KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » No Man's Sky

No Man's Sky
Started by: Demonic Phoenix

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Demonic Phoenix

No Man's Sky

Because this demo obviously won E3.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Jun 10th, 2014 09:46 PM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

thumb up

The only question is whether or not I can murder the fauna populating the worlds I explore.

If I can be a spacefaring Great White Hunter it's instant game of the year.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2014 09:49 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

It does look pretty nifty. I hope there is something more than just visiting worlds.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2014 03:44 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Jun 18th, 2014 11:56 PM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Hyped.

Reading the newest Game Informer implied that you can indeed kill the shit out of the various animals on worlds on foot.

I'll greatly enjoy that, I think.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2014 12:06 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

Did GI say when it is coming out?

Old Post Jun 19th, 2014 12:23 AM
NemeBro

Nope, just says TBA.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2014 12:43 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Still I would like to know if there is anything else than just visiting worlds....

Some people might love that aspect and I think it's damn nifty (especially considering there is no load screens) but I would get crazy bored.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2014 01:43 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

You can get into large-scale space battles (Other plays can be involved IIRC) and can kill the shit out of said worlds' inhabitants, that I recall.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2014 02:26 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

That's all good if that's what you want. I always like some sort of story element.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2014 03:12 AM
Impediment
Endless

So, is this game worth all the hype? Looks interesting, but kinda tedious.

“Dreams shape the world."

Last edited by Impediment on Aug 12th, 2016 at 05:19 PM

Old Post Aug 12th, 2016 05:07 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

I can't buy the game unless it has some form of melee combat (besides pistol whipping).

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Aug 12th, 2016 06:33 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's a bit repetitive so far. I've been at it for about 25 hours and met 50+ aliens from 3 different species (I think they're the only 3 main species). I've switched ships 3 times. Upgraded my suit and changed my mining tool/weapon loads of times. Collected 7 atlas stones. Visited 40+ star systems and over 100 planets and documented, recorded and then shot fvck out of loads of animals and plants. Been involved in a few random space battles which if the algorithm decides you're due to be killed then you can't really avoid them unless you're just outside a planet's orbit or right outside a space station in which case going back in seems to reset your pursuers out of existence.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Aug 12th, 2016 10:03 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I understand the draw this game has for people but I have no ****ing interest in it.

Finding planets? Ok, that sounds like a fun backdrop for a game.
Upgrading Suits? Sure. Not a problem.
Finding crafting materials? Yep. Enjoying Far Cry Primal for that exact reason.
Nothing else? Nope!

I just find the reason those gameplay mechanics exist completely meaningless. Why am I playing it? Just to see planets? I need something more than that.

A game like FTL, which is not the same as No Man's Sky but it has the same exploratory wonder has a mechanic where you need to keep on moving so you don't get caught by a huge enemy force. Things happen on the way. Trying to survive hostile encounter and all that stuff. Why couldn't this game have that?

I just don't see a reason to play it.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2016 01:32 PM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

There's several story elements. There's the atlas journey in which you help a couple of genius intelligence gatherer types who appear as a space anomaly to gather info about the universe and in return you get gear, learn languages etc. There's also the main theme of getting to the centre of the universe in which the atlas guys help but you have to make choices as to what you want help with. Tech to explore, atlas locations or black hole locations that give you huge jumps towards the centre. The problem being if you choose black hole jumps every time, the closer you get to the centre the harder the pirate ships are and you end up outgunned badly. Some star systems also have battles that you warp right into the middle and you can join either side either for look for attacking or rewards for defending.

To anyone playing I'll say this. If you find a planet with either sac venoms or gravitino balls then plunder the shit of them and get into the 10's of millions of units cos you'll need it for the exosuit upgrades

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Aug 13th, 2016 01:58 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Old Post Aug 16th, 2016 02:50 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ares834
Welcome to No Man's Sky!

lol

Also heard this was single player only.
no thx erm

Old Post Aug 16th, 2016 03:41 AM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

But there must be some planet out there that looks that E3 footage.

I would be interested to see what type of game No Man Sky would of been if a major developer created it.

Because what it is now is pretty lackluster. Wouldn't it be too much to have a persistent online world with a few million planets but have a gameplay system that allows you to create structures and your own colony? Basically a Rust/Minecraft type experience?

Old Post Aug 16th, 2016 02:52 PM
Jmanghan

Idk, hearing that its single-player only makes me wanna get it.

I hate having to encounter other players in games like Destiny and shit, it takes away from the magic for me.

The goal is to get to the center of the universe(?)

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Aug 16th, 2016 10:12 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

You know what No Man's Sky has got the one up on Destiny over? THE FACT YOU CAN FLY THE SHIPS YOU BUY.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2016 01:29 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote