KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » Superman Vs Wonderwoman

Superman Vs Wonderwoman
Started by: Hell Lancer

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (58): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Hell Lancer
Restricted

Account Restricted

Superman Vs Wonderwoman

so anyone know the exact score on wins and losses they have to each other. I know the two have fought on several occassions but I have trouble getting my hands on the issues where they do fight. also some of the links on the WonderWoman respect thread are broken sad

Old Post Feb 15th, 2010 01:51 AM
Hell Lancer is currently offline Click here to Send Hell Lancer a Private Message Find more posts by Hell Lancer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hell Lancer
Restricted

Account Restricted

sad

Old Post Feb 18th, 2010 12:15 AM
Hell Lancer is currently offline Click here to Send Hell Lancer a Private Message Find more posts by Hell Lancer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

i don't think there's an actual score, or if there is, i don't know it.

in most of their fights, diana seems to be portrayed as giving him a good fight, but he usually wins in the end...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 18th, 2010 06:38 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

We have seen where Diana is bloodlusted, she is capable of harming him with her tiara and sword - like when she made the decision to kill Maxwell Lord.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2010 08:57 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

ww does have magic based powers, yes?

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2010 10:24 PM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

I've wondered the same question, and have not been able to find a list. By far the most common outcome is a draw is one thing I'm sure of, and while in the fights Clark tends to have the advantage, the final results is probably a lot closer to even than many people suspect.

Greg Rucka has stated she has the advantage on the ground, him in flight.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by super pr*xy
ww does have magic based powers, yes?

Yes, most notably in some nice magic weapons.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2010 10:44 PM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hell Lancer
Restricted

Account Restricted

how come they don't have those scans in the SM and WW RT's? confused
IMO, either of them giving the other a fight is a feat.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2010 06:32 PM
Q99

Originally posted by Hell Lancer
how come they don't have those scans in the SM and WW RT's? confused
IMO, either of them giving the other a fight is a feat.

The WW respect thread had some of them, both recent (like Sacrifice) and old, but then the image host of a lot of the pics in that thread went down.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2010 12:57 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jedc53

Wonder Woman is a perfect mixture of Amazonian beauty, her soft ivory curves counterbalancing her hinted muscularity.I like Superman, but he's just too powerful.

Old Post May 20th, 2010 06:13 AM
jedc53 is currently offline Click here to Send jedc53 a Private Message Find more posts by jedc53 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

Superman has treated her (and her magical sword) like a common street whore on more than one occasion.

Old Post May 20th, 2010 04:14 PM
Enyalus is currently offline Click here to Send Enyalus a Private Message Find more posts by Enyalus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by -Pr-
i don't think there's an actual score, or if there is, i don't know it.

in most of their fights, diana seems to be portrayed as giving him a good fight, but he usually wins in the end...
Pretty much.

Old Post May 20th, 2010 04:18 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Originally posted by Enyalus
Superman has treated her (and her magical sword) like a common street whore on more than one occasion.

If you're referring to "For Tomorrow" then I'd like to point out that pretty much everyone got that treatment in said story. Superman treated Batman like an angry child throwing a temper tantrum and Kyle Rayner was just some hapless damsel in distress that needed Superman to rescue him from peril.

I loved the story but the writer tried way too hard to make Superman a badass to the detriment of pretty much every other character he came into contact with.

What are some of the other ocassions?

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post May 20th, 2010 04:26 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by Omega Vision
If you're referring to "For Tomorrow" then I'd like to point out that pretty much everyone got that treatment in said story. Superman treated Batman like an angry child throwing a temper tantrum and Kyle Rayner was just some hapless damsel in distress that needed Superman to rescue him from peril.

I loved the story but the writer tried way too hard to make Superman a badass to the detriment of pretty much every other character he came into contact with.

And also, despite his attitude, he didn't win in the fighting, so that really doesn't say much. They fought for awhile, each getting some attacks in (and she was oddly equipped only with a little dagger instead of her sword, axe or lasso, each of which would've been better, especially the lasso since she was just trying to stop him), then she had to go save some dudes, because that's how she roles.

It was a stalemate, Sacrifice was, if anything, a win for Diana, League of One was a start of a fight then Clark getting the 'others in danger' line making him run off (while admitting actually taking him down was unlikely), and when fighting a magic *boosted* Superman who Circe made go into a blind rage and become more Doomsdayish and stronger than normal, she fought him long enough to break that enchantment too.

It's hard to think of the last time she's lost. Well, I guess in the absolutely horrible Tenth Circle he suckerpunched her in the back of the head, but then she held off a vampire-controlled Superman quite well later on.

Stalemates are the rule between the two of them and Enyalus's comment can be ignored.

Though I will note that in Elseworlds, alternate WWs tend to do horribly for some reason. It's pretty annoying.

Last edited by Q99 on May 21st, 2010 at 12:05 AM

Old Post May 21st, 2010 12:01 AM
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Originally posted by Q99

It's hard to think of the last time she's lost. Well, I guess in the absolutely horrible Tenth Circle he suckerpunched her in the back of the head, but then she held off a vampire-controlled Superman quite well later on.

KLUDD!! laughing out loud

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post May 21st, 2010 12:46 AM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

Originally posted by Omega Vision

I was talking about....ah. I forget exactly when it occurred. I believe its volume 3 of the JLA, around Identity Crisis? Wonder Woman attacks Superman with her sword, the art shows multiple strikes with it, and Superman is standing there blocking all of them casually with one hand.

I hope Pr knows what I'm referring to if no one else does. no expression

Old Post May 21st, 2010 12:58 AM
Enyalus is currently offline Click here to Send Enyalus a Private Message Find more posts by Enyalus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

What's generally said about them is "Yea, Superman'll eventually win*, but it'll be a heck of a fight**." With the two notes being *They almost never get a chance to fight it out to the end, and **Unless Clark makes a mistake or Diana gets lucky, like with a tiara throw.

Old Post May 21st, 2010 06:17 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I was talking about....ah. I forget exactly when it occurred. I believe its volume 3 of the JLA, around Identity Crisis? Wonder Woman attacks Superman with her sword, the art shows multiple strikes with it, and Superman is standing there blocking all of them casually with one hand.

I hope Pr knows what I'm referring to if no one else does. no expression

that was martian manhunter masquerading as diana, iirc.

he schooled him so bad, though.

i laffed.

also, speaking of whores, i want more all star batman.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post May 21st, 2010 06:34 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by -Pr-
that was martian manhunter masquerading as diana, iirc.

he schooled him so bad, though.

Ah, so trying to fight like Diana, but without her skill or the actual magic sword. I can see where that would be a problem smile

Old Post May 21st, 2010 07:07 AM
Q99

Oh wait, or was that from the totally lousy The Tenth Circle story arc? I think she broke a mundane sword (i.e. not her normal enchanted blade, just one she picked up there) against him in that.

And the story does have this in it too saying they're equal. Though you can tell from the page it's not a particularly good source.

Old Post May 24th, 2010 07:18 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Q99
Oh wait, or was that from the totally lousy The Tenth Circle story arc? I think she broke a mundane sword (i.e. not her normal enchanted blade, just one she picked up there) against him in that.

And the story does have this in it too saying they're equal. Though you can tell from the page it's not a particularly good source.

i think that is the same arc, yes.

i don't think one statement contradicts the comics that say otherwise, though.

not saying he's vastly superior or anything, but even gail simone agrees that he's at the very least stronger.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post May 24th, 2010 08:36 AM