KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Games 'Respect' Forum » The Nemesis

The Nemesis
Started by: Snafu the Great

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Snafu the Great
Jerkass Woobie

The Nemesis

DUN-DUN-DUUUUNNN!

(please log in to view the image)

Anyone who played Resident Evil 3 has to admit that Nemesis is one persistent SOB.

After all, it's not everyday you run into a smart-ass Tyrant who can chase you from room to room armed with a rocket launcher and smacking you around with tentacles, chanting "S.T.A.R.S." like a freakin' mantra.

A personal favorite...other than Mr. X, that is.

Nemesis is one of the deadliest BOWs ever created. Part of the Tyrant Project, the NE-T virus was used in its conception at the main Umbrella Facility in Paris. The first Nemesis was created when the NE-Alpha was inserted into the spine of a T-103. This was the Nemesis T-type. The parasite stimulates the T-virus cells and catalyses the formation of new brain cells. This allows the parasite to gain control of the host’s brain. In effect a second brain is formed, with all lower brain operations including control of the major organs and motor functions. Over time the NE-Alpha parasite will take over all bodily functions. Four compatible subjects were found, but during the mutation process one of the Nemeses maintained the ability of independent thought. Whether it was the parasite that was responsible or the host was never found out as the subject tried to escape and was destroyed immediately. The remaining Nemeses were given inhibitors that would limit the NE-Alpha’s growth when it reached maturity. This new modified Nemesis was classified the Nemesis T-02.
Due to the fact that only 1 in 60,000,000 people have DNA that is compatible with the virus, Nemesis is an extremely rare BOW. It was a minor miracle that a compatible test subject was found at all. For all intents and purposes Nemesis is completely indestructible. Most conventional weapons have no effect on it and explosives only succeed in rendering it unconscious. It uses the same ‘scent’ program as the T-103s, enabling it to hunt down targets over large distances. Unlike other Tyrants, Nemesis is sentient. As it actually has a concept of what its mission is, it is able to improvise in situations. It is also able to use weaponry. In the Raccoon City incident Nemesis was issued with a modified C90-CR rocket launcher, which was used to great effect. Standing over nine feet tall, Nemesis wears the standard trench coat issued to Tyrants, which hides a mass of tentacles capable of infecting victims with the NE-T virus. The NE-T virus affects the central nervous system of the victim and can cause mild paralysis. If the victim should die, the NE-T virus contains enough T-virus cells to reanimate the victim, which increases the chances of the T-virus being spread. Unlike the T-103s, Nemesis is extremely agile, capable of jumping several storeys and outrunning any human. Its strength exceeds that of a T-103. Nemesis was killed during the Raccoon City incident by STARS member Jill Valentine. The circumstances that resulted in Nemesis’s death were extreme, and highly unlikely to be repeated. Regardless the loss of Nemesis was a huge blow to Umbrella and there is little chance of finding another compatible host.

Nemesis was designed to secrete a substance that would increase its cell metabolism in order to counter any heavy attacks and recover from wounds. The downside would be more increasingly unstable mutations. After falling unconscious in a fire, Nemesis’s trench coat was burned off and its rocket launcher destroyed. The extreme pressure put on the body caused a spontaneous mutation effect seen with G-Types and Crimson Heads. Nemesis’s tentacles extended in length and the loss of the trench coat allowed greater mobility. Its attack patterns include wrapping its tentacles around its victim and throwing them against walls.

After being decapitated, losing an arm and finally being boiled in large vat of acid in the Umbrella Waste Disposal Facility, which was designed to break down industrial waste, the remnants of Nemesis crawled to the nearby body of a T-103 and ingested some of the remains. The apparent infusion caused an extremely violent mutation. Its reaction was similar to that of a G-Type with new appendages being spontaneously generated. It also suffers from the same ‘devolution’ effect with each mutation; Nemesis reverted to a quadruped form and would have no doubt broken down into an amorphous blob had the mutations continued. An interesting chemical reaction also took place. Its unstable metabolic rate will cause a conflict between the T-virus and Nemesis-T virus cells. Nemesis can use this to its advantage by projecting a highly acidic compound of T and NE-T virus cells, capable of infecting anyone who comes into contact with this substance. Its acid and tentacle attacks are less effective than its previous attack patterns, but still lethal nonetheless. It is interesting to note that Nemesis continued to pursue its mission goal of eliminating all STARS members even when near death, and when mutations should have substantially altered its brain.

Chuck Norris learned his trademark move, along with his sense of duty and justice, from Jesus after watching Him roundhouse kick a money changer out of the temple.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2007 01:16 AM
Snafu the Great is currently offline Click here to Send Snafu the Great a Private Message Find more posts by Snafu the Great Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Snafu the Great
Jerkass Woobie

Nobody's respecting the Nemesis?

Chuck Norris learned his trademark move, along with his sense of duty and justice, from Jesus after watching Him roundhouse kick a money changer out of the temple.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2007 09:14 AM
Snafu the Great is currently offline Click here to Send Snafu the Great a Private Message Find more posts by Snafu the Great Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Anyone else feel RE3, was nothing more then a game of cat and mouse, just with the Res title, and ideas.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2007 10:36 AM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

I see I was beaten to it but it ain't my fault, it's the retarded search function in this forum. Anyways, time to start respecting...

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post May 12th, 2010 05:20 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stargun

A nice strenght feat for Nemesis;

Old Post May 14th, 2012 03:18 PM
stargun is currently offline Click here to Send stargun a Private Message Find more posts by stargun Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

Very nice, but probably not canon. Nemmy couldn't break through the RC Precinct doors, while T-103 was casually breaking down walls that offended him in some vague way. The idea that he could push a bus like that makes you wonder if he just didn't want to break down the doors (in which case he's enjoying the cat and mouse) or the new game's non-canon/remaking canon.

For the record, RE 3 was one of my all-time favorites specifically because the idea of being perpetually stalked by the big mean and impossible to kill Nemesis made it much more tense and scary than any amount of zombies.

Old Post May 21st, 2012 01:30 AM
Stealth Moose is currently offline Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Stealth Moose

For the record, RE 3 was one of my all-time favorites specifically because the idea of being perpetually stalked by the big mean and impossible to kill Nemesis made it much more tense and scary than any amount of zombies.

thumb up

Wonder why they didn't continue to add that element.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post May 24th, 2012 12:30 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Very nice, but probably not canon. Nemmy couldn't break through the RC Precinct doors, while T-103 was casually breaking down walls that offended him in some vague way. The idea that he could push a bus like that makes you wonder if he just didn't want to break down the doors (in which case he's enjoying the cat and mouse) or the new game's non-canon/remaking canon.

1) Jill was in an area that had a save point. No way Capcom's dumb enough to throw the game's antagonist in those safe zones unless they want to face a barrage of fan complaints.

2) The door was just to startle the player. Remember, in the 90's, RE was a horror game with moments that made you burst out laughing after you survive a near heart attack and I won't lie when I say I jumped when those doors moved 'cause I did not have enough herbs to survive that fight

3) Did Nemesis not burst through a solid concrete wall like it was nothing? Your argument is invalid.

EDIT- 4) I'm confused now. When you say "T-103," do you mean Nemesis still or are you talking about Mr. X? I think he has wall busting feats as well.

quote:

Hopefully this element will return in Resident Evil 6 when Wesker Junior is chased by that giant seen in the trailers.

Last edited by Nemesis X on May 24th, 2012 at 07:35 AM

Old Post May 24th, 2012 07:21 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

For the record, RE 3 was one of my all-time favorites specifically because the idea of being perpetually stalked by the big mean and impossible to kill Nemesis .

Don't know about impossible to kill because he can be defeated and from it you get gun parts.

Old Post May 24th, 2012 08:36 AM
Kazenji is online now! Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

Originally posted by Nemesis X
1) Jill was in an area that had a save point. No way Capcom's dumb enough to throw the game's antagonist in those safe zones unless they want to face a barrage of fan complaints.

Ignoring obvious gameplay mechanics, it arises the question of "could Nemesis break down the doors". There's no logical reason for Nemesis, who otherwise tends to charge right at Jill with the express purpose of killing her, would opt not to break them down.

quote:
2) The door was just to startle the player. Remember, in the 90's, RE was a horror game with moments that made you burst out laughing after you survive a near heart attack and I won't lie when I say I jumped when those doors moved 'cause I did not have enough herbs to survive that fight

I'm well aware of early horror tactics. But this is feeding in speculation. RE does a lot of cheap scare tactics, but looking at it objectively, there's a reason to doubt Nemesis is strong enough to push that bus.

quote:
3) Did Nemesis not burst through a solid concrete wall like it was nothing? Your argument is invalid.

No, my argument is still valid. You've shown Nemesis stomping through an already damaged ceiling which was already bowing in from pressure. Is it considerable strength? Yes. But not enough to manhandle that bus. A lot of that could be his considerable weight. I'm sure if a four-five hundred pound individual hopped on that crunched floor a few times, it'd fall right through.

quote:
EDIT- 4) I'm confused now. When you say "T-103," do you mean Nemesis still or are you talking about Mr. X? I think he has wall busting feats as well.

It's widely known that T-103 is the alternate name of Mr. X. That was my whole point. I can believe that Mr. X can backhand a car or push a bus because he can -literally- walk through walls. Nemesis has not shown the exact same level of strength, although he's no weakling either.

Old Post May 28th, 2012 01:27 AM
Stealth Moose is currently offline Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Ignoring obvious gameplay mechanics, it arises the question of "could Nemesis break down the doors". There's no logical reason for Nemesis, who otherwise tends to charge right at Jill with the express purpose of killing her, would opt not to break them down.

If he didn't have the strength to open doors, you wonder how he got in the police station at all. Dude, enough. Whether you like it or not, gameplay mechanics made Nemesis not go in there. If it makes you feel better, think of it this way: Nemmy was about to open the doors but then thought to himself "I'll surprise her up ahead." There. Good enough for ya?

quote:
I'm well aware of early horror tactics. But this is feeding in speculation. RE does a lot of cheap scare tactics, but looking at it objectively, there's a reason to doubt Nemesis is strong enough to push that bus.

And this conversation is happening because of gameplay mechanics...

Look, If he was as weak as you're implying, he wouldn't have reached Raccoon City Park. Heck, he wouldn't have even reached the clock tower.

quote:
No, my argument is still valid. You've shown Nemesis stomping through an already damaged ceiling which was already bowing in from pressure. Is it considerable strength? Yes. But not enough to manhandle that bus. A lot of that could be his considerable weight. I'm sure if a four-five hundred pound individual hopped on that crunched floor a few times, it'd fall right through.

A ceiling? Last I checked, I was showing Nemesis bursting through a wall (that was intact before he started hitting it mind you) from the second floor. When did we suddenly start talking about his scene in Umbrella Chronicles?

quote:
It's widely known that T-103 is the alternate name of Mr. X. That was my whole point. I can believe that Mr. X can backhand a car or push a bus because he can -literally- walk through walls. Nemesis has not shown the exact same level of strength, although he's no weakling either.

But aren't both Mr. X and Nemesis T-103s? You're saying trenchy can do all that but Nemesis can't even though, again, they're T-103s? Now you're just avoiding facts. Nemesis has shown he can go through walls.

Last edited by Nemesis X on May 29th, 2012 at 05:13 AM

Old Post May 29th, 2012 05:10 AM
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

Originally posted by Nemesis X
If he didn't have the strength to open doors, you wonder how he got in the police station at all.

He broke through the window. Even I remember that, and I haven't played the game in like ten years.

quote:
Dude, enough. Whether you like it or not, gameplay mechanics made Nemesis not go in there.

You have not conclusively proven this with a verifiable source other than "I think it is; therefore it is". That's called proof by assertion, and it's false reasoning. If you had an official game guide behind the scenes insert, interview with Capcom, etc. that confirms this fact, or better - credits the bus scene as canon, then we'd be settled. But simply saying "it is so" is foolish. You're no authority, and you've been wrong twice so far that I've counted on RE3 evidence, one of which you presented yourself.

quote:
Look, If he was as weak as you're implying, he wouldn't have reached Raccoon City Park. Heck, he wouldn't have even reached the clock tower.

Weak as I'm implying? How weak is that? Or are you strawmanning here? I've indicated that it is doubtful for RE3 Nemesis to have canonically pushed that bus with such ease since he has no preceding similar strength feat in the game. His decision or inability to not break down the precinct doors is important - I'm pretty sure a multi-ton bus would break those down easily. If Nemesis can toy with a bus, he should have been able to break down the doors.

You can assume as a player that yeah, he didn't because people needed a break to catch their breath from a major encounter. But that's not a situation of gameplay mechanics invalidating common sense; if you're asking a common sense question of "Can Nemesis do X" you can't arbitrarily throw out valid evidence to support the claim either way.

Or in laymen's, you can't just ignore context and arrive at a sensible answer to the question.

quote:
A ceiling? Last I checked, I was showing Nemesis bursting through a wall (that was intact before he started hitting it mind you) from the second floor. When did we suddenly start talking about his scene in Umbrella Chronicles?

Your vision is either selective or impaired. The video you presented showed it was the ceiling (hence why the crack was bowing downwards, not to the side) and Nemesis came flying down after he broke through.

Pay attention please.

quote:
But aren't both Mr. X and Nemesis T-103s? You're saying trenchy can do all that but Nemesis can't even though, again, they're T-103s? Now you're just avoiding facts. Nemesis has shown he can go through walls.

No, he hasn't. And they're both not the same thing. T-103 is a mass-produced Tyrant from Sheena Island, and is T-virus infused and surgically enhanced. The Nemesis is a different bioweapon manufactured in France by another branch of Umbrella and uses a specific parasite for its enhanced intelligence and controllability.

Two seconds on Google netted me this, so there's no excuse for your ignorance, especially in a situation where you insist on being dismissive towards my valid point.

Old Post May 31st, 2012 03:35 AM