KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Batman: The Frightening

Batman: The Frightening
Started by: Telemicus

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Telemicus
Wasted

Batman: The Frightening

I believe the new film is going to be called The Frightening and directed by Christopher Nolan.

If your keen I believe the script is available at christophernolan.net

It looks like it's going to be even darker than the first, which is a relief becasue the franchise was turning into a joke with the last few films...
And theres no hint of Robin in it, thankfully.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2003 10:52 AM
Telemicus is currently offline Click here to Send Telemicus a Private Message Find more posts by Telemicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor_Pessoba
Lulu's Man

any idea who is going to be in it? I heard Kevin Spacey was going to do the scarecrow at one point..and maybe Christian Bale for Batman...which I think would just kick ass but..who knows

Old Post Jun 15th, 2003 11:29 AM
Senor_Pessoba is currently offline Click here to Send Senor_Pessoba a Private Message Find more posts by Senor_Pessoba Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omegaman

I heard Jeff Goldblum for Scarecrow- a much better fit , I think!

Old Post Jun 16th, 2003 05:15 PM
Omegaman is currently offline Click here to Send Omegaman a Private Message Find more posts by Omegaman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

thank kami the movie makers are toning the cheesyness down and go back to basics! it's about time too! i heard christopher llyod was to play scarecrow. but who knows?

battosai yuriko

Need to Reach Me? Then Please Contact Me Here: [SodapopAllerdyce/Xanga] [phantomtravel3r/LiveJournal]

Old Post Jul 7th, 2003 01:13 AM
BOPRecruit 16 is currently offline Click here to Send BOPRecruit 16 a Private Message Find more posts by BOPRecruit 16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jakewoodblues

Hey, I'm brand new here, but I heard that Christopher Lloyd is up for Scarecrow. An excellent choice

Old Post Jul 7th, 2003 02:37 AM
jakewoodblues is currently offline Click here to Send jakewoodblues a Private Message Find more posts by jakewoodblues Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morph

I heard Tom Green was going to play Alfred and Jet Li was Robin.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2003 06:28 PM
Morph is currently offline Click here to Send Morph a Private Message Find more posts by Morph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Metroplex

Tom Green as Alred???????? What the hell is that????? Tom Green is too young to play alfred and he is a complete idiot. Did anyone see Freddy Got Fingered???? That movie was horrible and Tom Green Sucked.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2003 01:09 AM
Metroplex is currently offline Click here to Send Metroplex a Private Message Find more posts by Metroplex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
robert-batman

I heard Frank Miller (author of dark night returns) was either directing it or producing. And it is going to be rated R

Old Post Jul 8th, 2003 02:46 AM
robert-batman is currently offline Click here to Send robert-batman a Private Message Find more posts by robert-batman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
robert-batman

How the hell can jet li be robin. i can understand nightwing, but robin!? HECK NO

Old Post Jul 8th, 2003 02:56 AM
robert-batman is currently offline Click here to Send robert-batman a Private Message Find more posts by robert-batman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morph

Update: Rosie O'Donnel will be Catwoman and Al Roker will be The Joker.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2003 05:11 AM
Morph is currently offline Click here to Send Morph a Private Message Find more posts by Morph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bigbadbike2
Hitman

I hope this Batman is not a joke. The first 3 were OK but progressivly the Batman Franchise has gotten worse. More childish it seems.

Made By: Me

Dragging a knee at 140 on a bike, just takes all the rush out of driving a car at 120. - Sammy Sliger, 2001 (paraphrased)

Money is not everything. As if poverty is.

I've also learned that love cannot be on a one way street... if it does not go both ways it can be a lonely road. Personally I like to just watch the cars go by.... - Happy Kine, 2003

Dare to be different, just like everyone else.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2003 08:30 PM
bigbadbike2 is currently offline Click here to Send bigbadbike2 a Private Message Find more posts by bigbadbike2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Metroplex

I think it started getting childish with the third one Batman Forever. Just looking at Jim Carey's acting as Riddler just ruined everything.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2003 11:31 PM
Metroplex is currently offline Click here to Send Metroplex a Private Message Find more posts by Metroplex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Metroplex

quote:
Originally posted by Morph
Update: Rosie O'Donnel will be Catwoman and Al Roker will be The Joker.

Are you serious that Catwoman will be rosie O Donnel??? Shes too fat to actually do any flips.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2003 11:32 PM
Morph

Yes, I am serious.... smile

Old Post Jul 10th, 2003 05:55 AM
Metroplex

Jesus. she would crush Batman just by stepping on him and her voice is really annoying.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2003 11:02 PM
therealbatman

i've heard everything hear to. And of coarse Batman has gotten Childish the movies are mad for kids.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2003 04:35 AM
therealbatman is currently offline Click here to Send therealbatman a Private Message Find more posts by therealbatman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

denzel washington should be batman or maybe dennis leary or nick nolte, bring some edgy ness to the films nolte could be the drunken bat who stumbles around swearing at himself, hed be a good out of shape alchoholic batman, the bat costime would be like two sizes to small and he could have a beer belly pertruding out, instead of using detective skills he just shoots the bad guys and eddie murphay could be robin, it could be the drunken bat and the ghetto boy wander, you have to admit it would be more entertaining than the last two bat films, i think it would make millions

Old Post Aug 11th, 2003 02:13 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaptainInsano
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't think batman will be rated R because he is such a universally liked figure. Little kids love batman and it would take a lot of the sales away. I also think Christopher Loyde is a great choice

Old Post Aug 12th, 2003 02:23 PM
CaptainInsano is currently offline Click here to Send CaptainInsano a Private Message Find more posts by CaptainInsano Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

yeah but if it were nolte as batman and eddie murphay as robin i think it would do really well it would draw all the fans fro the 48 hours movies and the older bat fans just make it one long two hour joke about how bad the previous two films were, do you mean christopher loyd from back to the future? if so thatd be great you could even get micheal j fox to be robin the un controllable shaking sidekick, hes faking it anyway, then you could even go one further and get chris reeves as bruce waynes new butler, he could wheel around in his wheel chair, or just give him a suit and tie a cape onto his electri wheel chair and he could be the third sidekick yeah thats better than murphay and nolte, you have a high strung idiot as the hero, an uncontrollable shaking sidekick who nods his head up and down everytime he speaks and an ex paralyzed superhero who becaomes a sidekick chasing baddies in his wheel chair with bat wings on the side

Old Post Aug 12th, 2003 05:05 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote