hobbit and a quest for gold. And it was about a lot of things, but Bilbo was more a sideline than the focus of these movies.
Fun to watch... but a bit boring and definitely overblown. They could have ditched the Tauriel storyline, Legolas, Galadriel (although Cate did an awesome job) and a lot of other things. Even Dol Guldur was a bit too much. And... the orcs. These ones totally diminished the meaning of the Uruk Hai: huge bred orcs than can go by daylight. Unique? Well, Middle Earth was swarming with them in The Hobbit. They ruined the Uruk Hai, if you ask me.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2015 10:38 AM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote