KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Is the Thing in Class 100? YES

The Thing is in Class 100?
This poll is closed.
Yes 2 50.00%
No 2 50.00%
Total: 4 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Is the Thing in Class 100? YES
Started by: Spider Boy94

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Spider Boy94

Warning Is the Thing in Class 100? YES

I noticed that in many forums Americans and Europeans, The is considered by a lot of people to be a Class 100

by "a lot of people", not by all

Why?
Because there are Marvel Handbook that say no (nonsense as Class 85-90 laughing )
but in the COMICS, the Thing has lift a lot of things heavier than 100 tons: skyscrapers, bridges, oil platforms, spacecraft gigantic pyramids
once defeated a machine that could move a planet

and beat people who can do it
a lot of people

this would be enough to justify his Class 100 (or Top Tier)

but, this is the DEFINITIVE PROOF

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Oct 10th, 2012 08:31 PM
Spider Boy94 is currently offline Click here to Send Spider Boy94 a Private Message Find more posts by Spider Boy94 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spider Boy94

Sorry, are not yet able to load the scans

Attachment: cl100dddd.jpg
This has been downloaded 84 time(s).

Old Post Oct 10th, 2012 08:34 PM
Spider Boy94 is currently offline Click here to Send Spider Boy94 a Private Message Find more posts by Spider Boy94 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Naaaaa just means he has experience dealing with class 100 threats which he does. As per the recent handbooks he is class 80

Old Post Oct 10th, 2012 08:38 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spider Boy94

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -K-M-
Naaaaa just means he has experience dealing with class 100 threats which he does. As per the recent handbooks he is class 80

no, they compared it to abomination smile
they seach for someone to train with the Class 100, to beat Abomination
and choose the Thing, because is a class 100

Comics >>> HandBook
The Thing has lift in many occasion hundreds tons

Last edited by Spider Boy94 on Oct 10th, 2012 at 08:46 PM

Old Post Oct 10th, 2012 08:41 PM
-K-M-

Thing when he was specifically listed as class 80 even in the 70-80's has fought the Hulk, Namor, Juggeranut, etc. all true class 100 fighters but he himself wasnt. In that scene they were not calling him class 100, just that he has dealt with class 100 characters

That scan is far from concrete proof. Sorry.

Last edited by -K-M- on Oct 10th, 2012 at 09:02 PM

Old Post Oct 10th, 2012 08:58 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spider Boy94

yes... a Class 80 xD
a Class 80 who defeating She hulk, Namor, b beast, kree sentry's, black bolt, saquatach, Wonderman, dragon man

who can lift excess of 100 tons
who can fight on par with Hulk, Hercules, Hyperion, Champion

maybe you and I read different comics big grin
there aren't proof IN THE COMICS, they say that it is not a class 100

Old Post Oct 10th, 2012 09:05 PM
-K-M-

and guess what? People far weaker then that have matched those characters and beat them as well. Does that mean the likes of say Shatterstar is class 100 who recently got the better of Thing? No.

Also he never defeated Sasquatch may want to reread that. Also when did he beat a non-mind controlled Wonderman?

Old Post Oct 10th, 2012 09:15 PM
Spider Boy94

The Thing drew with the Professor Hulk (Class 100) in armwrestle match ( Peter David's story )
Namor wet (Class 100?) can't break his grip ( Lee and Kirby story)
Iron Man (Class 100?) can't break his grip
Ultron (Class 100) said: "your strength is equal mine"
She Hulk lifting 75 tons, said "I'm not in Thing's Class" (by John Byrne)
Silver Surfer must by use the power cosmic to arrive at Thing's strength level (Lee and Kirby story)

The Thing is in Class 100 since 80'-90' years
COMICS >>>>>> Handbook

he had can lifted excess of 100 tons
he had fought on par with Hulk, Hercules, Hyperion, Champion

Do you want see the scans?

Old Post Oct 11th, 2012 11:40 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

Lol. Stop trolling, Mungi.

Spider Boy, nobody really uses handbooks as a primary basis on this forum anyway. You're not telling us anything we don't know.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2012 01:26 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Grips really are pretty impressive and indicate class 100 right? Guess Black Panther is now one too

Old Post Oct 11th, 2012 01:39 PM
-K-M-

Originally posted by Digi
Lol. Stop trolling, Mungi.

Spider Boy, nobody really uses handbooks as a primary basis on this forum anyway. You're not telling us anything we don't know.

Sssssh your runining my fun, but he is using some faulty logic though

Old Post Oct 11th, 2012 01:40 PM
Spider Boy94

Originally posted by Digi

I know, I visited your forum for a year before log in wink
I said "Comics > Handbook" because another user has mentioned them

Old Post Oct 11th, 2012 01:42 PM
Spider Boy94

Grips really are pretty impressive and indicate class 100 right? Guess Black Panther is now one too

in this occasion Surfer is weakened
proves nothing

What about the other times that I mentioned?

Old Post Oct 11th, 2012 01:44 PM
-K-M-

Actually no he wasn't, he was weakened LATER on in the story but not there

No need to address them as holding someone does not indicate someone is stronger if you do it properly. Professor Hulk isn't class 100 in his base form, neither is oldschool Iron Man or Ultron they amp. I recall the Namor scene.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2012 01:47 PM
Spider Boy94

Actually no he wasn't, he was weakened LATER on in the story but not there

No need to address them as holding someone does not indicate someone is stronger if you do it properly. Professor Hulk isn't class 100 in his base form, neither is oldschool Iron Man or Ultron they amp. I recall the Namor scene.

Iron Man maybe not .... perhaps
but Ultron is
and also Hulk ... in its basic form is a class 100
exactly as Namor wet

however, Iron Man is in 2000' years

Old Post Oct 11th, 2012 01:52 PM
-K-M-

Show me old-school Ultron being class 100

No Hulk is not

Yeah and it contradicated a few other apperances. He physically dragged him out of the water. I don't think even you would argue Thing is stronger then Namor in the water

Perhaps Im thinking of a different Iron Man scene? Was the scene with Iron Man recent? Issue and or scan? Regardless not like grip dictates if someone is stronger or not.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2012 01:56 PM
Spider Boy94

Professor Hulk base is Class 100
Ultron isn't old school

a grip does not prove who is stronger? absurd
it seems to me that you do not want to accept the real strength of the thing

yes, I know that AVX when he beat Namor, Ben Grimm became obnoxious to many readers

Attachment: ironman27ir.jpg
This has been downloaded 54 time(s).

Old Post Oct 11th, 2012 02:12 PM
-K-M-

Prove it then

It doesn't, hence why cops can secure people bigger and stronger then them using propery techiques. That actually is even accepted in the real world. Strength helps, but technqiue is what actually secures people

Naaaa I like Ben, and to be honest I DO think he is class 100 (or just a sea hair below) and was as Digi said poking fun. However, you are using some faulty logic and not examples to prove he is class 100 and the examples you posted you took out of context.

FYI, Thing merely trapped Namor with the fish's teeth in AvX, but literally in the last panel when Thing comes out of the water we can see Namor flying out at the same time. He wasn't KO'ed just temporaly held.

If you don't mind me asking, how old are you?

Old Post Oct 11th, 2012 02:27 PM
Spider Boy94

I already did
exactly how I prove the strength of the Thing

Old Post Oct 11th, 2012 05:02 PM
-K-M-

*facepalm*

Old Post Oct 11th, 2012 07:50 PM