KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Avengers vs. JLA: Battlezone Challenge

Avengers vs. JLA: Battlezone Challenge
Started by: JakeTheBank

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Avengers vs. JLA: Battlezone Challenge

Okay, so since my Trinity vs. Big Three BZ idea didn't go over as well as expected (ie. it tanked embarrasment ), I'm hoping that this one garners a bit more attention.

(please log in to view the image)

JLA versus Avengers: Battlezone Challenge

(Work in Progress)

Essentially, this will expand upon some of the ideas I had regarding my original one, but since it opens up the possibilities of repped characters beyond Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman versus Captain America, Iron Man, and Thor and allows some others, this should get more people involved. Ground rules are as follows, but not limited to:

-Characters drafted for the Avengers must be or have been recognized members of the Avengers franchise. New Avengers, Mighty Avengers, Dark Avengers, West Coast Avengers, Young Avengers, etc; so long as they were official members of one of the many iterations of Earth's Mightiest Heroes, they're fair game. Characters and feats, however, must come from the 616 reality of Marvel Earth. No alternate reality/timeline characters allowed.

-Likewise, characters for the Justice League must have been recognized members of the Justice League franchise, whether they were in the Justice League of America, JLI, Justice League Detroit (looking at you Vibe), Justice League Europe, etc. Characters and feats must come from the New Earth canon of DC.

-Characters will be divided into tiers, loosely based off of the official unofficial KMC style of tiers I'm sure most of you are familiar with. The tiers are as follows:

• Street Level/Low Meta: Batman, Captain America, Green Arrow, Hawkeye, Hawkman, Wolverine, etc.
  • Mid/High Meta: Aquaman, Iron Man, Vixen, Scarlet Witch (Classic), Red Tornado, Vision, etc.
  • Herald: Superman, Thor, Orion, Hulk, Wonder Woman, Sentry (non-Void), etc.

Opinions on power levels may be subjective and differ for participants, leaving room for debate on whether or not a character "fits" on a tier they're being drafted for. In such occasions, I'll have the final say, but a open line of dialogue is encouraged in these cases if said draft pick isn't quite kosher. The absolute cap on default power levels concerning the Herald tier is High Herald. Anyone decidedly more formidable/powerful than Superman or Thor on the average is by, default, illegible for drafting, regardless of their membership status.

-Each team will have an equal, though yet to be determined number of characters representing them. This number will be decided upon once a fairly accurate number of wouldbe participants. Characters may be "shared" between debaters in order to split workload and also take into consideration for those who have busy school or work schedules.

-Prep time rules will be elaborated on at a further date.

-Other crap I'll think of will likewise be elaborated on at a further date.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2012 06:58 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

There are about a dozen people i'd be comfortable repping.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Mar 31st, 2012 10:09 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Hey, can I join the party?

Old Post Mar 31st, 2012 01:56 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

@Pr: Awesome

@abhilegend: Yeah, no problem.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2012 02:20 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Facee
Lord of Pretty

I remember mentioning a battlezone just like this. happy

How many Debater's per team ? Does one team post first then the other? Or will there be individual debates. This could be fun if we can get a lot of people involved , say 12-14.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2012 09:55 PM
Facee is currently offline Click here to Send Facee a Private Message Find more posts by Facee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Ideally, I'd like to have the teams be six characters vs. six characters:

-Two Street/Low Metas
-Two Mid/High Metas
-Two Heralds

As far as debaters themselves go, if this were to be three vs. three, than obviously, each debater would be responsible for two characters. The more people that are interested, however, the more flexible I could be. I could wind up having debates that are Mixed Tier (involving all three tiers) or doing Single Tier and having more room for debates. It all depends on who shows interest and how many people.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2012 11:18 PM
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

You know I think I want to give this a try

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Apr 1st, 2012 04:55 AM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Great Lakes Avengers count?

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Apr 1st, 2012 06:54 AM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Great Lakes Avengers count?

Yep.

Of course, Squirrel Girl would be beyond the power cap.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2012 08:28 AM
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Doorman/Deathurge then cool

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Apr 1st, 2012 12:09 PM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Originally posted by Endless Mike
Doorman/Deathurge then cool

I see what you did there. stick out tongue

Old Post Apr 1st, 2012 04:17 PM
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

More rules and crap:

-Each team will be allotted no more than fifteen (15) minutes of prep time. Prep time may be used to coordinate strategy between the characters, gather gear and resources, power up, and other activities. Prep-time cannot interfere with the opposing team, nor may it be used to spy on them or anything like that. No time travel shenanigans, either. Prep-Time will begin at an agreed upon "base" for each team, but can move to other locations within their means to travel to within reason.

Example: Team Avengers decides to begin their prep-time in Stark Tower. After doing what they need to do there, they transport to Asgard for another errand run. Conversely, Team JLA begins prep-time in the Watchtower, and later transports to the Bat Cave.

Provided you can prove within reason that you can get to other locales and do what you need to do within 15 minutes, you can go there.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2012 04:25 PM
Senor Cage

Do Pre-Crisis characters count? For example would Kent Nelson count?

Old Post Apr 1st, 2012 10:03 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

say "no", jake

Old Post Apr 1st, 2012 10:21 PM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Fair amount of pressure to make a strong character pick, being on a team with such open rosters for choices and no real competition for picks.

There should be like team captains or something.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2012 10:34 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

What about outside amping for prep, would that count (Sundip, Belt of strength)?

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2012 02:47 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by carver9
What about outside amping for prep, would that count (Sundip, Belt of strength)?
Are you going to participate ?

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2012 02:55 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by quanchi112
Are you going to participate ?

I would like to. I would represent Hulk of coarse and Thor as well.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2012 03:20 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by carver9
I would like to. I would represent Hulk of coarse and Thor as well.
Of coarse.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2012 03:32 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by quanchi112
Of coarse.

Why did you bold "coarse"?

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2012 03:57 AM