KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » INTERSTELLAR (Christopher Nolan)

INTERSTELLAR (Christopher Nolan)
Started by: Patient_Leech

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Patient_Leech
Ungod

INTERSTELLAR (Christopher Nolan)

Looks to be Nolan's next film...

Christoper Nolan Heads Into Space With 'Interstellar'

I'll certainly be interested enough to keep my eye on this, but I'm always iffy when there's "time travel" involved in films. It can work, but it can also be unnecessarily confusing.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2013 12:02 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

As long as you have a MacGuffin to explain it all, everything should be fine. For some reason I'm kinda wary about future Nolan works and the possibility he runs out of ideas and starts leaking in devices from his previous films. Something strange and complex like this might inadvertently lift from Inception.

They both begin with the same two letters, so I'm pretty worried.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2013 01:30 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

I see what you mean. I'm not a big fan of Inception, personally. But I'm still excited about the proposition of Nolan doing a space adventure film.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2013 03:17 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Look who's joined the cast for this film (John Lithgow). And apparently they begin filming August 6, 2013.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2013 01:12 PM
COG Veteran
Teh GrOovY 1

Yayyy!!! Finally a sci-fi film that isn't a brainless reboot or sequel!

Old Post Jul 24th, 2013 01:23 AM
COG Veteran is currently offline Click here to Send COG Veteran a Private Message Find more posts by COG Veteran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Yeah, but knowing Nolan, he'll probably make it unnecessarily and irritatingly convoluted.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2013 01:29 AM
COG Veteran
Teh GrOovY 1

It's been a while since i've seen a good mind-twisting movie, shit can't remember the last one I saw. But i'm up for the scientific theories the movie will explore.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2013 01:40 AM
COG Veteran is currently offline Click here to Send COG Veteran a Private Message Find more posts by COG Veteran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vensai

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Yeah, but knowing Nolan, he'll probably make it unnecessarily and irritatingly convoluted.

And there will be some mind twisting ending that leaves more questions than answers.

Credit to Scythe

Old Post Aug 15th, 2013 07:04 AM
Vensai is currently offline Click here to Send Vensai a Private Message Find more posts by Vensai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
COG Veteran
Teh GrOovY 1

Originally posted by Vensai
And there will be some mind twisting ending that leaves more questions than answers.

Better than some generic predictable ending we get with most of nowdays trash sci-fi films that end with large explosions and trying to make us care for characters that they never develped.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2013 03:46 PM
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Some potentially spoilery things. Something about a spaceship crash and a "Mother Ship."

click

Old Post Sep 18th, 2013 03:07 AM
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Y'know one way to make aliens angry would be to nickname their ships, "Mother Ship."

Old Post Sep 18th, 2013 05:05 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KillaKassara
Restricted

Account Restricted

"Snow White in space."?

"Compounding these trickster aspects, the Joker ethos is verbally explicated as such by his psychiatrist, who describes his madness as "super-sanity." Where "sanity" previously suggested acquiescence with cultural codes, the addition of "super" implies that this common "sanity" has been replaced by a superior form, in which perception and processing are completely ungoverned and unconstrained"

Old Post Sep 18th, 2013 11:33 AM
KillaKassara is currently offline Click here to Send KillaKassara a Private Message Find more posts by KillaKassara Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Originally posted by Dolos
"Snow White in space."?

Nah, I think that's supposed to be the new Wachowskis Siblings' movie in production now, Jupiter Ascending.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2013 01:59 PM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: INTERSTELLAR (Christopher Nolan)

I'll certainly be interested enough to keep my eye on this, but I'm always iffy when there's "time travel" involved in films. It can work, but it can also be unnecessarily confusing.

Don't watch Primer if you haven't already. That is one mind-boggling time travel film.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Sep 26th, 2013 02:17 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Looks to be Nolan's next film...

Christoper Nolan Heads Into Space With 'Interstellar'

I am looking forward to this film..

I know about and completely understand wormholes

cast seems to be pretty good.. Knowing Nolan, he will deliver

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Sep 29th, 2013 09:41 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Man, the trailers are cumming hard and fast recently (kind of like my sex skills shifty ). There's a bit of a teaser out now...

...some 2001: A Space Odyssey ideas might be coming on.

(Imp: maybe move this to the Movie Discussion forum so it gets more attention?)

Old Post Dec 14th, 2013 06:08 PM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Intriguing. Very political trailer. True that we've taken several steps back with pioneering travel/space technology in recent years with the retirement of Concorde and the space shuttles.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Dec 15th, 2013 03:16 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Man, the trailers are cumming hard and fast recently (kind of like my sex skills shifty ). There's a bit of a teaser out now...

...some 2001: A Space Odyssey ideas might be coming on.

(Imp: maybe move this to the Movie Discussion forum so it gets more attention?)

good trailer, im glad nothing is revealed

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Dec 17th, 2013 10:27 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Not too exciting, but new poster...

Old Post May 9th, 2014 12:01 AM
siriuswriter

God, but I love me some Nolan movie-hype.

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Old Post May 10th, 2014 03:23 PM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote