KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Most Powerful Cinematic Marvel Hero to date

Most Powerful Marvel Hero On Film So Far(2011)
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Ghost Rider 0 0%
Hulk (Ang Lee version) 3 11.11%
Incredible Hulk 2 7.41%
Jean Grey 3 11.11%
Magneto 0 0%
Professor X 0 0%
Silver Surfer 11 40.74%
Storm 0 0%
Thor 5 18.52%
Other 3 11.11%
Total: 27 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Most Powerful Cinematic Marvel Hero to date
Started by: roughrider

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
roughrider
Thunderer

Most Powerful Cinematic Marvel Hero to date

As I post this, I'm still undecided as to who I pick.

Thoughts?

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jan 26th, 2012 08:07 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cogito

If this is Jean from X-Men 3, and she's actually trying, then she probably wins. Unless she's going up against Wolverine...

Haven't seen Ghost Rider though, and SS is a wild card.

"And then there was nothing. A once broken something now void.
And on the first day, Doom spoke...
'Be.'
And then there was life."

Old Post Jan 26th, 2012 09:11 PM
Cogito is currently offline Click here to Send Cogito a Private Message Find more posts by Cogito Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

As I was posting this, I suddenly thought if I should have put Odin on the list. If I did the debate would be over, since he should undoubtedly be able to defeat any of them. But I considered him a background player in Thor and not actively engaged in heroics.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2012 10:31 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bouboumaster

IMO, it's between Magneto, Hulk (Ang Lee) and Silver Surfer

Old Post Jan 27th, 2012 02:38 AM
Bouboumaster is currently offline Click here to Send Bouboumaster a Private Message Find more posts by Bouboumaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

quote: (post)
Originally posted by roughrider
As I was posting this, I suddenly thought if I should have put Odin on the list. If I did the debate would be over, since he should undoubtedly be able to defeat any of them. But I considered him a background player in Thor and not actively engaged in heroics.

Odin didn't do much in the movie though. Hulk is the strongest IMO.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2012 02:45 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by ares834
Odin didn't do much in the movie though. Hulk is the strongest IMO.

Hulk may be the strongest, but not the most powerful. Difference there.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2012 04:31 PM
ares834

Fair enough. He is the most powerful as well IMO.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2012 08:52 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Surfer, Thor, and Jean are the most powerful ones, imo.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2012 09:01 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

it should be the surfer but he didn't really do anything and actually appeared rather unimpressive. I say, Jean Grey as Phoenix easily. Then...,HULK

Old Post Jan 28th, 2012 02:11 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
I'm gonna go with this.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jan 28th, 2012 02:57 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Wolverine tanked the Phoenix force. He wins.

I'm voting Thor.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Jan 28th, 2012 04:27 PM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by Badabing
Wolverine tanked the Phoenix force. He wins.

I'm voting Thor.
True I'm going between SS and Thor

SS did have the Galactus explosion feat which seemed very awesome

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jan 28th, 2012 04:37 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Movie versions.. Have to go with Surfer.

He was drilling holes in the Earth with ease, flying from one side of the Universe to the other, could walk right through IW's forcefields, and had enough energy in him to blow up a huge cloud which was going to eat the Earth lol

Old Post Jan 29th, 2012 11:13 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

1. Surfer
2. Thor
3. Phoenix

Old Post Jan 29th, 2012 11:30 PM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

If you count everything surfer did AND everything doom did with surfer's power, he looked pretty damn powerful. It's between him, jean and possibly Thor.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2012 12:19 AM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Lets not forget Surfer could phase through anything.. Seriously in the movies he was the most powerful one. But the real Thor would kill him wink

Old Post Jan 31st, 2012 05:21 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Lets not forget Surfer could phase through anything.. Seriously in the movies he was the most powerful one. But the real Thor would kill him wink

Only flaw with the movie version of Surfer, is they did give him a weakness he doesn't have in the comics, when they found how to separate him from his board - I know Dr. Doom in the comics found a way to steal his power (But I don't know how he did it.) But his control of molecular matter make it a three way race between him, Thor, and an insane Jean Grey.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2012 05:33 PM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by roughrider
Only flaw with the movie version of Surfer, is they did give him a weakness he doesn't have in the comics,

True but I think the movie did not specify the amount of force it would take to seperate Surfer from his board(and if thats even possible with Brute force alone). And I doubt movie Thor would even be aware of this weakness.

Like I said in a comic book fight I go with Thor every time. But as of now for the movie versions I will go with Surfer (though the Avengers movie and Thor 2 may change my mind).

Last edited by Darth Thor on Feb 2nd, 2012 at 05:06 PM

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2012 05:04 PM
gogogadgetgo

The only time that Thor seemed impressive was when fighting the frost giants. While everyone else was having trouble, Thor was going crazy smashing ever frost giant he comes into contact with and culminating with killing the giant frost giant beast with one shot. After that, everything was meh.

Base on his showings in the movie, Thor is quite powerful, but not impressive enough for me to say that he could take on Surfer or Jean.

As it stands, I'll have to say
1. Surfer
2 & 3. Hulk or Jean but since Jean got owned by Wolverine, which is really stupid, I'm leaning at Hulk being number 2
4. Magneto - he levitated an entire bridge for ****s sake. Nothing Thor did in the movies suggest that he had that much raw power
5. Thor
6. Prof X
7. Ghost rider
8. Storm

Old Post Feb 9th, 2012 06:21 AM
gogogadgetgo is currently offline Click here to Send gogogadgetgo a Private Message Find more posts by gogogadgetgo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by gogogadgetgo
After that, everything was meh.

Iv never figured out what "meh" stands for..

2 & 3. Hulk or Jean but since Jean got owned by Wolverine, which is really stupid, I'm leaning at Hulk being number 2

She let wolverine kill her.

4. Magneto - he levitated an entire bridge for ****s sake. Nothing Thor did in the movies suggest that he had that much raw power

Movie Mags was a powerful metal telekinetic, but thats about it. Movie Thor would destroy him. Mags has no defence against Lightning, Hurricanes, or Thor's Hammer smash. Whilst Thor has defences against all Mags attacks, and even if he gets hit is durable enough to survive a powerful point blank explosion without a scratch to show for it.

We have not even seen the limits of his durability, but his physically weaker brother seemed to survive falling all the way down to Earth from Asgard.

Last edited by Darth Thor on Feb 10th, 2012 at 02:59 PM

Old Post Feb 10th, 2012 02:55 PM